Check in was painless even when coinciding with a large group. I got a large double room with a spacious kind of sitting area with a large flat screen TV. A nice balcony - unfortunately not facing the sea. (Not the hotels fault).
You get two .5lt waters each day. The bathroom is spacious and clean. I actually never even saw the house keepers in my room but they always made it impeccably.
The internet plan is free - slow and fast you pay. I was able to function on the free plan doing email and even some online web editing. I did download a large file which took about 3 hours - but I got it in the end.
The views from this hotel are truly spectacular. Snow capped mountains with the deep blue sea in the foreground. Really exquisite.
The buffet restaurant is absolutely first class - extensive selection and excellent quality. You could not ask for more.
I was surprised that some of the staff were actually rude, and kind of snobby. I find it remarkable that so much effort would go into providing an excellent guest experience only to have it come undone by some very impolite staff members. Primarily this was experienced at concierge and some reception staff. The perpetrators seemed quite confident in their unfriendly approach so one can only guess that upper management in some way engenders this attitude.
The other far more serious issue is one of safety. The hotel property backs onto a park that is on the top of cliffs overlooking the sea. It is a lovely view and well worth a look. However, there is a significant safety issue in this park. In the two times I have visited this hotel I have heard of women being mugged back there. The first incident was theft and the second was attempted sexual assault.
This area is not at all safe for unaccompanied women, particularly when there is no-one around. Absolutely never go there after dark, when it is raining or in the late afternoon.
The hotel has a security guard stationed out the back but he stays by the gate so he can only see a very limited distance.
- Also Known As:
- Rixos Downtown Antalya Hotel Antalya
- Rixos Downtown Antalya Hotel
- Sheraton Antalya
- Sheraton Voyager
- Antalya Sheraton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our newly renovated luxurious hotel, located on the world famous Konyaaltı Beach over the cliffs with an unsurpassed view of the Mediterranean Sea and Toros Mountains. It is a unique city hotel with well kept spacious garden, tropical pool and resort hotel facilities.Antalya Nights and besides all of the beach and summer activities waiting for you to enjoy, Rixos Downtown will be glad to host your events like wedding organizations, business meetings and conventions with extreme attention and a Rixos touch on every detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Agoda, Otel, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Rixos Downtown Antalya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.