“Beautiful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 226 Hotels in Antalya
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

I stayed at the Royal Holiday Palace the last week in April. We were due to stay at the Royal Dragon and had booked to stay there based on Trip Advisor comments.
We were very annoyed when we found out Thomas Cook had bumped us off and we had to stay at the Royal Holiday Palace, especially as we were nervous the hotel wouldn't even be finished in time.
The hotel is stunning, very grand on arrival, the reception area is breathtaking and they have really put thought into every area of the hotel.
Our room was huge, we were in a suite which was lovely. Again massive and very clean.
Free mini-bar which I don't think you get in most places.
The staff are lovely and are very attentive. We went out of season so i would hope if the hotel was full they would have more staff as the place is huge!!
The food is amazing, we were there for a week and were spoilt for choice. It was a little disappointing that you can only eat in one a'la carte restaurant but i actually don't think that is that rare, most hotels i have stayed in have that policy. We ate in the Turkish restaurant and it was amazing!
I would recommend this hotel to anyone, the facilities are superb and i hope the hotel manages to keep its brand new feel. The whole place was immaculate and i hope to go back again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Southend
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

This hotel is almost out of this world, The staff were very kind and friendly, but I felt personally that the food was not catered for the the British. I actually lost 4 Ibs.....I thought the vast majority of guests were German and Russians and not the politest of people...........The pools were not heated, so not many people in swimming. The entertainment people were very kind and friendly and made a effort to come and speak with us regularly. We paid extra and had a balcony room but it was never in the sun as it was in the recess part of the hotel and the furniture on the balcony was quite uncomfortable and basic. The worst part of the holiday was the flight home, we were taken to the Airport a good hour before the check in desk opened and we were shunted to different gates. We eventually climbed in the sardine can (Plane) and spent a really uncomfortable four and a half flight home............I actually had seven and a half inches leg room and would NEVER fly Thomas Cook airlines again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
barnsley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

Well a brilliant start to another stone group hotel.the food is great the drinks good,nice rooms,nice grounds,very little to grumble about on this holiday.This hotel is spectacular.The only grouse we have had is that the hotel management refused to put on the air conditioning,they stated it was too cold.Well one day it was 36 degrees it made the rooms very hot and uncomfortable and many others voiced their concerns but they would not give in.I have stayed in other stone group hotels who had air con running last April.

Room Tip: Usually Thomas cook buy the cheapest rooms
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

Hotel
First impression it is huge and absolutely stunning. When you first go through the revolving door you are greeted with Champagne and turkish delight. Check in was a little slow and our room was not not quite ready -however it allowed us to finish our Champers and walk around the lobby. As has already been said marble floors everywhere, many sitees and chairs of all shapes and styles, plush carpets, chandaliers and huge works of art everywhere you look.
Once our room was ready we were given a little book that holds your room key and towel cards along with information regarding the hotel ( a lovely touch as in other hotels you get a plain A4 sheet of paper).
Cases were taken to the room for you.

Rooms
Very spacious and decorated to a high standard. Hangers for you clothes, but possibly not enough drawer space (i would possibly take a few extra hangers from home). The kettle was a great touch. The Nescafe sachets of coffee, tea and carnation powdered milk are replaced each day. The mini fridge is replenished each day. Small bottles of water are replaced each day, but I normally took a large bottle of water from the restaurant. There is not enough english speaking channels on the tv - BBC World and CNN news. The Germans and Dutch have a lot more choice.

Swimming Pool
Dont put your towels out on the loungers before 9am unless you are going to sit on them. The poor girl from guest relations has to go round and remove them and put a big sticker on your beds telling you off.
The Snack Bars are beside the main Swimming Pool. As already mentioned they open at different times. The sandwich section was fab and really fresh - rolls filled with salad and salmon, ham or cheese. There is also a Toasted Sandwich, Baked Potato, Pizza, Doner, Dessert, Ice cream and a coffee and cake corner.
The bar service basically anything you could want - Beer, Cava, Wine, Spirits, Cocktails and every possible soft drink you could think of. Round the pool drinks are served in polystyrene cups of varying sizes. However I still dont understand people that bring drinks served in glass tumblers to the pool area!!!!
Plenty of beds and lots of activities for you to participate in if you want to.
The Pier opened the second week i was there. There are loungers and a Bar.

Restaurants
The Turquoise snack Restuarant is beside the beach. This is waiter served. The menu is set menu with several choices for starter, main and dessert.
The Main Restuarant has lots of choice. This hotel probably has the best choice of appetisers i have ever seen. One night there was several large ice sculptures round the buffet area. You will not be dissapointed.

Ala Carte Restuarants
You can only go to one each week. You can book the restuarant the day before at Guest Relations from 10am. We went to the Hashi Far East. It was fabulous. It is a shame that you can only go to one. Most hotels we have been to you can try all the ala Carte Restuarants.

Sports
There is a bar in the lobby that shows sports - high backed chairs surround the sunken bar. Tennis Court you have to book at guest relations the day before. You can hire rackets and balls - i dont know if there is a charge for hiring equipment as we took out own. Table tennis table beside the main pool. My brother informs me that the Gym was good ( not my idea of fun).
There is a Games Area where you can 10 pin bowl etc - far too noisy for me i walked in and walked back out.

Funfair
The funfair was excellent, Big Wheel, Pirate Ship, Dogems etc. I will upload photos.

Celebrations
My mums birthday fell while we were on holiday. At Guest Relations you can order a cake or flowers. We ordered a cake that cost 15 euros. It was delivered to our room with plates, napkins and silverware. The Hotel had written a letter with congratulations on the birthday. Its a shame as in the Royal Wings they had a three tier cake stand with fruit, chocolates etc free of charge sent to the room.

Bars
I found in general the barmen and waiters (Male) very friendly and attentive. On the other hand, found the waitresses bascially ignored you (I must point out not all of them). It was easier to go to the bar and get the drinks yourself. Like in other reviews there is not enough staff and this may account for a little of the problems.

Spa
Way overpriced

Hairdressers
Brother got a haircut and shave £20 . Mum got pedicure £20. We found out that we could have got the same for half the price outside the hotel.

Guest Relations
I found the staff at Guest Relations very helpful. I had no problem being understood - although i did speak a little slower
You will enjoy your holiday - we did

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

The rooms are big and spacious, hotel is magnificent.. i travelled with wife and two young kids this is definately a family place. excellent food and excellent decor..
only bad points are wifi is not currently available everywhere and all staff are very nice but english is not really understood by many.....

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

My husband and I were offered to transfer to the Royal Holiday Palace on our 5th day at the Royal Wings Hotel . It was my second stay at the Royal Wings and my husband's first, he was a bit reluctant to transfer to Royal Holiday Palace as he loved everything about the Royal Wings Hotel. I knew we would experience a few teething problems but thought it would be nice to try a different hotel.

The hotel is beautiful very classy, to fault the design/appearance of the hotel would be very unfair an unnecessary moan. However, there are lots of snaggings work to be carried out, as mention in other reviews the grout around tiles, paste on the wall paper, but I am sure the Royal Holiday Palace will follow it sister hotels and eventually reach the Stone Group both standards and service. The staff are under a lot of pressure and understaffed for a hotel that was nearly full to capacity.

The service for drinks was very slow and at times we had to get up and go to the bar ourselves as we had waited so long and would see the waiter who was suppose to be getting our drink serving other guest or clearing up after 30mins or more later, with no intentions of bringing the drinks we ordered. I think this was due to pressure and not deliberate. The main restuarant at breakfast was unbelievable tables were covered in used plates, cups and crockery as they just did not have the manpower to deal with the clearing of tables, with this you would see maybe one member of staff and about 20 tables or more needing to be cleared. With the guilt of overworking that member of staff we would go and get our own cutlery, napkins and drinks. The staff worked very had and the pressure of serving guest showed quite clearly, even though they were pleasant enough. The obvious reason is that more staff need to be employed to improve the service.

Rooms
The rooms were lovely, and cleaned everyday. Our view was the sea at a distance and the hotel next door which the grounds seemed very bare compared to Royal Holiday Palace. I was happy to see a kettle in the room, but coffee mate is not my idea of milk. I overcame this by asking for milk at the main restuarant, they were more than happy to give me a litre of milk to put in my fridge.

One service missing was that cups used from the rooms coffee/tea station were not replaced with clean cups, I think you were expected to wash them in your bathroom sink.

Entertainment
This is very limited and the choice needs to be expanded. We sneaked back to the Royal Wings Hotel on our last day to participate in the sport activities which we enjoyed and were not available at Royal Holiday Palace.

The Entertainment Team at Royal Holiday Hotel are not as friendly and forthcoming as those at Royal Wings Hotel. This could be due to the hotel be newly opened. The evening shows i.e comedy were not to the standard that we are use to at home, but they are so poor that you laugh at how poor the jokes are rather than the content of the jokes itself, and believe me you laugh.

The funfair and waterpark on the grounds are fantastic with bumper cars for the kids. It is a haven for young kids.

On our last day we went to Spa area to change our clothes before being collected to fo to the airport and the floor in the corridor and changing rooms had puddles of water along the length of the floor and rising up the walls which were peeling, to the extent that we had to hold the length of our trousers up and jump over the water, walking nearest to the wall as possible. This is an issue that obviously will be resolved but do feel that the area should have been made out of bounds until the necessary work has been carried out.

The choice of food is great for both children and adults. It is fresh and certain foods are cooked at the time of serving. Desserts are to die for. Food is available 24 hours, even if you feel hungry at one or two in the morning you have a choice of hot & cold food in the Lobby area. Snacks are always available and around lunchtime there are additional food stations i.e pizza, sandwiches, kebab, ice cream, Turkish tent and there are still more.

Fridges in the rooms are topped up daily with beer, soft drinks and water.

Location
There is not much outside to do, but a bus can taken from outside to Antalya for shopping. If you are looking to go to the mud baths, Pammukle etc your trip will include overnight stay at another hotel due to the distance.

Conclusion
Would I go back to the Royal Holiday Palace? Even though the hotel is very plush the answer is no for me, but I would recommend it but explain the different with there and it's sister hotel.

Once all issues have been settled, the hotel will be one that many guest will return to but not me, Royal Wings has our hearts and we will be returning there next year without a doubt. I feel The Royal Holiday is a 5* which is stiff, and the Royal Wings is 5* which is more relaxed. In my opinion it really depends what an individual likes on holiday.

I hope I have not been bias in my review and been fair.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Royal Holiday Palace? Share your experiences!