In summary: It was a really lovely hotel, with wonderful staff, deserving of its 5-star rating. The location was the only negative aspect.
Hotel Servies & Reception:
* Really helpful and accomodating staff
* Lovely girl Side, gave us a late checkout as we had a late flight, which really helped us as we had a baby
* We were given a free upgrade to a sea-view room on request
* Osman, one of the doormen, was very friendly and helpful
* Excellent taxi service
* Swimming pool was clean, towels provided, and quiet. Music was quiet and pleasant.
* Breakfast/dinner buffets had an amazing variety, and the food was good quality.
* Although there weren't many children, the hotel and staff were very child friendly.
* Not a resort hotel. No all-inclusive services. No screaming kids running about.
* Comfortable, spacious, well-equipped rooms.
* Modern furnishings and bathroom
* Clean and in good condition
* Very good room service. Food was quick, delicious and nicely presented
* City view room was only noisey when balcony door was open, due to a main road. It also looked out onto a building site on the other side of the road, but no noise from that.
* Sea view room - beautiful views of the sea and gardens, and possibly swimming pool. The Rixos swimming pool was not noisey, however the neighbouring hotel (Falez) often played lout music, which could be heard with the balcony doors shut.
* The hotel is on a busy main road.
* If you want to see more of Antalya, most journeys e.g to the old town have to be made by taxi (30TL round trip)
* Konyaalti beach is 20 minutes walk from the hotel down steps. The hotel also offers an hourly shuttle service. Its a pebble beach, which wasn't particularly child friendly.
* Big shopping mall and supermarket 15 minutes walk (5 minutes cab).
* No local restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our newly renovated luxurious hotel, located on the world famous Konyaalti Beach over the cliffs with an unsurpassed view of the Mediterranean Sea and Toros Mountains. It is a unique city hotel with well kept spacious garden, tropical pool and resort hotel facilities.Antalya Nights and besides all of the beach and summer activities waiting for you to enjoy, Rixos Downtown will be glad to host your events like wedding organizations, business meetings and conventions with extreme attention and a Rixos touch on every detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Escapio so you can book your Rixos Downtown Antalya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rixos Downtown Antalya Hotel Antalya
- Sheraton Antalya
- Antalya Sheraton