“COULD BE SO MUCH BETTER...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Antalya

You added Ramada Plaza Antalya to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Antalya
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Genclik Mah. Fevzi Cakmak Cad. No:22 Genclik, Muratpasa, Antalya 07100, Turkey   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Save 15%, Book in Advance
Ranked #32 of 226 Hotels in Antalya
Istanbul, Turkey
“COULD BE SO MUCH BETTER...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The service is not that of a 5-star hotel. Building and grounds decent, but nothing extraordinary. The most helpful people were the bellmen.

We arrived well before check-in time and following a brief but tense conversation with reception about our "lost" reservation, we were taken to our room. The room was modern, comfortable and well kept with a beautiful veranda that had a sea view. The mega king sized bed was divine. However, the shower leaked profusely to the point where we almost flooded the entire room. The mini bar was not working and was even hot. Minibar prices were outrageous.

The highlight of our day was coming back to the room to find a buffet of fresh fruit, nuts and a half-bottle of good quality Turkish wine. We still have no idea why we were offered this complimentary gift, but it was very welcome. (I even called reception to make sure it wasn't delivered to the wrong room.)

And now to the worst part. The pool and the beach. While the location is great and the water is heavenly, it is WAY overcrowded once again service left a lot to be desired. We arrived around noon and were able to secure two lounge chairs but no umbrellas. We are fair-skinned and shade is a must. I looked around and saw only one person who seemed to be on duty -- and he was tending bar. I asked for help with finding an extra umbrella at which point I was told they were all taken. I reminded them this was a 5-star hotel, and that I wanted someone to bring us an extra one from storage. We waited and waited. The umbrella never arrived but luckily we got one when a another couple left. The multiple decks were packed like sardines with lounge chairs. Extremely uncomfortable. I realize you cannot prevent paying customers from using the beach, but in these cases hotel management can and should limit the number of locals who come to use their facilities. Management seemed to be much more interested in profits than the comfort of patrons who have traveled to be there.

It appears that the hotel is relying on its great location and the Ramada name above actual service and quality. Unless things change, we won't be going back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have visited this hotel for the first time in September 2012 for 3 weeks. In May 2013 I came back again and I´m still impressed by the hotels overall quality. The hotel is located very close to the center of Antalya on a rock with an exceptional view of the sea and the mountains. I have booked Ultra All Inclusive (UAI) as always.
The hotel is very clean, the rooms are clean and spacious, the food is rich and of good quality. The staff is very friendly, warm-hearted and they do their upmost to comfort you. Even at my second visit they all have recognized me and have showed me the same appreciation and respect. Especially, Gizem and Natalia from "Customer Relations" do a great job and make yourself at home. A great "thanks" to everyone!! Every time when I will visit Antalya the Ramada Plaza surely will be the right place to stay.

Room Tip: So gut wie alle Zimmer haben Balkon mit seitlichem Meerblick. Keine Präferenzen.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Valletta, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We just came back from a wonderful week at the Ramada..it's a lovely hotel..very nice room.it's was worth it to book as All Inclusive as you have excess to bfast lunch dinner and midnight buffet..drinks free from bar and even from mini bar...it's near the city center can go by walk.we were on honeymoon it was nice quite and romantic as a hotel..what I would just recomand maybe some more tv stations in English and maybe some entertainment in d hotel as there's nothing to do after dinner..very clean hotel and as food was ok at times but for mediterreanean people as for bfast not what we usual eat.

Room Tip: we had a beautiful room on the 11th floor deluxe double sea view its was on the side of the hotel bu...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I had booked an overnight stay, pending early morning departure from Antalya after a wonderful ten days in Kas. Booked a room via an on line booking agency (Hotels near airports). Booked a non smoking room, King bed and sea view.
I got small room, smoking and two small beds. On departure, I was informed the agency had not paid the hotel, had to pay again, very unhelpful concierge clear, I am still trying to resolve this, my emails to the hotel have gone unanswered.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
milton keynes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

stayed here for a week with my girlfriend in june and it was amazing. ultra all inclusive was good and you even got room service and access to the mini bar. The room was very clean with a huge bathroom.

Food was very good and had lots of variety I have been to resorts were the same thing came out every day but this changed every day. There was also a midnight buffet.

The location is fantastic close to the city centre and you can jump on bus KL08 which will take you to lara beach. I would definitely stay again and would recommend this hotel for couples.

only bad thing is we upgraded to a sea view room but it was a side sea view room so could barely see the the sea.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I been there last week in this hotel , very good hotel very good food many choices great room the location is perfect 10 minute walk from the city center ,the personal are great they Will do anything to please you, the pool is little small
The hotel it's ok for children's but not perfect

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Excellent hotel
We were in this hotel last week many type and excellent food , beautiful rooms and spacious with all accessories
Nice pool is not as big as clubs, amazing sea
Great personals and service
its ok for child but not exelent for them

Room Tip: Floor 10 and 11 are recomended
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Plaza Antalya? Share your experiences!