“Best Family Holiday!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delphin Imperial Hotel Lara

You added Delphin Imperial Hotel Lara to your Saves list
Delphin Imperial Hotel Lara
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kemeragzi Mevkii, Lara | Turizm Yolu, Antalya 07110, Turkey   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 232 Hotels in Antalya
“Best Family Holiday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed at Delphin in May 2013, holiday was fantastic, hotel was modern & service was outstanding. Hotel was clean & food was great, lots of variety throughout the day. Lots to do for everyone, best of all the location from the airport is around a 15 minute private transfer. Would highly reccomend this hotel & we will be definitely going back there again.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lithuania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Very nice hotel, I was afraid that it will be very crowdy, because the building is giant and territory is not very big, but everything was ok, always there were free sunbeds by the pool, on pier, or near the sea. Standart room was spacious, comfortable, we have stayed at 7 floor with sea view, wi-fi worked good only in room, lobby, and sometimes on pier, everywhere else it didnt work, o worked very slowly. Service was excellent. Only one negative thing was food, it was ok, delicious, but I expected more from Imperial, because it's the most expensive hotel from Delphin family, but in Delphin Palace food was much better, in Imperial everyday was the same, and nothing special, and fresh orange juice on breakfast were mixed with orange concentrate or something similar, not nice :) only in detox bar there were real fresh orange juice :) So anyway, we had wonderful hollydays and will come back :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Durham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

After spending 10 fantastic days in the Delphin Diva last year, we decided to try the Delphin Imperial this year! The hotel itself is absolutely stunning, the entrance foyer with its huge chandelier is so impressive. But our overall feeling about the holiday was there was something missing. The food was impressive (not as good as last year in the Diva), the choice was massive, but the service was very hit and miss. You had to fight for a table, and then (as always with the Turkish people) the Germans wander in and sit at their special table!! It is so annoying having to fight/wait for a table when it is meant to be a luxury holiday - if felt more like a Butlins cafe half the time. It was the finishing touches that were missing - there were 3 of us, but when we got to our room we only had 2 towels, and on 3 more occasions we had to ask for a 3rd towel so we could all get showered. We were given 2 towel cards instead of 3 - then when we asked for 3 towels as there were 3 of us, you would have think we were asking for the world - it was just not a smooth operation at all. The customer relations office were so off hand, as were a few other managers. We got to speak to a senior manager (through his interpreter) and we explained our concerns. It did seem slightly better later in the holiday but I think that may have been more staff were arriving as the season got into full swing. The hotel is huge and is trying to meet everyone's needs - couples (all ages), families, newlyweds, active, relaxing, etc. I am really sorry to say that the hotel comes across as a Jack of all trades - but master of none. I hope as time goes on it improves as I think there will be a few very disgruntled visitors if it doesn't.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from 2 wonderful weeks at the aptly named Imperial, We saw the hotel as a building site in Dec 2011 and were wondering if all would be completed but we didn't need to worry, even the gardens looked as if they had allways been there. The design and decor is fantastic, the staff right down to the pool man who as well as sorting out your lounger and parasol also cleaned your specs and sunglasses were courteous and friendly,the pool waitresses on roller blades were great fun. The room cleaning service was very good often the bed would be decorated with a swan design or flowers. Our room was on the road side which gave us a diffrent view from the sea side we didn't hear traffic noise with the balcony door closed and air conditioning. The main buffet was exceptional and we cannot believe anyone could not find lots of dishes to suit them, there were Turkish Mexican and Gala nights in there,We managed to eat in the French, Italian, Greek, Mexican and Asian a la carte restuarants all superb but we would have been just as happy in the main buffet. Most nights there was a show at the outdoor theatre and bar some we found very good but to us too many were very similar with acrobats and street dance themes, but you can never please everyone,most nights there was live music at one of the other bars and of course the night club disco. Having stayed the Delphin Palace twice and Limak Lara twice we think the Imperial could learn from the Limaks annimation team who brought in the humour round the pool and also put on some good shows and productions themselves. would we go back? YES.

Room Tip: We have read where people complained about road noise on the front side of the hotel but we found wi...
Bolton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I will start my review by saying this is not an easy review to write as I do not like to slate an hotel but after our visit in November 2012 for a one night taster we were so very disappointed with our recent stay.
Our 5 star experience in my review in the link below seems like a dream now.

I am a Destination Expert for Belek and Antalya and often recommend hotels to forum friends and people had booked on the strength of my positive previous experience.
This holiday was also a 60th early birthday present for my husband as we could not go for his actual birthday as my niece was getting married. We had looked forward to it for so long after a dreadful start to our year.
At Easter a friend sent me an e-mail from the hotel and said that they were dismayed that there were no international drinks available but more concerning was the terrible road noise they experienced in a land view room. This was the room type we had booked. So armed with this news I made enquiries and tried to change hotels to an hotel we know and love the Barut Lara.Thomas Cook refused to let us move hotels saying we must go but to seek the rep in resort if our fears were founded. What a joke, this was another story when you do need help !! I had sought advice from Consumer Direct prior to travel and had told them of my concerns.
I also contacted the Hotel voicing our concerns but their Customer Relations response is very poor and getting a reply is hit and miss. Others due to go also had the same concerns and e-mailed the hotel but e-mails even if you did get a reply skirted around the issues and avoided answering questions. I was quoted a price to upgrade room however from a noisy land view room.
Now this hotel is an Ultimate Style holiday so you would expect it to be top notch.
It certainly has the WOW factor in bucket loads in the main lobby area and the dining areas off the buffet but that is where the WOW stopped for us. In just one year after building up a very good rating with wonderful reviews the Comert chain decided to make drastic cut backs to their All Inclusive package.
The pre-holiday build up and excitement we usually feel was ruined with 4 weeks of concerns and trying to get answers. We set off wondering what we would find and our worst fears were confirmed.
We checked in smoothly at around 2,30pm after being whisked there by private taxi transfer. We were given a room on the second floor and this would have been fine had it not had a minute wardrobe space which would fit no more than 6 items in there. No other space to hang clothes and no drawer space other than two narrow drawers at the side of the bed which hardly anything could be placed in there as they are so shallow. View was over towards the scrub land and Palace. We went right back to reception and asked to have a room with a useable wardrobe please. We got a key and went to see room 5035 and this was better regarding wardrobe space but the aspect was awful with diggers going up and down across the road and the road noise was really bad, The balcony was not useable and not the Superior room as per the Imperial website. The runner of carpet was dirty and we decided there and then that we would have to take it until we sought the rep next day. We had no intention of unpacking at that point.
We went to see for ourselves the drink situation and bearing in mind we would never book an hotel serving mainly just local drinks nor pay the amount we did for such an hotel we set off hopeful that the promised drinks in an e-mail I received were available.
We went first to the lobby bar and saw about 5 lonely bottles of spirits on the display and no named brands so not a good start. I asked for a Bacardi and pepsi light and the barman got the Bacardi from a cupboard but my husband asked for a Smirnoff and orange but this was not available so he had a effes beer as bottled Becks was not available there either,
We then went to the pier where in November we loved to sit with an ice cold Becks and a Mariachi for me.This was in fridges but none available this year,You could have bottled Effes but again it was hidden, This became a theme as we explored what was available. At the Entertainment bar we were informed they served only local drinks and draught Effes . The Aqua bar had a very limited choice of international drinks and I asked for a Johnnie Walker and pepsi light but told it was finished but maybe at the Lobby bar .Absolute Vodka was available but not Smirnoff but you soon realised you got the local Nash vodka unless you watched them pour it and they were keen to send you away from the bar despite having bar stools there ?? We had a term for our many rubbish drinks " it's a load of old Nash " and we thought or said that many times during our week LONG stay! We next tried the Irish bar which we enjoyed in November but only local drinks we were told again and no fridge full of iced cold bottled Becks there this year. We decided to have a bit of food but nothing in the hot containers would make a meal so we had some rice and a bit of a stew type dish with little meat but we were hungry so had that. Emm we were now sure we did not like what we were finding at all the bars. So I could have my tipple at the lobby but my husband needed to go to the Aqua bar for a vodka !! Maybe we are not going to spending much time together we were thinking !!! Anyhow you get the drift so I said let's seek the Guest Services out but there was nobody in the office but the reception called Sebastian who we had met in November to meet us. We sat down for around an hour outlining our concerns to him and he wrote it down and agreed it was not good if we could not drink our preferred choice at the same venue. I said the international drinks are hidden and not a lot of choice and less than in November. I said the Food and Beverage manager had told us in summer more choice is available. I said our room is not acceptable and we had booked a Superior land view room not a noisy land view room and that the runner was dirty. Also that the corridor carpets for a year old hotel were filthy. I also mentioned no air-conditioning in the corridors and it was stifling hot, He was really concerned and said he would pass this on and asked us to contact Guest Services tomorrow as he was off until 4pm.
We were fortunate that next day at 9am the girl at the Al a Carte booking station was American sounding but in fact is Turkish and she to was alarmed and asked we meet with her Manager at 4pm. Not something we expected to do but we agreed to this,
However by 11am we were hoping to move hotels as we knew the hotel had made major cut backs but service was erratic. The dining room was roasting hot but the outside terrace was packed so we had to sit and eat our breakfast there. Our faces must have told each other how we felt and we decided to see the rep before the welcome meeting.

Well we waited for her to arrive and told her the issues but she was defensive and quite rude with her replies. This was the person Thomas Cook said would help us should out fears be proven. !! I said we were not happy and regarding the drinks her reply was Local drinks taste just the same. So I said so they make a local vodka which tastes like Smirnoff and Absolute at the same time ?? I said I do not buy Aldi's own preferring to go to Tesco and buy a branded whisky !
She then went on to say the hotels give less in summer when I said there was more choice in November, wait for it," because there are more people in the hotel they give less" !! I was finding it hard not to laugh had it not been it was our hard earned money that we had spent coming to an Ultra All Inclusive hotel. I told her she was talking ridiculous ! I said you were not at the hotel in winter in any case. I then said our room was noisy to which she said then you will have to pay a fee if you want a sea view room as this hotel does not give free upgrades . I said I am not asking for a free upgrade but did not book a "noisy" room and we have diggers across from our room and it is like being on the M6, tongue in cheek I might add but really not far off !! She said I have lived here 3 years and it is not that bad !! Yes working there but not on holiday and not paid a small fortune for the pleasure..
I then said about our meeting with the hotel, at no point did she take any of our concerns seriously other than the dirty carpet which she said was a valid complaint ?? I said we want to move hotels but she said we had to pay a cancellation charge to do this to the hotel via Thomas Cook. She said she would come back with a price. I also pointed out that the free room service is not as per brochure and stops at 6am not 7am as per brochure and the advertised free internet is not working properly and keeps cutting off

THE MEETING.
I had told the Guest Relations about my visit in November and I had recommended the hotel to people on TA and that I was a DE and was most upset that not only had we found ourselves in this situation but forum friends had booked the hotel after I gave it a good review.
Anyhow the F and B Manager who remembered me and an Operations Manager met us. The Guest Service lady translated our conversation so it was a lengthy 90 minute meeting. To their credit they promised to address things and showed genuine concerns and said they were interested in the comments that we made. I said I appreciated they are implementing these new changes since November from instructions from the Comert management but that having built a reputation last year they cannot expect to make such drastic changes to their All Inclusive concept. I used the example that my husband can get what he likes to drink at one bar while I can get my tipple at another so must we spend our holiday apart? They smiled but understood this was not good. I was promised that all Managers would be informed of changes to be implemented immediately and he went off to get this sorted as possible and that dinks would become available.
They even got a waiter to bring out all the drink choices they had. Not the best choice by a long way but a start. The Guest Service lady admitted sometimes they could not get hold of certain drinks but now they had stocks of everything. I said the service was not good and some staff did not understand simple requests and she said they had just had a big turn around as they like to move staff between hotels.( In key areas they do have some good staff but far to many Chiefs and not enough Indians ) The staff I was told are having English lessons ! I said I do not mind them not speaking English but just basics to be able to serve you and that we quite enjoy a bit of banter but here it was really hard at times to get through to them. I said it is not all about the luxurious surrounding but also about service in a 5 star hotel.
The upshot was they asked us to give them a chance to improve the situation. To be fair things slowly improved but at the expense of our precious holiday getting off to a bad start and so much wasted time. She had noted the room comments and relayed it to the Operations Manager and we were told next day we would be moved to a quieter room. We shook hands and we parted feeling better and glad we had voiced our concerns.
So after this meeting we decided to go to our favourite spot in November the pier and decided to try to enjoy the holiday.
On our way to get ready we checked out the Irish bar and asked for my tipple and one of the many Managers with a tie got a bottle from under the counter with just a small amount of JW in it so it had been there all the time, he was unfriendly and never spoke and then he got the Smirnoff and Orange and again no response just the drinks placed on the bar !! err so either they had been told and sussed it was us that had complained or he was just not pleasant we thought.
We went to the Mexican that evening and the service was good and the starters were great and the chilli was really nice although minus rice. We found the fajitas were nice but not sizzling and hot on the platter. We had Mariachi beer and thought our holiday might have started to improve
We went to the Aqua bar and got JB not JW and Absolute but we enjoyed sitting out doors and the group sounded better after a couple of drinks.The previous night when we arrived the group were quite good and younger and more modern.

Wednesday 8th May

Still living out of our cases having arrived Monday at around 2.30pm.
We were told our room would be available at 10 am so we had breakfast having packed the toiletries up and we were shown our new room. It was a sea view room with a decent aspect room 2008 and we decided to unpack hoping that things would improve.

That evening we went to the Italian and a lovely dining room and we thought it was going to be nice and the starter was and the pasta course was nice but not very warm. The main came and was just steak no veg nothing on a bed of a small amount of a weird puree. My steak was dry and resembled dry roast beef and my husbands was all fatty so we decided rather than make a show of ourselves after the inexperienced helper cleared the plates but never asked was it not good, we tried to leave without a fuss. We were spotted leaving outside in the corridor and just said we would skip dessert and that the main meal was not nice. The more experienced waiter then said would we like more but we said thank you but we are okay.
We nipped to the Irish bar later to grab a bit of food.

Now rather than go on about all the negatives I will try to mention some of the positives now.
The pier is the best in Lara and although still great we did miss the bottled beers that were there last year but they were eventually readily available at the Aqua bar so why not there? I resorted to taking a miniature or two so I could have a nice late afternoon drink at the pier.
This hotel we feel is more geared for families and believe me there were lots of the them.
The funfair is amazing for children of all ages and it does feel like your at the funfair with pop corn and candy floss and it is tucked at the back of the huge entertainment area. The children's facilities are excellent and the kids club area is shaded. See my photo's as they clearly list the activity programme over a two week period so you know what is on each day. This is a great idea. The pools are also great for children and some great slides.
The evening shows seemed suited to children in the main entertainment area and a proper stage and tables and chairs which we prefer. We did not use this though but watched sometimes from the back. Very good ice skating act was on one evening and we stopped to watch for a while before we wandered down to the pier. A Sax player on there and a nice sea breeze but with limited drinks we just had one drink.
The beach party was great and had we had children or teens it would have been amazing watching them enjoy it. We enjoyed the music and watching the procession of animators has they carried torches to light the bonfire and then after this there was a fireworks display.The music was loud and very current and people were asked to go in to the middle of the beach and animators got people up and then the foam party started. We stayed where we were but a fun time was had by all the young people and some not so young!.
We then made our way to the Aqua bar were we had had a fewhit and miss drinks but some decent drinks to as they got to know the order. We did however get a " load of old Nash " at times. I was giving out chocolate to bar staff and restaurant staff and after a few days did have some that we had a bond with but being such a huge hotel this is not easy to do.
I will mention some that looked after us.

Ramazan at the lobby bar who is really under pressure when the bar is busy but always pleasant and tries to make you happy.

The lovely waiter in the Mexican not got his name but he is in my photo, he is excellent as was his assistant both visits. I asked for some rice for my chilli the second visit and he brought us some. Great service from him. He was rushed off his feet in there but still happy and pleasant.
The older guy at the lobby during the morning dressed in black and whose name fails me but who we also met at the Susesi and he was also there in November is excellent and his English is good.

Dreamboy in the lobby as he is a lovely waiter and actually saw me struggle with drinks for the room and put them in his tray and took them up to the room for me !

Zafer Sarigul that looked after us on the lobby terrace late afternoon and was lovely and one of my favourites as he would remember our drinks and knew I like plenty of ice. He so genuine and a really nice young man. There were two nice ladies to on the lobby terrace to that were excellent.
Supermario was lovely and has a cheeky smile at the pool bar and so was Ersin Kilic who was very good at his job.
I would like to mention Cemil Solyer for trying his best to make things better and we saw him working at putting changes in to place. He was implementing things daily and by Thursday bar menu's appeared at the Aqua bar and it was nice that people now knew what was available. He really did work hard and took on board what we had mentioned. Smirnoff appeared at the lobby bar and lots more drinks on display and not now hidden in the cupboards. The Irish Bar had drink menu's and things were more transparent.
Service was still hit and miss but an improvement in some area's but Rome was not built in a day !

A few points to consider if the hotel does read my review.
You do not put lemon in every drink and especially not for example Whisky and Pepsi .Tonic water does not have a Cherry in it. Pepsi needs to be cold as when it is served from plastic bottles not chilled and ice melts to fast and spoils the drinks. Bar mats or as you call them coasters need to be used on the hot tables during the day.
Now another observation and I can speak with some experience as I used to serve behind a bar and would not have kept my job had I wasted so many drinks. Your bar staff and waiting staff waste far to many drinks not serving the correct drinks or taking down the right order in the first place.
I saw two large Gordon's Gin poured but then Coke added instead of the Tonic that the guest asked for!! Maybe your people in white shirts should be monitoring wastage rather than the hotel making so many cut backs for guests ! A simple knowledge of bar terms would be useful for bar staff. I ordered a Baileys with ice. one drink and not a difficult order, a few minutes later a competent bar member asked what would you like to drink? I said I have ordered thank you, he said she does not understand what you want??? So eventually a small measure of Irish cream is brought to me. When I had finished she whisked the glass away and assumed I would be having a re-fill as my husband was still drinking a Beck. No she just removed the glass, no asking would you like another drink ! !
Now two days running because the internet crashed in the room I went down and grabbed a coffee from the lobby bar and tried to connect in the lobby. Later a waiter came over and asked what would you like to drink, I asked for a white coffee with some cognac in it ( for my sore throat) Half hour later no coffee arrived yet the waiter asked again what would you like, I said please can I have the coffee I order 30 minutes ago, It then registered that he had not got me it, but more surprising I got the coffee I ordered but now stone cold !! Next day a similar thing but a different waiter.
Now the final straw and there were many and the morning we decided enough was enough. I was not sleeping after the upset of everything and at 5am I was on the laptop as connection worked when everyone else was asleep. I did not want to use the unhygienic coffee pots in the room but my throat was hurting nor did I want to ring room service for one coffee. My husband was worried about my lack of sleep and asked was I okay, I said I am going down for a coffee. He said I will go. It was now 6am and he was turned away from the 24 hour lobby bar and told to come back at 8am or go to the buffet at 7am !! What !

So you get the drift that we were by now stressed and not happy with all the hassle to get simple things. The new room was never cleaned properly and the floor felt dirty underfoot and the runner of carpet was dirty, see my photo and that was only a small section of it. The bed was clean and towels changed daily but not top quality fluffy towels for 5 star hotel.
The beach towels were hit and miss and some days thread bare and others if you were lucky nice peach ones as you would expect, see photo. The bad ones were only fit for cleaning cloths.

To sum up after giving the hotel a week we felt trapped and unhappy with all the hassle we had endured and sought the rep on the Sunday morning at 11.15am asking to be moved ASAP and then had the run around from her all day. She said she would get a price as we had to pay a cancellation fee to the hotel via TC but after 3 visits to her during that day no joy and she never rang us in the room as promised at 6.30pm-7pm. She had led us to believe we would be moving that day so foolishly maybe we had packed up.
We sought her before her rep meeting Monday and she gave us some feeble excuse about ringing 5 times, don't think so !
Anyhow despite the Barut Lara being cheaper to go there in the first place we had no choice but to pay the fee and could not get away from the Imperial quick enough.
I am so angry we were not allowed to change hotels when we knew about all the issues before travel. This review would not have been written and our holiday would not have been ruined.
I have been back 2 weeks and still not sleeping and did not come back rested and have been on penicillin for a week for my throat, which is nothing to do with the hotel but my throat being sore was genuine !
When we were at the Barut Lara, I would go down at 6am-6.30 am and get a lovely coffee with Cognac no problem and sit using the internet without the frustration of it crashing like at the Imperial. Service is the key and we know which hotel deserves the number 1 slot in Lara. !!

Room Tip: Do NOT book a land view room.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We've just got home from a weeks stay at the imperial, it was the best holiday we've ever had ! We was booked into the diva next door but it was very dated and mainly occupied with German guests. We spoke to our fantastic Thomas cook rep Carly whyte and she couldn't do enough for us to make us happy and we moved next door within 2 hours. Big thanks to Carly.. The imperial was fantastic from beginning to end, the hotel is breath taking to look at. The staff can't do enough for u . The food is lovely too and plenty of enough choice, this hotel has spoilt us and we don't want to stay anywhere else now and are already looking forward to returning again , if u are thinking of going to this hotel but the price is putting u off don't let it because its worth every single penny

• Stayed May 2013
southport
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

First Impressions.....
We initially toured this hotel last October whilst staying at our favorite hotel and the one i compare all others to 'the Barut Lara'.
We had previously toured the other two in this chain the Palace and the Diva but did not fancy them,but as this was a new one and looked impressive we checked it out,our first impression was one of total awe it looked and felt so luxurious,we were given a very extensive and informative tour all looked good, going through the lobby area i asked about the international drinks and are they included i was assured they were,as we did not have those awful wrist bands on we were asked which hotel we were from when we told him the Barut we were told this is the hotel that sets the standard and the one that they try to match and their branded drinks package matches that of the Barut,unfortunately it is far from it.I am not alcoholic but enjoy a good variety of drinks and when you consider the price you pay to stay at these hotels and the fact they sell themselves as Ultra all inclusive this should be a prerequisite the same as good quality food and we should not accept anything less.
Initial Concerns.....
Prior to coming out we started to hear about the lack of branded drinks and noise if you were at the front of the hotel,so i E-Mailed different departments to try and get some information and the lack of response from them was giving cause for concern, i asked if it would be possible to have a room facing the Diva to which i did get one of my only replies but only to tell us these are side sea facing and as we had not payed for one it would cost extra 'not really a good impression of guest relations' we had already paid more than we have ever paid for a holiday so decided to take our chances.
The Arival...
We stayed from the 11th May for two weeks.
We arrived late in the evening and check in was fairly straightforward but we did notice that they appeared to speak very little English,this we found out later to be common place and sometimes a problem,we were given a room on the 9th floor so off we went to investigate we were pleasantly pleased as we could hear very little noise and actually liked the view so happy days.
After having a bite to eat at the Camelot bar on the ground floor we went up to the lobby for some drinks and meet up with an acquaintance from TA,this is where it became apparent that our concerns regarding branded drinks were true,they hardly had any.
People may think that after reading my initial thoughts that we did not enjoy our holiday,this could not be further from the truth but unfortunately this hotel does not meet our expectations and i will only tell the truth as i see it and if you check out some of my other reviews even on my favorite,if their standards drop i will report it regardless.
To start with some people are so overawed by the place, they mention many negatives then give it 5 out of 5...i really can not understand this ,if a hotel is making mistakes,cutting corners etc then the only way to get them to listen is to mark them down.
I will try and deal with each area as best i can and in a honest way.
1) Room/Cleaning..
The rooms are really nice,fairly spacious with a excellent sized bathroom with one of the best showers we have seen,it is huge with both a normal shower head and a rain shower and always nice and hot,in the room we had the usual things such as flatscreen tv (surprisingly though no dvd player or music player) tea and coffee making facilities but i did not like the idea of the coffee and powdered milk being in plastic containers that have obviously been used by others (not very hygienic),the mini bar had a good selection of soft drinks and beers,with nuts and a chocolate bar and restocked daily,the balcony was of a good size with good views over the town and to the mountains and as i said earlier we suffered little noise disruption although it may be fair to say it might be a problem lower down.there was the usual good selection of toiletries,robes and slippers, there is a safe in the wardrobe,regarding wardrobe i would advise bringing extra hangers.The air con was excellent and controllable.we found the bed to be comfortable.
Now the bad point,and i am sorry the cleaner was the worse we have ever encountered (i will be posting photos later)don't get me wrong the room was clean just not done properly,examples are although i usually clean up after myself one day i forgot to wash the glass i had used to swill my mouth out with after cleaning my teeth and when we returned to our room it was still the same but then we started noticing other things such as the mirrored glass wardrobe doors full of finger marks,the neck of the tap not cleaned,the floor not being swept proper the inside of the shower door not cleaned,i actually placed a piece of visible toilet paper by the sink cabinet and it remained there until the day before we left.do not get me wrong it was clean but we do not expect this from a hotel of this standard and unfortunately she let herself down.
2)Pools.
There were 3 outdoor pools and one indoor, there were two huge ones where most of the activities took place and the relax pool where we stayed,we loved it around here it was nice and peaceful and we had no problem getting our preferred sun beds,the girls on the Rollerblades were the best and once they got to know us and our drinks they were excellent especially Damla.
During the day we used to eat at the aqua bar and the pizza were some of the best we have had with a good selection of topping unfortunately the drinks were poor,we don't drink alcohol during the day,mainly coke fanta etc but they were mainly out of bottles,flat and warm so the ice melted quick (not what you expect from this standard of hotel) there was also ice cream to be had here.unfortunately they stagger different foods at different times such as pizza at 12;30
but you could not get jacket potatoes until 4pm.
We did not get involved with the entertainments so can not comment on them only to say they always came round first thing to say good morning.
3) Dinning/Food...
This was a huge let down for us and unless you went late it was just so frantic and the worst dinning experience we have encountered with some of the most arrogant and rude guests we have ever had the misfortune to come across and i am not talking about the Brits.trying to get a decent table was just bedlam,my wife has walking difficulties but these people had no manners they would literally knock you over to get their table ,we even saw them try and take someones table whilst they were getting their food,once we found a decent table one had to save it whilst the other got their food.As for dress code it DOES NOT EXIST it is the worst dress code i have ever seen nearly all the men we're in shorts and tee shirts and that is a fact (i will post pictures) we were told by guest relations that the young lady on the door tries to stop them but only gets abuse, i am sorry that is unacceptable and i said why do you not put security on the door and eject them ,his response was we have a black book!!.
As for the food we found it very repetitive and warm at best and by the time you had fought your way back to your seat it was cold,not all was bad,i did like the tuna,and the prawns and the gateaux were to die for,there was some nice beef but basically it was nearly always the same with not much of a selection the soups were not varied much the bread was excellent but the butter was sour we thought the meat was bland and cheap.
Breakfast was ok and i really enjoyed the omelets and the fresh orange was the best we have ever had.
The reason we had pizza during the day was because if you went in the dinning hall at lunch then you got exactly the same in the evening.
We did try to book the Ala Carte restaurants but unless you got to the stations early to queue up you had no chance.
4)Drinks..
Another huge let down,they had a very limited amount of decent drinks and anyone who tells you the local drinks are near as good haven't got a clue.
As i said earlier on our first evening we noticed they had very limited branded drinks and bottled cola etc, i did mention this to the manager and he asked me what i like to drink i told him i enjoyed Captain Morgans rum and to his credit the next day we had Captain Morgan's we were told they are having import problems which i do not believe for one minute it soon became obvious that they are hiding the branded drinks and you have to insist on them and point to the cupboards were they are hidden,it was over a week before i got a decent Baileys the coke was nearly always flat,the cocktails where pretty good though.If you want a decent whiskey such as JD or Glenfiddich or a decent brandy you have to pay for them at i believe 15 to 20 Euroes a shot.All these drinks and more are free at the Barut and on show When i say free they are not free YOU have paid for them in you Ultra all inclusive package.to make sure you get the drink you want you have to go to the lobby bar and watch them pour it out.the other bars have hardly any decent drinks at all.
Service..
Service was hit and miss and a lot was due to the language barrier but i am not alone in believing that they show preference to their German guests over other nationals it did help to tip though, one evening in the aqua bar we must have waited a good half hour to get served whilst the waiter was concentrating on a number of German guests in the end i had to get up and go over and tell him that we are also guests, he did serve us but got everything wrong.
Guest relations appeared to be mindful of certain concerns and did appear to want to listen.
Internet..
What Internet ,it was so hit and miss and they were always making excuses as to what the problems were
Conclusion.
On the face of it this hotel has a lot going for it and although i have gone into detail if they listen and implement some changes it has huge potential,on saying that i doubt whether we would return ,it is just too big for us,i could imagine it would be ideal for families whose expectations are not the same as couples and i do not mean that disrespectfully,as far as looks are concerned it is first class and is so luxurious looking with some lovely quiet seating areas,the patisserie is really nice as are all the other public areas ,it is also kept immaculately clean,but then generally the Turkish people take great pride in their cleanliness and i would not insult them otherwise.another note they do not have a dedicated courtesy room for when you are leaving.
Regardless of my thoughts and observations we did have a great time here and met some nice people but unfortunately for us it does not even come close to the quality of the Barut.
It is more of a Butlins holiday camp for Germans.

Room Tip: Speak with a German accent
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Delphin Imperial Hotel Lara? Share your experiences!