“our stay in hotel sera” 4 of 5 stars

Club Hotel Sera
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ornek Koy Mevki Lara, Antalya 07003, Turkey   |
Ranked #43 of 225 hotels in Antalya
turkey
“our stay in hotel sera”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

the hotel was a very good 5 star hotel food was excellent rooms very clean but not many english in hotel entrtainment team were very good but as a brit took turkish lira or english currency everything in dollers or euros only minus was the que for food did not like that at all

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

384 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Hadan amazing time at this hotel & cannot wait to go back. The food is excellent, the hotel is immaculately clean. Staff are great, the odd one or two don't speak perfect English, but the majority do. The spa was superb! Cannot find fault at all with this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Just got back from 10 night break. Excellent hotel with good facilities. The food is superb especially deserts. The down side of the hotel is it was full of Germans and Russians who can be rude and have no que manners. Staff is excellent but hardly can speak English. Hotel is located right on the start of Lara beach which is convenient. Bus stop is right opposite to the hotel which takes you to the old town of Antalya which is around £1.00.
Animation team is good, I would return again.

Room Tip: Book early for sea view room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Me and my husband have just got back from club sera hotel, it is a beautiful hotel, there are so many pool's and the beach was nice, they had many sun lounger so you did'nt have to wake up early to get one, The hotel is so BIG and amazing, the staff was really nice and they had the best animation group EVER!! had so sun fun. There was a lot of russians and I mean a lot and at dinner times they always pushed in the queue which really pissed me off and some days it was so hard to find a table because they was so full, I think the staff should learn to speak english which was not a problem for me as I can speak thurkish but we meet a few english family and which found it hard, We did have a really nice time and I would go again.

Room Tip: We had a sea side view which was really nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bergen, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I've been to 5star all inclusive hotels before, and I must say I was disappointed this time. The food was good, but the service was very poor. My husband and I were the only Scandinavian guests, the rest was primarely Russian. The Russian guests were loud and rude, and the staff seemed fed up.

During dinner, every table was set with a 1.5L of water, and the guest had to share these bottles. The times we decided to eat late, we had to run to different tables to collect water. When my husband tried to order at the bar, he was told to ask the waitress. Well, while the Russians snapped, yelled, and pulled the staff, we sat quietly by our table and tried to make eye-contact. Almost every day, my husband had to run after the waitress to order.

While other hotels have plastic bottles you can bring to the beach, this hotel only had plastic glasses. We ended up buying our own bottles at the SuperMarket right outside the hotel.

The hotel was also very overpriced. We decided to book a spa-appointment. They promised massage in the same room, I payed extra to upgrade my massage from 45 to 60 minutes, and I booked medical massage for my shoulder. The next day my husband and I were directed into seperate rooms, I only got a regular massage for 30minutes (the room had a big watch). And we actually payed 417TL for this!!! (More expensive than Norway even!).

The water jetskies were 45Euro for 15 minutes!! So that was REALLY expensive! We upgraded our room, but we didn't get the upgrade. We booked a á la carte restaurant (that was supposedly included in our "ultra all inclusive" package"), but we still had to pay a €10 service charge in advance, AND the wine wasn't included like it was every other place. The cheapest wine was €17. The food at the Mongolian restaurant was delicious, but unlike other Mongolian restaurants where you check for the meat and vegetables you want, we had to go pick our own food, and the waitor showed no interest in us.

We also joined the animation team to ALLY-night club. We payed 35TL and this included transportation and a "cocktail" (a tiny shot). This was fun, but SO expensive. The cheapest drink in the bar was 40TL!! This is also more expensive than home, we were in shock!

Don't get me wrong, we had a wonderful vacation! However, the things listed above was rather annoying, and irritated us quite a bit. It felt like they were trying to make as much money from us as possible at all times. Even during dinner, they hesitated to give us the free wine. And after midnight, we had to pay extra to get mineral water in the hotel bar! We expected more from a "ULTRA" all inclusive hotel.

I also want to add that we acted polite at all times. We don't expect much, and we always treat service-staff with respect. We were not difficult at all.

The hotel however was beautiful. There were always available sun beds by the pool and beach. We got clean beach towels every day. The cleaning personel made sure our minibar was full every day, every meal was well prepared, various, and delicious. We were very pleased with that! The room was also big, clean, and the airconditioner was of high quality! We felt very safe as the hotel had a guard 24/7. The animation team was amazing. The tennis-court was great, and we lent all the equipment from the hotel for free (deposit).

Note that the hotel is very close to the airport, and you might find the constant take off and landings interupting. However, the rooms are well isolated, and we didn't hear any noise inside our room.

All in all, it is possible to have a great time at this hotel, but I have been to better 5 star hotels i.g. Sea Life Hotel, Sharm el Sheik (this hotel is even cheaper).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Slemani, As Sulaymaniyah, Iraq
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Very nice hotel, I don't think I will see another hotel like this, it is wonderful, every thing is wonderful, I like this hotel, and like hotel service in Antalya.

The hotel is too big, and the design outside and inside is wonderful, the hotel is very clean, every thing is clean, the staff is totally ready every time to serve you.

The hotel is contain wonderful Spa Center, nice beach, nice swim pool, a disco, and more more more.

The service in the hotel (like all hotels in Antalya), most and really the important is totally free, you can take breakfast, late breakfast, launch, and dinner free, you can drink anything you like in the lobby free, the minibar is totally free, the restaurant is very big, and they put more type of food in each time, you will find what you need every time.

Also the location (Lara Area) is wonderful.

I think I can't explain this hotel as its deserve, it is wonderful hotel.

If you go to Antalya, this hotel is one of the best options for you.

Room Tip: all the rooms is wonderful
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
southend
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Arrived back last week after a 2 week stay.
The hotel and facilities are very nice and spead over lovely spacious grounds and gardens with its own private beach.
The rooms and decor are a bit on the bright side but nothing to get upset about.
Problems : 1/ Be warned it is 99% Russian which I just wish had been made clearer before booking. We eventually met two other British people on our second week. Now I don't expect a hotel in a foreign country to be like a trip to the set of Eastenders and I would not want it to be but after staying in hotels all over the world you expect to be able to have a conversation with someone from back home. (the staff do speak reasonable English so don't worry about that as mentioned in previous reviews) 2/ Although the food is a fair standard and the breakfast is not very tasty. The evening meal is the worst time as this is served in the outside eating area. Unless you get there at 7pm when it opens you will find it difficult to get a table. You have to walk around and around waiting for current diners to leave their table and then you have to jump in quick (bit like musical chairs !!), it does not stop there, you then have to go off and find your own cutlery/napkins and then go up individually to get your food in case otther diners take your table. This need to be sorted out as after a lovely day it puts you off going out for your evening meal. If you try and go later perhaps about 8.30 the staff are more interested in clearing up so it is the difficult to get served drinks and end up getting them yourself. They do work hard but need better organising and direction. The managers seem to swan around giving out orders but do little to help situaltion themselves.

Please don't let this put you off staying as it is still a nice hotel and good facilities but please just be advised.

Room Tip: Main building
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Club Hotel Sera? Share your experiences!