“fabulous time!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delphin Imperial Hotel Lara

You added Delphin Imperial Hotel Lara to your Saves list
Delphin Imperial Hotel Lara
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kemeragzi Mevkii, Lara | Turizm Yolu, Antalya 07110, Turkey   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
10% off room rate
Ranked #12 of 231 Hotels in Antalya
“fabulous time!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We travelled as a family of 4, (my wife and 2 kids 16 & 12) and i can honestly say we had an absolutely fantastic holiday...

We arrived just before midnight and were greeted by a cheerful reception man who checked us in and explained a few things to get us started, i had booked a family room and when the guy said ive got an even better room for you i was a bit apprehensive. He said he will personally show us and so we followed him. Well, the room he showed us was fantastic, it was right at the front of the hotel with 2 bedrroms and a massive bacony (some 40ft across) with 2 large sun beds, seat swing and a jacuzzi, needless to say we were overjoyed. As it was past midnight we ordered some room service which was deliverd within 15mins and was lovely..

Im not going to bore you with a detailed description of everyday, but our own personal experience was always first class...

The food in the buffet was lovely, from breakfast, lunch and dinner and we never had any issues about finding a table, i liked the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast, the fresh orange juice was superb, as was all the fresh bread, fresh fruit, eggs, meats fish etc etc...

We always found 4 sunbeds around the pools and they do inforce the no unaccompanied towels policy before 8.30 rule, which is good.

We found the service, cleanliness and politeness by staff to be fine, the roller skating girls served us our drinks by the pool and the waiters at the pool and snack bars were polite as well

My son and i played table tennis, bowling, snooker and pool and thoroughly enjoyed it, he also went parasailing from the beach which he loved.

my wifes tipple is gin and tonic and they always had either Gordons or Beefeater available.

You can not go hungry at the Imperial, we found the snack time meals were fantastic, from kebabs, jacket pots, pizzas, hotdogs, toasted sanwiches, waffles, ice-cream and more.

Considering what you are actually getting, the hoiliday was competively priced, we didn't feel the need to go outside the hotel, everything was there to keep you amused. Unless you want o use the spa or any motorized activities you literally don't need to spend a penny.

in Summary, we as a family are lucky enough to go away evey year, but we all agreed this was one of the best holidays we have had.

If you would like any further information/advice that i may be able to give you please don't hesitate to contact me

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Ayrshire, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Although I use trip adviser all the time and usually write reviews for anywhere I visit I wasnt going to bother with this one as I felt like it has all been said before and those who havent had the good experience have had their say as well. I then read the 2 star review about the holiday camp below and decided just to write one as I was there exactly the same time as this family and had such a different experience that its weird to think we were in the same place at the same time.

I have never been to an All Inclusive resort before and had my reservations about it however we had agreed to go with friends who have been to both the Palace and Imperial the past 2 years and were returning for a 3rd time. We were 4 couples in our 40's with a fifth couple joining us for 10 days of the fortnight. All had been to Lara Beach (and Delphin hotels) before this stay with the exception of us.

I am not going to go into this in detail as there are already reviews on here on absolutely every aspect of the hotel and obviously reading them everyone doesnt agree however I have to say that I found almost every aspect of this hotel 5 star with the exception of the booking system for the a la carte restaurants (which really needs sorting out). I have travelled the world and stayed in many beautiful 5 star hotels but I have to say the service is this one was exceptional. We found the boys in both the restaurant and bars to be fantastic and they ran after us hand and foot. 8 of us walked into the restaurant each night (although we did wait till at least 8.30 as most families were away to the show by that time and there were no kids around) and they boys immediately started pulling tables together for us to sit together even though we were happy to dine as 2 4's. Drink service was great and they couldnt do enough for us.

Around 4pm we went to the pier each day and at night we sat at the bar just outside the lobby or occasionally down at the bar next to the adult pool. We got to know a couple of the boys / girls serving in each and honestly they were bringing us more drinks even when we hadnt asked for them. On the pier they put bottles of Mariatchi in ice for us so that they were nice and cold. They all knew what we all drank and remembered it from the day or night before and there were 8 or 10 of us.

We went to the adults pool each day and although there was occasionally a few people tested the rules and took their kids there it was only ever a few and they were usually moved on within the hour by the ''pool police'' as we called them. As mentioned in the ''Holiday Camp'' review we were those mentioned who took lilo's into the pool. We were asked at the beginning of the holiday not to do this and we argued that we did it last year and there were no problems and also that this was the ''relax'' pool and what is more relaxing than lying on the water at the side of the pool. We were not bothering anyone. We said that had we known this was a change from last year we would possibly have chosen a different hotel and we did not want to go to any of the other pools to do this as they were much busier / noisier and we had all left our (adult) kids at home. Eventually we spoke to a manager who agreed we could do this for the duration of our holiday as the sign going into the pool area did not state that inflatables were not allowed. I am sure the sign would have been changed as soon as we were on the plane home though.

Another reason I found this hotel's service 5 star - one day we went to the pool and left the ''do not disturb'' sign on the door by accident. We therefore came up from the pier around 6.30pm to find the room had not been made up, no fresh towels, minibar etc. Obviously our own fault so we just got on with getting ready for the night. We left the room at 8.30pm to go for dinner and after dinner my husband went back to the room to get his cigarettes to find that the room had been done in the hour that we were out. I think this is exceptional at 9pm at night.

Not going to make this review any longer by going into other aspects of the holiday as its all been said before but we found the Delphin Imperial to be a really great hotel, beautiful surroundings with great service. We did tip those serving us quite often - on the pier, in the outside bar and the restaurant - so maybe that did help with our service but if thats the case then it was well worth it. The boys went into the lobby bar each night to get me Gordons gin and my friend Smirnoff vodka - no bother to them whatsoever. There were 5 couples so maybe one of the guys with us gave 20 lira to someone one night and someone gave 20 to someone else and another night someone else gave the 20 lira - all in all not alot of money to us for the service we received but obviously enough for them to want to continue to run after us all holiday.

I can understand the reviews that give this 4 stars instead of 5 as its not perfect but not 2 stars. This hotel is not ''poor'' by anyone's standards no matter what you are used to in life. I feel like I have been in a completely different hotel to some people.

Godalming, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I booked the Delphin Imperial late last year after reading and hearing good reports about the place!
Earlier this year and throughout the Summer,the reviews and positive opinions about the DI became negative!
This was worrying and I did at one point try to change to another hotel,but as it involved cancelation charges,paperwork etc.etc,I decided to put the negative comments to the back of my mind and go and see for myself!
I really hate to give negative reviews about any hotel and I can usually find something good to say about them!
In this case,I admit that I am struggling to find anything positive to say about the Delphin Imperial.
On arrival,the place is stunning( in a Blingy,flashy kind of way),it would either make one go wow,or ooooer!
The entrance and lobby are indeed very impressive again in a Blingy kind of way!
The check in was slow and poor!
On arrival in our room,we were delighted to have a full sea view ( we only booked a side sea view) and the room was decorated with the ( you either love it or hate it) eyes type of decoration!
The room was on the small side,but very nice with a wonderful view!
Then,we opened the wardrobes and found that my Wife could not hang her long dresses anywhere as the wardrobes were simply too short!
There were no drawers to speak of and the wardrobe was one full compartment and then a host of spaces where there was literally only room to put shoes sideways ( I joke not)
Quite simply,there was no room to put our belongings and as we were ( supposed to be) there for 14 nights,the storage space was a joke!
We went down to the pool to find not one sunbed available,on to the pier to be told that "There is no Jim Beam,no Jack Daniels and no local substitute" The signs were ominous !
There were queues for everything!
We went to Dinner ( more queues) and to say that the food was average ,would be over complimenting the chefs!
Think 3 star Sol and you are getting near!
We went to see the show and saw some excuse for Russian Dancers!
We went to bed early and depressed realising that we had made a mistake!
We decided to start again the next day,feeling fresh and frankly kidding ourselves that things would get better,they didn't!
More queues,more poor food,more poor drink and the most crowded pool area that I have ever seen,please remember that we are talking 5* Thomas Cook Style holidays here!
Enough! We went to see the TC rep Carly and asked us to get us out to either the Cornelia Diamond,the Susesi or the Voyage
She came back the next Morning with a price for the Susesi and we were packed and ready within the hour and I am writing this from the Susesi ( separate review on my return)
Interestingly,when we checked out,the girl on reception asked us why and agreed with every one of our comments!
In summary,I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!
I fell for the publicity!
Yes,it looks great,but the place really is poor!
How on earth it gets it,s 5* rating,I do not know
The food is rough,the drinks are rough and worst of all ( with apologies to the nice people we met there) the clientele are rough,think Eastern European Del Boy and you have it!
My advice,don,t waste your money on this place! It is my first Delphin hotel,it will definately be my last!
Go to the luxury and space that is Belek!
It cost me a lot of money to go to the Delphin Imperial
It cost me a lot of money to get out of it,but I consider it worth every penny!
My final thought is simply remember
All that glitters,is not gold!

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel
Exeter, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Having stayed at the Delphin Palace twice and the Diva once we were so looking forward to the Imperial, perhaps we set our expectations too high, as it disappointed throughout our stay.

The hotel is nicely put together, it should be based on the excellent format on the other Delphin hotels, sadly this one is too busy, giving it the feel of a 3* 'Sol' hotel. Accommodation is great, food outstanding, but altogether spoiled by the how busy this was and the Delphins unwelcome gathering of impatient, rude and ignorant guests.

Service in the lobby was poor, waiting 15 minutes for service 2 nights on the run...one waiter serving 23 tables. Adults pushing children out the queues for baked potatoes...the action of the F&B Manager was commendable, offering compensatory champagne and fruit (remembering this is all free during your stay regardless).

This is only hotel I have ever had my sunned and lounger stolen (including towels) during lunch. The towel lady being unsympathetic refused replacement towels as a result.

This is probably a harsh review of an excellent hotel, but on pervious stays the hotels have been just busy enough, here they can't cope, the service stutters, waits are longer, guests argue, evening events are not as good. The poolside is packed to the point of stealing beds, it all adds up to a mor stressful holiday than those to the Palace or Diva.

When I raised these points with the hotel, I.e.the Palace had a better balance, the replies were all about size, this lobby is bigger, the hotel is bigger - granted but the feeling and service is lower...this repeated until boredom set in...

Previously I would have recommended the Delphin Group without hesitation, now I won't return so cannot recommend.

Thanks again to the F&B Manager, but its more than food and drink that make a holiday, it's a shame you don't recognise that.

In short, not worth the extra money over the Palace...

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Just finishing our stay at the imperial having stayed in the palace 3 times before and have got to stay the service is second to none.beautiful hotel immaculately clean everywhere.food is lovely.animation team fantastic great to see ilhan in charge again and a great set of guys and great shows.main lobby bar superb 5 star service given by ramazan sahin you looked after us, thank you so much, 5 stars delphin you deserve it

• Stayed July 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Delphin Imperial for 7 nights and here are my thoughts;
Before booking my holidays I carry out extensive research on all the new 5 star, all inclusive hotels, comparing both industry and private reviews in order to choose the hotel that best matches my criteria of being new, modern and clean. In the past I have stayed at the Maxx Royal, Mardan Palace, Calista and Adam and Eve
1. The hotel is very new and well maintained.
2. The levels of cleanliness are very high with what seemed like a small army of cleaners continuously cleaning. The public toilets were always cleaned to a very high standard.
3. The hotel is very large with all the facilities you would expect. The pier is especially pleasant and the sea breeze gives welcome relief from the heat
4. Food and drink is available around the clock.
5. A high staff to guest ratio.
1. The number of guests (2000+).
2. The food in the main restaurant is the same every day and becomes a little monotonous and is a little bland.
3. Booking a table at one of the 7 specialist restaurants involves a great deal of your time stood in a queue only to find out that there are no tables available.
4. The noise from the entertainment, even when your room is located as high and as far away from the entertainment area as possible, is very loud and continues until midnight every night.
5 Insufficient space and sun loungers around the pools.
5. The ratio of staff per guest is impressive. You could see around you all the time a lot of staff, working trying to be available for any request and to clean around the cloc'k.

Room Tip: Choose carefully. A room with a sea view exposed to the noise, or a room at the rear which will be m...
Wellen, Limburg, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We have been to the Delphin Imperial the beginning of june with our 3 year old daughter.
We only have one word for it. Fantastic. Everything is so perfect. The rooms, Food, Animation and things around the hotel. Everything is so clean and we are sure to go back nex year.
if you want to know how luxury feels like in a hotel that is perfect for childeren then this is your best option.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are big enough, never had a room so big for the 3 of us
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family