“Best Holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delphin Imperial Hotel Lara

Save Saved
You added Delphin Imperial Hotel Lara to your Saves list
Delphin Imperial Hotel Lara
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kemeragzi Mevkii, Lara | Turizm Yolu, Antalya 07110, Turkey   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #7 of 225 hotels in Antalya
Breivikbotn Norway
“Best Holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Perfect 5* hotel for family with children stay.Stuff totally friendly, very nice pools, more than enough space on sunbeds everywhere. Children animation team with Saskia is top of the top- children just want to go with her everyday even if they do not speak her language! Every night she takes children away to "minidisco" when they have eaten and parent can have 2hours on their own and know that children were taken care well. Restaurants are very good, food is very various and very very tasty. Stuff in restaurants are doing their best and it doesnt matter you give them tip or not- they are always friendly!(tried with and without tip) but just wanted to give tip after such srvices. We had sea side room - very nice view over pools. Lots of shoping centers around.
Only con- internet not always working in the room- sometimes must just restart or move computer, but they said their are working on it.

Room Tip: Take sea side- in other case you will see street and 5-8 stock buildings and desert at your balcony!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

628 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed for a week in August in a seaside view superior room with my young family of four. The room was more than adequate with all the necessary amenities. The hotel was recently opened and boasts of impressive modern decor and facilities. Varied meals accommodating taste of tourists from different parts of the world but can be bland. The in between snacks and drinks flow non-stop. The spa is wonderful; a Turkish bath is must and also endless adult and children’s pools to accommodate the large number of guess. In spite of its size the hotel, it is ideal for all types of holiday i.e. family, honeymooners and senior citizens, there are separate pool areas for adults. The location of the hotel is ideal less than 30 minutes from the airport and about 30 minutes from Lara Town which has a full fledged mall. Entertainment is not bad, was is a show every night for both children and adults.

Delphin Imperial is a fantastic all inclusive destination with a lots of water sport activity for all ages.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is one of the toughest reviews I have written. I found this hotel in two extreme ends-- too good and too bad. We stayed in a junior suite and the room size was big. Lets start with the things we liked:

Like:
The hotel building is grand and beautiful
Good Ala-Carte restaurants
Good Spa facilities
Excellent private beach
Big room size
Few staff members were helpful
Loved the lobby
Beautiful Pier
Excellent facilities at private beach

Dislike:
Many staff members were unhelpful.
The food in the buffet restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner is too poor and with equally poor quality. There were many dishes over the period of 3 days which were repeated for three continous days and it was confirmed by a very helpful waiter who said some dishes are left over from Lunch. They have to improve on the food quality. Even though we stayed in a junior suite - it did not even had basic amenities in the room, just the room size was big. Even though the temperature was 28*c the aircon was switched off by hotel management. The mini bar in the room was switched off so you have to drink the drinks at room temp. The cleaning service was not upto the mark as it should be for a 5* deluxe hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I had booked a one night stay at this stunning hotel having already booked a two week stay for next year in May. We were in Lara for 2 weeks at the Barut Lara and thought this was an excellent chance to have a taster of things to come. We had an idea of what standards to expect having already stayed at the sister hotel the Delphin Palace in 2007.
We arrived earlier than the 2pm check-in but were informed we could have a drink and our room would be ready shortly.We sat on the lovely terrace off the main lobby and had an ice cold bottled of Becks beer each.We got our room key around 12.40pm and we were informed it was on the 7th floor which I knew had rooms with a bath.The room was absolutely lovely and of a good size, we had booked a Junior Suite. The bath must be the biggest in Lara ! I looked out and we had a lovely sunny balcony but we never sat on it as we had just a short time to explore. We unpacked and put our valuables in the safe and went to the lobby as when we checked in the Reception Guy who was very friendly said we may be able to book an Al a carte with Guest Services so we went to ask but were told all were fully booked. We explained we had just one night but had 2 weeks booked next year so not a problem.He then said we could possibly fit you in the Greek so we said thank you and asked him a few questions about the hotel.I wanted to know the rule on using the other two Comert Hotels the Diva and Palace on either side of the Imperial. Currently Imperial Guests can use the other two for 2 hours per day between 3-5pm but you must go to the main entrance not from the beach.The other 2 hotels can only use the Imperial for one hour. This however is subject to change. We thanked him for his help and off we went.
Starving we went to get some food and came across the made to order Pizza, having heard the pizzas were good here. I must say I found them pretty average. The bottled Mariachi we had with it was icy cold. We walked further on towards the beach and saw the Kebabs stand and would have prefered that but had to pass by as we were full. We noticed baked potato was available at 4.30pm and decided we would have that later. We got to the pier and found seats and spent a good 2 hours on there. We loved it with the lively atmosphere and great bar with ice cold beer and waiter service . They serve cocktails , Coffee and cookies fruit etc to. The beach was full and loads of people were swimming in the sea and this was 6th November and baking hot ! We were so glad we saw the hotel in full swing in the beautiful sunshine. We went for our baked potato with cheese and then went to find the Al a carte for that evening. It was near the Irish pub and we had a drink there before getting ready for dinner. The hotel does have the wow factor and even the toilets are stunning and all different styles and decor and everywhere is spotlessly clean,
We got ready and could not wait to try the Greek restaurant. We loved the oppulence of the huge Restaurant and it was pretty full at 8pm. We were served by a really friendly guy and service was good but not rushed.Some of the food was not really to my liking and not what we expected but would be absolutely fine if you are more adventurous with food. Food was beautifully served on nice tableware.The lamb shank was good and dessert. House wine was nice and topped up as required. We left impressed with the service and ambience.
We then went to the lobby bar and as big as the hotel is with vast seating areas it was pretty full. There was a band on later and quite alot of guests up dancing. Service was not so good were we were sat but other than this one occasion service was very good. We decided to go to the Irish bar and it was good for those liking football with one side abit like a sports bar. There was food laid out in there and I believe is available during the night. We popped in the Disco which is close by and looked like it would be a great in high season.
We went to the room and settled for the night !
Next day was glorious again and we went to have breakfast. The breakfast was similar to most hotels but the food area is huge and we felt overwhelmed but then found things like butter after wandering round for a while. We enjoyed our breakfast in one of the beautiful dining areas and service was good for hot drinks etc.
We went and saved sunbeds at the adult relax pool and my husband had a swim saying it was like a bath in there. We had already decided we wanted the kebab for lunch so off we went to have an hour on the pier before we had to vacate the room at midday.We checked out but then had the luggage with us and my laptop.
Our friend a barman at the Barut lara said his friend was a bar chief at the Imperial and wrote his name down for us. We never expected to find this guy and would have come away without trying but it became obvious some drinks carry a charge and I wanted to investigate this for us and some forum friends going next summer. The barman looked familiar and was from the Susesi and he confirmed some drinks had a charge. He spoke to another guy with a tie and he came back with the list of prices. I had previously shown the barman the name of the chief who we thought was just a person higher than a barman. We were told our bar chief will come to speak to you. He only turns out to be Head of Bars and Restaurants at the hotel.He was previously at the Barut Lara in 2005. He said he would look after us during our stay but I explained we were going back to the Barut lara. He sent a waiter off to get us beach bags and T shirts and caps each. We had a chat and I said we had only come for one night to sample the hotel before we stay next year for 2 weeks. I asked about the drink charges and he explained until the 1st November most drink except special wines and Champagne were included in summer.Problem solved ! In May we will be on summer concept. The choice was still excellent in winter !
We went to the sunbeds and had a couple of hours there. I went for the kebabs which were yummy and we had a beer. It was awkward having the luggage with us but for this we could have happily stayed all day. We decided to head home to the Barut lara happy in the knowledge that we would be having 2 weeks at this stunning hotel next May. We only heard one English voice there but TC do not have this hotel in winter.
I think we are in for a treat !!

Room Tip: We had a suite for our one night but next year could only have standard room but feel sure it will b...
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I feel compelled to write a review for this wonderful hotel. Having stayed in some amazing hotels, throughout the world, I believe that this ranks amongst the best and deserves an assessment.
My husband and I have just returned home from a glorious two weeks holiday in The Delphin Imperial Hotel.
During our stay in its sister hotel, The Delphin Palace, in May, this year, we were able to take a tour around this beautiful hotel, where our appetites were whetted. We arrived, therefore, with great expectations and were not disappointed:
The interior is awe-inspiring (why use one amazing ornament when you can find places for three!) With chandeliers and spectacular features at every turn- It’s worth a visit to this hotel just to see the lavatories.
The grounds, while the planting still has a little maturing to do, are pristinely kept, with four outdoor pools, including a children’s pool, with play area for toddlers and one, heated and containing a Jacuzzi. The waitresses, on roller skates, around these areas, are an amazing sight and must cover many miles.
The pier, at the end of the beach, where we were affably attended by ‘Elvis ’and with it’s bar and plentiful seating, is a welcome retreat at the end of the day and catches the last of the sun’s rays. Although we travelled without children, I couldn’t resist a look around the play areas, where every child’s whim seems to have been catered for.

The dining areas are smartly dressed whilst the choice of food is endless, beautifully presented and with something to suit most tastes.
The service was impeccable and we found all the staff to be helpful and courteous, but would like to mention the lovely, smiling, pool man (unfortunately I do not have his name) who looked after us and cleaned our sunglasses daily! Also, Santiago, from the Aqua Bar, so efficient and friendly’
Our particular thanks, however, go to the staff in the a la carte restaurants.
To Carlos, Allaha and Asin for their cheerful, efficiency and primarily to Davut Turken, the head of the a la carte restaurants, who made us, and the rest of his guests, I’m sure, feel like royalty.
The word ‘Wow’ is insufficient to sum up this hotel…We will be back!

Room Tip: All rooms have shower facilities but baths are also available on the 7th floor.
Surrey, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband, younger son aged 14 and I stayed at the Imperial for 7 nights from 21-28 October having booked our flights and accommodation through Travel Republic. This was our eleventh visit to Turkey. Previously we have been guests at the Paloma Pasha Hotel in Ozdere, the Gural Premier Hotel in Tekirova, the Susesi de Luxe, the Gloria Golf and the Rixos Premium Hotels in Belek, the WOW Topkapi and at Lykia World in Olu Deniz amongst others. We have also been fortunate enough to travel to a number of AI resorts in the Caribbean and other destinations worldwide and rank the Delphin Imperial highly among the other hotels at which we have been privileged to stay.

Unfortunately for us the unseasonably hot weather of the previous weeks took a decided turn for the worse the day we travelled and it was raining and a little chilly when we landed in Antalya. As a consequence our first impressions of the Delphin Imperial when we arrived mid afternoon were not favourable as the lobby area was very busy and the check in desk was chaotic. I appreciate that the poor weather had forced guests inside but, nevertheless, I was somewhat dismayed at the crowds which remained, for me, an over-riding feature of this hotel.

The relatively small plot size of the Delphin Imperial in relation to overall guest capacity does not compare favourably with other 5* hotels nearby or in Belek. It is therefore not a hotel I would contemplate visiting in high season for fear of over crowding but, as occupancy rates were very low when we stayed at the Susesi in Belek over the same dates in October 2010, I over-optimistically assumed that similar under occupancy levels would also apply in late season at the Imperial. I vastly under estimated the hotel's popularity, however, as the Imperial was fully booked throughout our stay.

The ostentatious decor of the hotel could be considered either swanky or tacky depending on your view point. Either way, the interior is indisputably showy and over the top but I confess that I found the elegant new fittings, extravagant chandelier, the superficial luxury of the furnishings and the opulent bathrooms and poolside loos to my liking.

We had booked an economy land view room but were nominally upgraded to a slightly larger standard room on floor 5 which was, aside from the road view, highly pleasing. We appreciated the vast shower cubicle and the reliability of good water pressure as well as the spaciousness of the accommodation and wardrobe capacity. The selection of in room toiletries is limited; do not expect to find little bottles of moisturiser or shampoo for example although there is body/hair wash on the wall in the shower cubicle.

The unsatisfactory a la carte restaurant booking system has been well reported in previous reviews so suffice it to say that, at great personal sacrifice, my husband set his alarm and joined the queues for the booking terminals around 8:15am and succeeded in securing much coveted reservations in both the Italian and the French restaurants. Despite allegedly being fully booked, neither of the a la cartes were fully occupied on the evenings that we dined there. Food and presentation was excellent in both restaurants but, sadly, let down by erratic waiter service.

The frustratingly unreliable hotel wifi service is better accessed in the hotel grounds or on the balcony than inside the hotel itself. Unfortunately one side effect of sustained poor weather during our stay was the onslaught in demand on the wifi network. Guests sheltering from the heavy storms congregated in the lobby bars and lounge areas clutching phones and iPads but access to the Imperial wi-fi network proved elusive on many occasions. Hopefully the hotel will resolve this issue soon as it is clearly a source of annoyance to many guests.

Of equal irritation was the repetitive, unremitting background music in the lobby, restaurant and lift to which guests are constantly subjected. A very limited selection of Richard Clayderman and Kenny G tracks play on a torturous, exasperating loop wherever you go. There is no escape! To be fair, I am sure that the poor weather magnified this otherwise minor issue as we spent more time inside the hotel than one might normally do on holiday. There was a pianist who played in the lobby during the early part of a couple of evenings but he was not there by the time we left the restaurant after dinner which was a disappointment. On other evenings there was also a female singer and band at the far end of the lobby singing Boney M remixes and other similarly awful songs. Maybe I am being a little harsh as I didn't hang around long but she didn't seem especially popular and I only saw one or two people dancing. Gala night was held outside by the main pool where a stage was set up during the day and seating placed around the pool; it got off to a slow start but later there was a magician and acrobatic dancers. Overall I felt the evening entertainment was lacking at the Imperial or perhaps we simply missed it due to poor promotion and poor weather.

Although I have focussed on some minor negative points, our experience overall at the Delphin Imperial was definitely favourable. The choice, availability and quality of food and drink is excellent. There are separate cocktail menus available at the lobby bar and Aqua Bar by the pool and an extensive selection of branded spirits are included. In addition to Efes and Mariachi, Becks beer is also available by the bottle and on draft. The waitress service around the pools and the comfortable padded sun loungers do add a touch of luxury to this hotel that is missing at some other hotels at which we have stayed.

Although I would wholeheartedly recommend the Delphin Imperial I would personally not stay here again as I found the hotel grounds, beach and communal areas too compact and crowded. In contrast, the Gloria Golf and Serenity hotels, the Rixos Premium and the Gural Premier hotel in Tekirova, occupy much wider beach front positions and therefore offer a more spacious and exclusive feel as they are not overlooked by neighbouring hotels. I recognise, however, that a sprawling hotel layout does not appeal to everyone as the accommodation and amenities are more spread out and walking distances are greater but we really missed the uncrowded, landscaped grounds and green open spaces of the other hotels we have stayed at in the area.

In summary the Imperial offers high quality accommodation, service, dining and branded drinks and a great choice of facilities for families with young children. The two sunny days that we did have at the end of our week allowed us to thoroughly enjoy the services of the Imperial at its best and, of course, once the sun came out we did not want to leave. I wish you a sunny and relaxing stay and a very happy holiday.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We had a 2 night stay here and I can say it was the highlight of our holiday.
I did not want to leave.
We had a junior suite on the 8th floor with full sea view.
The decor throughout the whole hotel was amazing, modern, quirky and had the WOW factor.
We ate at the Chinese A la Carte one night and it was the BEST meal we had in Turkey.
The staff are hardwoking, and they give excellent service.
The cleanest hotel I have ever seen.
We had a leather sofa on or balcony...sun all day.
The indoor pool with jacuzzi is heated, as is the Adult only relax pool.
The food in ALL areas was top of the range.
I do hope to return here. Perfect for us

Room Tip: Junior suite is special
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Delphin Imperial Hotel Lara? Share your experiences!