“Excellent Hotel; a tad shabby on service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Antalya

You added Ramada Plaza Antalya to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Antalya
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Genclik Mah. Fevzi Cakmak Cad. No:22 Genclik, Muratpasa, Antalya 07100, Turkey   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Save 15%, Book in Advance
Ranked #33 of 226 Hotels in Antalya
delhi
“Excellent Hotel; a tad shabby on service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed at the Ramada Plaza Antalya from 2nd to 6th July. Must say that the hotel is an absolute delight. Close to the Antalya old city, tramway and the main street, old approachable on foot this hotel is perfectly located for tourists. We stayed on Bed and Breakfast basis and liked the buffet spread.
While making a reservation there were some inhibitions based on reviews I read on Tripadvisor that the hotel did not honour guest reservations and were trying to accommodate people in a nearby hotel. Luckily for us, nothing of this sort happened and we were promptly checked in and escorted to our room. Hotel had lots to offer in terms of recreation for instance 2 swimming pools, gymnasium, steam-sauna, jacuzzi and a wonderfully soothing hamam.
There were just a few negatives such as poor internet connectivity, no night life within the hotel. Will I recommend it to someone, for sure yes.

Room Tip: Choose a room on higher floors with sea view
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Roskilde
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

The surface may be 5-star but beneath the surface there is something wrong. It is not up to me to make theories about what it is. The readers may reflect for themselves.
I sense a great deal of cost optimization going on at that place. I also think of it as a conference hotel that makes an extra income on tourists. If not done smoothly these 2 concepts may clash.

The readers of this review must know that I assume the role of a charter tourist when writing this. I booked a 1 week stay with my family ( wife and 2 sons aged 21 and 18).
If I had travelled in a work related scenario my review may have been slightly different.

Hotel:
Fancy,. Lots of glass, steel and marble.
Good food and very nice rooms.

Staff:
English skills very poor, causing a lot of miscommunication and misunderstandings.
Language barriers would not have mattered if smiles and gestures could come into play, but they didn’t.
The staff was polite in a strangely sad, reserved and unhappy way…

Bar, nightlife, entertainment:
None – except for the pianist in the lobby. If you like sad melancholic songs with your drink, it would be great for you.
However we got fed up with “Für Elise” (Beethoven) and “She” (Charles Aznavour) pretty fast.
I had expected a bit more but I may be too young for this place (48)

Concept:
We had All inclusive but be aware that it closes at 12.00 sharp at checkout time. We were caught on surprise at that last day when we waited for our shuttle bus to arrive at 14.40. This is very different from all the other all inclusive concepts that we have visited previously.

Did we feel welcome?:
Not really! - At some point during the stay we were sorted into 2 groups (conference guests and tourists). The tourist was asked to use the indoor restaurant at all times while the conference guests could use the terrace. Guest relations claimed that they had to split the groups because some tourists had complained. However that explanation is just storytelling because we were notified about the change prior to the arrival of the conference guests. Since we came to enjoy the sun we approached guest relations to have this setup changed. It caused a couple of small incidents with the waiters until everything was settled. The following day everything was back to “normal”.

At checkout we waited quite long not knowing why. Then we realized that a person was sent to our rooms to check if we had taken anything from the minibar that we were not supposed to. What an odd feeling this was! Normally when I check out from hotels I answer “no” to having taken anything, or I hand over the note stating what I have taken.

Can I recommend this hotel?:
As tourist - Absolutely not!
Had I been there for 2-3days on business I would probably find it OK (but not greatly different from any other conference hotel)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this wonderfull hotel for 2 weeks, from 24/6-8/7 2012.
Quick check in, good service at the reception desk,and they gave us a perfect room at 10th floor with a beautifull view.
The food in the restaurants were great, not repeatitive as we are used to in other hotels, everything was fresh and high quality. But what a shame...the service in the restaurants could not match the high standard anywere else at this hotel. They could learn a lot from the Hilton hotels. In our second week we felt that they really tried to dó it better, and it helped a little when the inspector in the purple shirt came.
We went to the platform by the sea mostly everyday and it was wonderfull...lot of space, nice and clean. It was perfect for snorkling, absolutely the best we have tried in Turkey.
We had a beautifull holliday, and would like to come back

• Stayed June 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here for about a week in June and had a fantastic time. The property is cleaned and well kept and felt quite luxurious, the rooms are nice, the food is wonderful and the view is just gorgeous. We bought the all inclusive package, which is totally worth it in my opinion since it was only 33 euros per person (on top of the room rate) when we bought it.

The outdoor pool is beautiful and also a good size, and it has an amazing view since it overlooks the ocean. There is no beach on the property, but from the pool, you can walk down to the water and they have a jump off deck if you want to swim in the sea (they closed off a little portion of the sea where guests can swim in). The water could be rough though and there are quite a few large rocks around the swimming area. There is a floating deck a few feet off the jump off deck that guests can swim to and sun bathe on. There is also a huge indoor pool that is really nice too for those that prefers indoor swimming. And if you want to go to a sandy beach, you can easily reach it by public bus..the bus stop is just a short walk from the hotel and it is an easy 20-30 minute ride to the beach.

The hotel is also very closely located to the old town and pier so you can easily wander around and visit on foot.

In terms of food, the buffet has a decent selection of food and the taste and quality is better than the average hotel buffet.

Service wise, I thought they were just okay, a little below average in fact. I find the waiters to be rude and ignorant sometimes. There were a few times where we had to just help ourselves to drinks and utensils since it took forever for the wait staff to come around our table. And one of the bartender actually grumbled when we asked him for one too many mojitos (and complained in Turkish that we were asking for way too much - it was our 6th drink that day..he didn't know that one of our friends has been in Turkey for a while and speaks the language). In my opinion, if it is an all inclusive that it is our right to have as many food and drink that we want and the hotel staff should accommodate with a smile and good attitude.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Without any doubt this hotel is one ofthe best in Antalya, for sure if I've to come back to the city, I won't think twice to choose Ramada Plaza. Eveything was perfect, the room are big, spacious, confortable and very clean, the views are wonderful, the architucture and the decoration are great, the service is perfect, the food is various and extremely delicious. There's really nothing to complain about in this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms with the marina view are the best.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I was there in the first week of July with my family. The concierge of the hotel, cevdet karatepe, was very helpful and informative. His trip recommendations were very good. In the other hand, the welcoming of the hotel manager was not hospitable and the behavior was rude. When we first arrived we had our reservation for 2 rooms, one with 2 persons and the other with 3 persons through a website. They said the extra person was not paid for and you have to pay right now or you won't get your rooms and money can't be refunded. The way of managing the situation was very bad and rude.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I was there from 23 jun to 27 jun 2012 it wsa Wonderful stay, the hotel very cleaned and quit , marvels view, rooms beautiful and luxury the food very good really I enjoy stay in hotel the staff helpful and very cleaned they do any thing to make your stay comfortable special in reception and in restaurant you will be very happy in the disco because the tow helpful lady's there. The pool and the spa very beautiful the center city just far 10 minutes from hotel I enjoy there I advise all go to this hotel I want to thanks all staff there and I hope from management to keep this level for the hotel and improved it if they can best regard to all staff in Ramada plaza

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramada Plaza Antalya? Share your experiences!