Just came back from the Baia Lara Hotel.
Positives in my opinion
1) 15 Mins Transfer from Airport.
2) Brand new hotel so very Clean and tidy.
3) Rooms are excellent with fully working modern air conditioning.Big Tv, lots of english channels.
4) Rooms are equipped for Internet usuage if you bring your laptop, you need to bring your own netwok cable or place deposit ar reception to borrow one, wireless didnt work as you are to far away from these free wi fi areas.Alsohad to get a IT guy in the hotel room as it wasn't straight forward to get on line.
5) Food was great, you could eat nearly all day if you wanted and late buffet at around 11ish.Try the outdoor food places by the pools, there great
6)Plent of bars,But.............
7) swimming pools and Sea brilliant, so clean
8) The World cup matches could be watched outdoors on a massive screen by the bar and pool,
Negitives in my opinion.
1)This hotel dont have pint glasses, everything is served in half pints.
2)Tuborg is the only draught beer/Lager in the hotel.
3) Service is still hard during the day and terrible at night. not enough staff, no urgency,no smiles from them, and they prefer to serve non British first., I didnt hear many Please and Thank yous from from other hotel guests from other countries.
4)Unless you get up at 7 to 7.30 ish to put your towel down all the sun loungers get taken, a good few hundred of them,Im sure staff are paid to put these down for people who pay or put them down for there friend who are locals, This is very annoying because a lot never get used all day.
5)I knew the hotel shop was expensive but came out the Disco at 1pm, bought 2 x Twix and a cheap pack of biscuits, 6 euro Lol Robbery!!
6)Anything outside the Hotel is expensisve, they think as you stay in a 5* hotel you are loaded. A first shop I cam too wanted 54 Lira £25 for a bottle of Absoloute Vodka.
7)Was confused what currency to use, where ever you went outside the hotel they wanted something different, I took Lira, they wanted Euro or £, so you got conned on the exchange rate,
8)We went on a Lazy Day Crusie through our thomson Rep held in the Baia lara conference room on arrival, Be carfull they told us a 40 minute transfer to the boat, it took 2 hours on a coach to get to the boat,So 4 hours on the coach,so only 4.5 hours on a boat. it cost £40 each. A lazy Boat Cruise turned into a lazy Coach cruise Lol, It was nice on the boat though, free drinks for everyone , stopping at different places to swim, nice day out catching rays , shame about sitting on a coach for 4 hours.
PLEASE NOTE: EVERY ONE IS DIFFERENT, SOME PEOPLE LIKE TO SUNBATHE ALL DAY, SOME PEOPLE LIKE TO HAVE A READ OR HAVE SOME DRINKS AT LUCHTIME . FOR ME NOT ENOUGH STAFF AT THE BAR AREAS WAS VERY FRASTRATING AND TO HAVE A EMPTY GLASS HELD BEING IGNORED IS SERIOUS OFFENCE.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Baia Lara is located on the beautiful shore of the Mediterranean Sea in the Lara region. Baia Lara hotel stands out for its minimalism design and privileged high quality service…. After you saw Baia Lara, you will have only one wish on your mind – to stay in Antalya forever and to forget about the existence of rest of the world… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Baia Lara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baia Lara Hotel