The Sealife Resort Hotel is a smallish hotel at the western outskirts of Antalya with a strip of private beach at the popular 10 km long Konyaalti pebble beach. Konyaalti is where people from Antalya went relaxing for the at least the last 40 years. It is still extremely popular with the Antalyans and with Turks from all over, because most of the beach is open to the public unlike the sandy beaches in the East (Lara-resorts) that are mostly private beaches owned by newly built Tourist resort hotels. Also there is a very good infrastructure of little restaurants, teahouses, kebap-shops, supermarkets etc and very frequent buses to Antalya Centre. Konyaalti is less popular with European, American and Russian tourists who seem to prefer the large All-Inclusive-Resorts of Lara where they don't ever have to leave compound and virtually never come into contact with the locals.
The Sealife Hotel has good-sized and clean rooms with daily housekeeping-service, two small pools and a pool with two small slides for kids, a nice clean spa-area with Finnish sauna, steam room and Turkish bath and small indoor pool.
The main restaurant offers morning-/lunch-/dinner- buffets and the food is halfway decent. The kitchen seems to be on a bit of a tight budget, however, and variety is not necessarily a strength of the menu. The poolside snack - bar offers pizza, hamburger, hotdogs and chips which are good enough as the occasional alternative. But when you're there, also go out and try food in local restaurants instead! Experience some of the real Turkey!
The hotel entertainment is, frankly, abysmal so you better go out and find a nice live-bar or disco somewhere in the area or in the Centre. There is a water-sport center attached to the hotel that offers para-sailing, jet-skiing, etc but there is also a variety of companies based around Konyaalti that offer that. It's worth to shop around!
The staff seemed quite young and in-experienced, the service wasn't consistent and some of the staff didn't seem to like their jobs particularly. It would not cost a thing for them to start smiling occasionally and would make tips come in more consistently.
Overall however we had a great holiday because we did go out and found places to be and things to do. The good accommodation in the hotel did the rest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the seafront near Antalya, the Sealife is an all-inclusive hotel in Turkey within easy reach of the Olympos National Park and many of the fascinating Greco-Roman cities which once dominated this part of the world, such as Perge. Minibuses to Antalya and Kemer depart from outside the hotel every 15 minutes, allowing you to pop into town or get to the airport with ease. The beach in front of the hotel has been awarded the Blue Flag in recognition of its cleanliness too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Sealife Family Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sealife Family Hotel Antalya
- Sealife Family Resort All Inclusive