“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Baia Lara

You added Hotel Baia Lara to your Saves list
Hotel Baia Lara
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Site Mevki Kemeralti Mah. Kundu Bolgesi Tesisler Cad. Kundu Turizm Yolu No:384 Lara, Muratpasa, Antalya, Turkey   |
Ranked #5 of 226 Hotels in Antalya
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I have never really fancied Turkey but as our daughter and her family have stayed a number of time around the Antalya area we thought we,d give it a go. Some friends we met a couple of years ago in Sharm el Sheik recommended this hotel as they had stayed there last year so we bit the bullet and decided to go for 2 weeks arriving on 7th Sept. Like other traveller have commented we were disappointed not to get drinks in reception on arrival and I must say the staff on reception when we arrived were a bit abrupt. We were taken to our room 7010 which was really nice although at first I was a little disappointed it was overlooking he front of the hotel and not overlooking the pool which we had asked for. The facilities in the room were fantastic and you really don't need to take any toiletries with you at all as everything was provided even a razor and shaving foam. The girl that cleaned our room did a fantastic job and everything was replaced when we needed it to be. The Lobby bar, well I have to agree with other comments about the bar man with the spiky hair he was just very rude and arrogant and if you were male or female over 25 you had no chance getting served by him he just ignored you and served the young girls. Also two of the young women waiting on could have done with reaching how to smile the smaller one in particular. Good was fantastic and the drinks plentiful and of good quality. And the cocktails must be tried. The outside area was very impressive but I must say our favourite spot on on the Lower deck of the pier the breeze from the sea was wonderful and we even saw a huge turtle a few times. The holiday was quite expensive compared to what we would usually pay but I must say you get what you pay for. We met some lovely people and there was a really good mix of nationalities it's nice to go somewhere that the Russians have not taken over. I believe that next year the only British tour operator in the Baia Lara will be Thompsons not sure this is a good thing as I checked the price just over a week ago and it was £1390 each for two weeks in September when I looked yesterday it's gone up to over £1400 clearly Thompsons have the monoply not good for the holidaymaker try to get a good price. Would definitely love to go Again.

Room Tip: Some rooms didn't have a balcony. I would have been very disappointed to get one of these. Room...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cramlington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel from the 17th September 2013 for 1 week. This was the first time my husband and I have stayed in a fully inclusive hotel and from the standards of the Baia Lara it will not be the last in fact we have already booked for Lara Beach next year. Firstly the staff was brilliant and couldn’t do enough for you. The room we stayed in was with a sea view with a good sized balcony, good sized room, cleaned every day and mini bar restocked every day. The food was lovely and you also had 3 a la carte restaurants offering Turkish, Mexican and Italian the standard of the food and the service were excellent. You were also spoilt for choice for what to eat through the day whether you went to the main buffet or a selection of help yourself food huts beside pool or if you wanted to be waited on head to the White bar. Later on in the day if you headed out of the hotel to the beach onto a board walk there was a rowing boat with two chefs serving either fish or meat kebabs, delicious. Everything was immaculate the pools the areas round the pool, never had a problem getting a sunbed. There was an area on beach with sunbeds allocated to hotel and also a boardwalk to an elevated decking area over the sea. This had sun loungers, tables and chairs and also a bar in the middle, so relaxing. The entertainment team seemed brilliant doing different activities through the day. There were 2 bars outside which both had live entertainment on in the evening on different nights to each other. There were two bars inside. All the bars seemed to serve drinks until 12pm except the games room bar which was open 24 hours. We never had time to try the shows with just being there for 1 week. Gym and spa excellent but thought spa was quite expensive. Overall a fantastic holiday can't believe anybody can find any think negative to say about this hotel.

scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Just returned from this lovely hotel which we could not fault, bedrooms big and comfortable, excellent selection of food staff service also excellent, unfortunately we would not return to Lara beach area as there is not much to do outside of hotel, however would not hesitate recommending this hotel to other,s if its a nice relaxing time your after.

Kappara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

one of the best all inclusive resorts around. main restaurant provides ample variety every day. 6 additional restaurants are available. rooms are modern and fairly sized, customer service with a smile. pools are ginormous (7 of them). animation team is also fun

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed at the Baia Lara for a week in September and as usual read all the reviews before we booked .
If you can find a fault with this hotel then you are very hard to please. It was spotless , the room light airy and very clean. The food was excellent from main restaurant to the a la carte although I must reiterate one of the reviews on here that the service was not as good in the a la carte so we stayed in the main restaurant. There were theme nights and something to please everyone. The staff were all pleasant , good bar service , one thing the entertainment did not start till 10pm plus which is the norm and didnt bother us , this was in the ampitheatre outside or the bar near the beach. Nice bars around the complex. The pools and areas surrounding were spotless , plenty of sunloungers , we spent most days on the lovely decking over the sea with its own little bar and diving platfom . As for towels on beds there were the usual 7am brigade but if you cant beat them join them ! There is a little seperate pool for children and water slides and childrens entertainment club. You can walk both ways along the beach which is a blue flag beach. Theres not an awful lot round and about but as most of these hotels are five stars they all have everything you need in them, needless to say we are pricing up again for next year , everything was perfect and the weather a pleasant 30 degrees : )

Room Tip: We had 2208 2nd floor looking over the pools , it was a juliette balcony with patio doors.
Kezzakeane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

If I could I'd give this place 3 and a half stars....but I've been kind!
So, where to start! We travelled here from 20th Sep for 2 weeks. On arrival we were offered a change of rooms to what we had booked {2 double rooms} and we were shown to what I can only describe as a suite on floor 7 {room 7112}. After seeing this room and then the rooms we should've been in we opted for the suite! We had a Jacuzzi in our huge bathroom which included a shower you had to step up into! Our balcony was MASSIVE and stretched around the back and side of the hotel, very impressive. 2 large bedrooms and a separate area where the wardrobes/safe etc were - ASK FOR THIS ROOM!! The man on reception said they don't often give it out but as we were a family and it was our first trip to Antalya we could have it.
The hotel itself is very very clean and modern throughout including immaculate gardens/flowers etc and we always saw some kind of maintenance being done. The pools were all very nice although we tended to stay by the main pool, just down from the pool bar is a good spot as you are central to everything. The indoor pool/Jacuzzi/steam room and sauna are all lovely and I wish I'd gone there more. Didn't visit the gym but my brother in law did and he was very impressed. Went into the sea a few times and it was very warm - but personally I didn't like the little fish in there which were a little bit sharp when they suddenly pecked you!
The main issue for me throughout our stay was the food. It is interesting reading how much people praise it on here as I didn't feel it was that amazing. True enough you wont go hungry but to me everything tasted a bit 'samey'. They definitely cater more for the other foreign guests. Some nights I'd walk in the main dining room and almost feel a bit dis-heartened as you lifted up the silver lids and find yet another weird dish inside! We ate in the Italian twice - first time was fine, 2nd time there was a mistake with our table size and the staff were SO rude and were tutting and sighing and they made us feel VERY un-comfortable and also when we arrived the food was already sitting on the table which we feel is not very good! We ate in the Mexican once - I liked it but my family didn't as again the service was poor. I have to say for the main part the staff in the other food areas were all lovely and polite - look out for the Cesc Fabregas lookalike in the main dining room :-) The 'huts' by the pool were OK - pizza is definitely the best option - if you do use the huts please feed the lovely cats who live on the grass bank at the back by the toilets....so sweet! The White Bar was OK - I had a few disappointing meals there, a chicken baguette which was more like hunt the chicken in a hard bread roll, and a cheeseburger which was just tasteless. The fish and chips which most people had was okay but small. We had no issue with tables not being cleared etc which other people have mentioned - they seemed on the ball with this in fact!
Also....the Entertainment team did their best during the day but I never saw that many people get involved - I played Water Polo once, that was it - most days the poor girl would walk round the pool calling things out and no-one gave her the time of day! The evening entertainment needs urgent attention!!! We went to a few shows in the amphitheatre which lasted about 45 mins but then nothing else much goes on and people just sit around mainly in the lobby bar {no music}. They did have live music and the beach bar some nights but this was hit and miss in terms of quality and again it was very much lacking in atmosphere! They has to move a few shows {due to weather issues!} into the meeting hall inside and I feel this room is totally wasted otherwise - more needs to happen at night!!!!!!
The internet is free and reliable in the hotel but not really in outside areas.
We had mainly hot weather apart from a few iffy days before we came home which started with an amazing storm and then bought a few very windy days!
Not much outside the hotel unless you walk a long way. And the premium mall just over the road to the left is VERY expensive and has very odd brands anyway! Everywhere over there has prices in Euros which was a bit annoying but they are aiming more for the German tourists. Ask for the Lira price!
If you want to go to Antalya main town get the LC07 bus - you exit the hotel, cross the road and the bus stop is just slightly to the right. It costs 2 lira each way. Other buses go there but they take you the long way round which as we found out was not that great and very bumpy!

All in all we had a good holiday. I personally wouldn't return as the food was just not my scene - if you like olives, cheese, weird meats, veal, fish....then great!!

Room Tip: Don't be put off by the higher floors - they seem to have the better rooms! {and the lifts are q...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Borehamwood, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Myself and my partner have just come back from the Baia Lara after 10 days here.
It was a lovely, relaxing holiday - which was just what we were after. However, the evenings were slightly repetitive. The location of the hotel was quite poor, there are some shops a good 20 minutes walk away, but every single shop sells the same thing! It would of been nice to walk into a town with a bit of nightlife. But perfect location if you just want a relaxing, chilled out holiday in the sun.
The entertainment was not too bad, the Chinese Acrobats, Shadow Theatre and Dance Acts were very good.
My partner and I are both quite fussy eaters, although we found something to eat every night, it was also quite repetitive with similar dishes every evening even with the 'Themed Nights'. Lunchtime was probably the best food for us, as it was simple food and you could guarantee a decent meal every day. The waffles and ice cream with numerous toppings were a definite highlight.
The pools were very clean, along with the areas around them, never any litter or cups lying around. The toilets inside and out were amazingly clean.
The room was okay, our balcony looked out to the front of the hotel - not fantastic views, it would of been nice to have a sea/pool view. Although, we weren't too fussed. The room was cleaned daily with clean towels and the mini fridge was re-stocked daily too.
Overall we had a relaxing holiday - we would definitely recommend this hotel, I can't see how you would be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Baia Lara? Share your experiences!