“It ticked all the boxes and more” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Baia Lara

and 1 more site!
You added Hotel Baia Lara to your Saves list
Hotel Baia Lara
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Site Mevki Kemeralti Mah. Kundu Bolgesi Tesisler Cad. Kundu Turizm Yolu No:384 Lara, Muratpasa, Antalya, Turkey   |
Ranked #5 of 226 Hotels in Antalya
Woodford,Essex, England
“It ticked all the boxes and more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

My wife and I booked for a week in the beginning of December.I was pleasantly surprised how good this hotel was.The rooms were a really good size and had very modern decor.The mini bar was all included and always topped up and from what I can see is that they more or less cover anything you would want on a holiday.
The food was amazing and better than any all inclusive holiday selection and quality we have come across.They had whole salmons, sea bass , pizza station made to your spec,omlettes made to your spec etc.You could eat virtually 24 hours a day if you wanted.
The hotel had mainly German guests and they normally dont put up with any old nonsense.There were also various other nationalities.I played boccia with some of them every morning and afternoon which was a good laugh but not for them if they lost.The entertainment group were very good and kept you laughing.
There was a cinema with a great selection of films.One day we were in there and the audience were staring at a blank screen for a long while so I went and got the entertainment guy to come and sort it out.We were going to put our own film on but it would have been unsuitable for families.
The wine served with the meal was surprisingly good.The waiters would put it in a bucket with ice next to the table.The wine was locally produced Turkish wine.I have tried to get it in England but with no luck.
The spa area was lovely with heated pool, large jacuzzi, two huge saunas and one steam room.There was also a Hammas where you lie on wet slabs of marble.I couldnt see much point in it but some people loved it.I went in the sauna one day and there was a German lady with no clothes on .I tried very hard not to look.She gave me a bit of a dirty look and I wasnt sure if it was because she thought I was loooking or because I hadnt taken my trunks off.
The tennis courts were excellent and the outside pool was superb.It was hot enough to sunbathe on the beach.What we liked in December was that there were only about 200 guests when in season you have 2000 guests so maybe thats why you get such good service and attention.
If you get a chance visit some of the other hotels.If you turn up outside at just before 4.00pm someone comes out and gives you a guided tour.
You can get a bus into Antalya old town for about 70p (equivalent).One thing I liked about it was that you dont get people hassling you to buy things all the time.The economy in Turkey has boomed and their average standard of living is better than the UK.
The hotels including this are like Las Vegas hotels and its great you can book a very reasonable all inclusive.It would cost a fortune if you went bed and breakfast like in Dubai etc.
I would like to go to more other places but this would be a hard act to follow.
If you have to pay for your prescriptions in the UK then stock up here on tablets, antibiotics , inhalers etc as they are much cheaper and you can buy over the counter.
We would definately go back again.

Room Tip: It doesnt matter too much as back ones have view of snow capped mountains and front have sea view.Ou...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
West Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I was very impressed with the look and feel of the hotel from the outset. A large airy reception greeted us and staff were courteous, we were even given a free upgrade to a larger room. Our room 2105 was spacious, clean and very comfortable, bathroom was of high spec and power shower was incredible.
Food was plentiful and with lots of choice, both in the buffet and the lunchtime snack area. Pizza corner at lunchtimes is a must, freshly made with toppings of your choice.
Pool area is vast and well kept and considering we travelled mid November I was pleasently surprised that the poolside temperature reached 30 degrees most days but usually only between the hours of 11a.m. & 1p.m. After which it cools off and the sun sets very quickly.
Cem, Zafer and Mahmut (the entertainment team) are all supurbe and not pushy in the slightest. I must admit I don't usually join in but I played bocce and darts most days just because they didn't try and drag you up! Ironic!
Drink choice is also another upside to this hotel, many cocktails and also branded spirits. The sparkling wine is actually cider and my only wish is that they would have served me in a pint glass rather than a flute! :-)
If travelling at this time of year, you should be aware that some of the A la Carte restaurants are closed and the Air conditioning is switched off (First Choice do not tell you this).
Having travelled to many destinations far and wide, I can honestly say this is the best All Inclusive I have ever stayed in Europe. At last someone is following the Caribbean example.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheffield England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Very nice hotel with lovely pool areas and always plenty of sunbeds. The rooms were big and cleaned to a high standard. Food was great, always something you like. The speciality restaurants were a bit of a dissapointment, they were all in the same place so you didn't feel if you had been anywhere special, food was good though. The food shacks which served lunches were great and there was plenty of different foods to choose from. Drinks were very good but with there being so many of us some of the staff didn't like to serve us. Zelda was great though and always came to us straight away. It was lovely to sit on the pier for a drink at lunchtime too and the beach bar was also very good. All in all a good holiday was had by all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Just arrived back last Friday from 2 weeks in the sun and rates one of the best holidays I have had since we last took our children away , Food was good always found something to eat , rooms were clean , comfortable and spacious , our cleaner was first class', Everything you would need to relax was on hand for you to use , sauna , indoor heated pool, gym (for the fitness freak) hairdresser I could go on but I would r,commend you give it a try , it's well worth the money. Everything it says it has and more . Entertainment was good Cem and the team saw to that , especially during the day they provided games for anyone to join in , regardless where you were from , myself and my husband Steve joined in and enjoyed competing against each other , the weather was a bonus even in November it was 25 plus hot and sunny , drinks flowed well , It was a shame not more English were there ( which I have not experienced before , being outnumbered lol ) but we made the most of it and mixed with everyone . I would definitely love to go back next year and take my 11 year old grandson he would love it , especially the water slides , . The only one small thing I would like to see is to have drinks served around the pool as they were huge and you had a bit of a walk as the white bar was closed even though we had 95% occupancy surprIseley . Top hotel , .Cem and the team brilliant . Hope to see you in 2014 . Wharton Family

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Spalding
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Gorgeous modern, ultra clean and enough food and drink to please everyone. Attractive pools and outdoor bars and food areas. We spent lunchtimes at the outside food area which served spicey coated chicken, kebabs, rice, salad etc and even had a pizza oven where you could tell the chef what you wanted on it. There is a lovely sunbathing jetty with a bar and plenty of sunbeds on the beach.
Staff very friendly and helpful. We had a Turkish bath and massage in the spa which we paid for extra but it worked out the same price as an up market spa at home and was a real experience.
One day it was torrential rain with thunder and lightening and the back entrance flooded. The storm began the night before and the wind started whistling through our bedroom patio doors and there was nothing we could do to stop it for the rest of the holiday apart from asking to be moved which seemed extreme but it did wake us up!
The biggest problem for us was the isolation of the hotel as there is nothing really to see or do unless you travel a long way. We did take the local bus into Antalya and enjoyed the harbour and a bit of the old town but that was it unless you hired a car or went on the expensive excursions.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Hi just back from the Baia Lara again so hard to resist going Jem and the rest of the entertainment group make you feel so welcome they are so good at getting everybody to mix and have fun together food and drink top quality hard to find anything to complain about. Just one thing we had a late flight back home so we asked about keeping our room on as we were not getting picked up until midnight but they wanted 75 EUROS until ten o'clock i think that was very expensive considering the hotel was only about half full if it was not for that it would have got full marks

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Rostov-on-Don, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Where led to believe that there were 4 ala carte restaurants...Turns out these become available early April...we were there the last week of March...so we had no choice other than buffet style dining for every meal. We prefer to have choices. There was not pool side service yet either, even though the pool was surrounded by guests. They need to communicate more clearly that the hotel has reduced services during the "winter" months. The hotel was fully booked over the Easter Break and should have been at 100% service. Cleaning of the rooms was often very late in the day and not very complete. Dirty glasses, bottle caps, rotting fruit were not removed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Baia Lara? Share your experiences!