“Ich bin ein Baia'ner” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Hotel Baia Lara to your Saves list
Booking.com Priceline.com
Hotel Baia Lara
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Site Mevki Kemeralti Mah. Kundu Bolgesi Tesisler Cad. Kundu Turizm Yolu No:384 Lara, Muratpasa, Antalya, Turkey   |
Ranked #3 of 229 hotels in Antalya
London
“Ich bin ein Baia'ner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Achtung. This hotel is wonderful. Stayed here from 14th to 28th of Sep and enjoyed every minute of it. About 50% of the guests are German but das ist gut. They don't take no sheissse which means you'll benefit from the standards that they command. Also they are pretty friendly and say guten morgen with a smile, unlike the Russians who thankfully only make up about 5% of the guests. 30% are Brits with the rest made up of mainly Belgian, Dutch and other Europeans.

The pools are beautiful. They are also huge. I expect you've seen the photos but they don't really prepare you for the scale of things. That bit that looks like an Olympic size pool I measured at about 57 metres and the free form pool it is attached to must be around 100 meters in length. The other long pool is of similar length and the adult only pool is about 30 meters long. They are also quite cold, but not after you've dipped your shoulders, which I thought was surprising at this time of year. There were also lots of sun loungers and shades and you really didn't need to get up early to find a place.

The beach is nice too, also with plenty of sunloungers and shades. The sea is warmer than the pools and the beach is nice and sandy.

The food is top notch for a Turkish AI. You cannot compare it with fine dining in London but it's definitely right up there for All Inclusive. Not only is there a different theme every night but there are also many choices within that theme, so you could easily have something different for every meal. It's all beautifully presented too. The food options around the pools are for lunch only but I have to tell you that the pizzas are the best I have ever tasted. The KFC style chicken is rather tasty too and so is the fish and chips, (even though it doesn't look like it's been cooked properly). The drinks are nice too.

The gym is pretty good with quality treadmills and cross trainers, a rowing machine and four bikes. There are loads of stacked weight machines but not much in terms of free weights. You should easily be able to keep things under control what with all that extra eating you are bound to be doing. The sauna's are very good and there is also a steam room and a couple of jacuzzi's that are all free to use.

The room was very nice, cleaned daily and the fridge topped up.

The staff were all lovely and we received a high standard of service throughout our stay.

The shows were fantastic with lots of circus performers and dancers which were professional acts brought in. The only shows provided by the animation team were competitions for the guests which I'll let you into a secret, you won't be embarrassed and the prizes are worth winning. There is also plenty of sport and films to watch either in your room or in the lush bar.

If I haven't mentioned anything it's because I didn't use the facility but from the outside looking in all seems well.

Ordinarily I would never go back to a hotel because it's a big world out there are there are lots of other nice places to visit but I can honestly see myself going back here, and that will be a first.

Finally, one other thing I'd like to mention. I do pretty well in comparison to most on getting "Helpful Votes" on Trip Advisor but the reality is that almost 9000 people have read my reviews and out of that lot, well you can see for yourself I've only received about 40 votes. So do me a favour and book yourself a holiday to Baia Lara Beach and give me a helpful vote Schnell, Schnell.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

1,090 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Turkish first
Elgin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We are just back from a 2 week holiday at this hotel and had a great time. We have stayed at Lara Beach before in 2010 at the Concorde De Luxe Hotel which is situated just along the strip from the Baia Lara and we had such a great time there that we did not think anything else would measure up - but the Baia Lara knocks spots of even the Concorde. There is just nothing to fault here, it is a truly beautiful hotel with lovely grounds and great staff.

The Rooms - we had a room on the 5th floor next to the lift which was nice. Initially I was disappointed that we did not have a view of the pools and beach but we did have a side sea view of the beach - we looked on the wasteland next to the hotel and the sea in front of this wasteland. In the end it did not really matter about the view as it was a pleasant and peaceful enough view and we spent very little time on the balcony as there is just so much to be doing in the hotel. The room was lovely, massive king size bed which was really comfy, couple of chairs, mini bar which was stocked daily with more than enough beers and soft drinks, free safe, tea and coffee facilities and a lovely well equipped bathroom with great powerful shower and tons of toiletries. I had taken my own but really didn't need to have bothered. The hairdryer is ok too, managed to dry my hair pretty quickly and I have very thick hair. More than enough hangers and hanging space for us as a couple. I had no issue with the room at all which was cleaned each day and fresh bedding and towels very regular. I had thought on day 2 of our holiday that the air conditiioning was not too great but I assumed that this was just as good as it got and so I was resigned to putting up with it, it was cool but not as cold as I would have liked. However, I mentioned it to the lovely man at Guest Relations and told him that it may just be me being fussy. He sent an engineer straight up to our room to investigate and there was indeed a problem because when we returned to our room later on, it was brilliantly cold and remained so for the rest of the holiday. If you think something is wrong, it is always worth checking out.

The Food - The food is hot, plentiful and varied. I can be a bit of a fussy person when it comes to food but there is absolutely no way you can fault the food on offer or the choices in this place. Having read previous reviews and heard some people complain about the food, I am quite astonished. There was a huge amount of local fare to try, different themed meals each night and if you just wanted plain food there was always rice, chips, mash and a roast meat on offer. We didn't try any of the A La Carte Restaurants as the food choice in the buffet was huge enough but I heard only good things about these restaurants from other guests. The choice of desserts are great and it was a challenge choosing which ones to have each night. There is also ice cream on offer and the pancakes and waffles with ice cream at lunch were great. Lunch can be taken at the snack huts which offer everything imaginable (made to order pizzas especially nice) or you can have waiter service at the White Bar which is equally as nice, we did both. There is also sandwiches and cakes at the White Bar at 4pm and a barbecue at the boat on the beach at 5pm - we didn't try this but smelt lovely. If you tried all the options of food and drink you would be eating and drinking all day. Always a bar open 24 hours and the cocktail list is extensive and included in the all inclusive. The cocktails are lovely as is the refreshing slushy ice drinks through the day. There are even people coming round the hotel pool area and beach through the day offering sweetcorn, water melon or ice lollys/ice creams. The buffer restaurant can be a bit of a challenge later in the evening but this is no fault of the hotels - there are just some rude guests who do not understand the concept of queueing or being polite in such a lovely setting and they barge in and act very rude and ignorant. It is the same with their disrespect of the hotels dress guidelines. The hotel asks that people dress for the evening meal and do not wear shorts, flip flops or beach wear but sadly a lot of people are ignorant enough to ignore this request and come to dinner as though they have just left the beach. I think the hotel should try to reinforce this as it is requested and is made clear in all the holiday litereature. If you want to visit somewhere that allows this sort of sloppy dress code, then do not book the Baia Lara...I'm shamed to say a lot of the people breaching this request were British.

The Pools/Beach - Pool and beach areas are lovely. We tended to stay at the pool area under the sheltered awning next to the White Bar. This was a really peaceful spot and the pool area beside us was usually practically empty so often we had it to ourselves for bobbing about on the lilo. There are loads of pool spaces and beach spaces too. There was never a problem with getting a sunbed and for people who have said that this was an issue - they are either blind or were not at the same hotel at the same time I was. We were there from 11th September for 2 weeks and did not get up early. We went down to the pool about 11am each morning and there were always loads of choices of sunbed, either in the shade or the sun, never busy at all. People who have stated otherwise are either lying or wanted a particular sunbed and were too ignorant to look elsewhere. The sunloungers are well spread out and comfortable although some are better than others so I think the hotel must be in the process of renewing them and the new thicker ones are lovely. Hopefully they will all be upgraded to these thicker ones. There is a towel stall for fresh towels open from 8am - 6pm which is also a nice touch. The nicest thing about this hotel is the feeling of open space, Even though the hotel was almost full from what I understand, there was never a feeling of being crowded through the day, always loads of room around you and in the pool without people encroaching on you although there will always be those few families who are so loud that they have to let you know they are there...we just ignored them though. I do wish people would realise however, that not everyone around the pool wants to hear their private conversations.

Entertainment Team - What can I say?? You will never be able to find a hotel or an entertainment team that appeals to absolutely everybody because like different things from their holidays but these guys really had it spot on I think. They were a group of lads who were friendly, funny and if you wanted to join in with the activities then they would encourage you and include you and if you wanted to be left alone, they would leave you alone. I did not indulge in the activities but my partner Greg, who loves darts, played daily with Cem from the Entertainment team and had a great time and met some lovely people. Cem is a real credit to the team and to the hotel as he has the knack of getting people to join in and he is extremely funny without being obnoxious or rude. He was great with all the guests, elder guests and the kids likewise. The same goes for the rest of the team including Mustapha, always full of humour. I think they do a great job and for people that complain about the entertainment you have to realise that you will never find entertainment which will appeal to all people. This hotel does its best and I think it was great, I was thoroughly entertained each night by the shows, all professional and all entertaining in their own way. These were followed by a bank in the bar near the beach which we went to sometime and not others, sometime we just sat in the White Bar as this was our favourite bar and we loved sitting on the comfy chairs and chatting. One night they put a concert up on the big screen at the pool and also showed football so varied things going on and there is also a cinema screening shown each night. We even got talked into participating in a guest show one night - by Cem (I hate you Cem) which was really embarrassing but still good fun and a memory to take home. And I don't hate Cem - he's a diamond!

Guest Relations and Staff - The staff at this hotel are friendly, attentive, and will do all they can for you. I was anxious about not getting a late check out from our room as we had a night flight and I really wanted to be able to have a sleep and a shower before we went. You cannot find out until the morning of your departure which I think the hotel should look at changing as it will give some peace of mind to know you have the late check out. We did however get the late check out for which I was very grateful, it cost 50 Euro and was well worth it. The Spa does offer facilities for showering and changing if you do not get a late check out though so this would have had to suffice. We did not use the Spa facilities but had a look round and it was indeed beautiful, maybe next time.

There are many other things to do at this hotel which I cannot comment on as we did not use them such as the disco which is open from midnight till 2am I think. There is a bowling alley and games room with pool tables etc. There is loads for kids, a kids club, water slides etc. There is a library and cafe on the 3rd floor and there are beach huts for hire on the beach at 25 Euro a day where you get waited on all day and have use of the private hut. We were going to do this but didn't get round to it. There is also a lovely pier on the beach and water sports.

There is loads to do at this hotel and we are looking to return in September 2013 as can't think if anywhere better to go. One tip - do not take travellers cheques as we did and could not get them cashed as the hotel, banks or Thomson will not cash them. In the end the rep from Thomas Cook managed to cash enough of them for us to be going along with so our thanks go to Holly. Take Euro or Lira as this is what is used, everything is priced in Euros. In short - do not believe the bad reviews on here, this is a great hotel and highly recommed you go.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
united kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here at the begining of September for 2 weeks. Short transfer (20 mins) from the airport. Arrived at the hotel and was greeted at the reception, no sign of our Thompson rep, even though it was only 2pm in the afternoon. Escorted to our room on the first floor. Room was quite spacious with a large balcony, not cleaned well every day! Complimentary shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, cotton buds and shower caps topped daily, so u dont need to take any with you, these are topped up daily. Bath robe and slippers and clean towels. Hairdryer in the bathroom but too ages as its not very powerful.
Didn't have to get up early for sunbeds, always plenty available. The adult pool is a very calm place to relax, sunbathe and swim. No need to take beach towels, as these are supplied daily by trading in your towel cards that are provided durin check in.
Got quite fed up with the same meals every day. Even though its a different menu every 7 days its still badically the same every day, food was luke warm and not hot (microwave is provided to heat your meals!!) went a la carte a couple of times, and had the best food and service throught out our holiday. Amazing desserts, too much to choose from but u have no idea what you have chosen untill u are sat diwn and eating them!!!Staff are very friendly, and nothing is too much trouble. A special mention to the lad on the ice cream stand, always smilling and joking.
Outside the hotel there is not much to do, a few shops (which are not cheap and goods look fake). There is also an Ampitheatre, some nights are good especially the moscow circus and acrobats. Id give the salsa and competion of baia a miss, a lot of people walked out including us!! Entertainment is ok but nothing special, u could hear other hotels having a fun time with amazing fireworks (nothing at the baia).
All inclusive drinks do include branded bames, but make sure u ask for them!!
Overall, had a fantastic holiday at this hotel, but a week would be enough with the location and food!!
I would also recommend taking mosqitio spray!!
If u have a late flight home, there's no need to pay 50euro to keep youre room untill 6pm. You have access to the Spa lockers and showers, but remember to take a clean beach towel and your shampoo, and there u have saved 50euros!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I've never writen a review on here but i always read them before booking a holiday, so i hope this helps others,
We've just come back from a weeks holiday in early September, we've been to LaraBeach before and stayed in the Delphin Diva hotel in May which i have to say was 10x better than BaiaLara hotel.

The good points;
we had a double room no balcony but with land/sea view (with cot bed for our 10 month old son) his bed was excellent- good mattress( with covers if needed.)
Our bed was huge, shower was lovely and so many toiletries would keep you going for a month,
by the pool the sunloungers all had new cushions and there were always plenty available, pools were kept clean.

now for the bad-
some the staffs attitude could do with being sorted out- we asked one guy in the evening restaurant for a high chair and he just said no and walked away!
we found after talking to others in the hotel that IF you could find a high chair chances were it was broken or had no straps (one highchair the back had fallen off)
this was one of our biggest issues but in the end just fed him in his buggy,
The food was luke warm at best, (Breakfast was good though lots of options), but lunch and dinner were not so great, they did different styles of food each night but mostly consisted of the same thing- salad bar- meats/fish and pasta.
The bed as i said was huge which was great but the bedding was too small so when you have the aircon on it was too cold (and too hot without it on)
the house keeping was basic- only on the last day did they move anything to clean the bathroom and tabletops.

I have to say it wasn't all bad, some staff were lovely and even checked up on our son after he fell ill with a cold, and offered a doctor if we needed one, the hotel was kept clean and lots of drinks (even branded alcohol)
but all in all i'd prefer the other hotels near by if you want an amazing holiday BaiaLara was ok but no where near as good as some others.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

On arrival it looked and fealt like we were back in airport lounge, however the staff soon put pay to that, they were courteous and helpful. Our room overlooked a network of swimming pools, walkways, bars and patchwork gardens all leading to the beach. At night it was all lit up beautifully. The room itself was carpeted, comfortable and nicely finished. The minibar with a good selection of drinks all of which were replenished on daily basis as part of the all inclusive package, maid service every day. The food was very good with plenty of variety to suit all tastes. The numerous pools were excellent from family pools and slides to lane swimming and an adult pool. There were plenty of sunbeds around although there was the usual captors of the best beds armed with towels at 6am ready to mark their spot. The entertainment was excellent except for the Brazilian samba night which was absolute rubbish, crude and tasteless with at least 30% of people leaving within the first 15 minutes. The beach was lovely with a pier belonging to the hotel with sunbeds, drinks and ladders into the warm sea. There are lots of sunbeds on the beach but no walkways to them unless you walk across the sand, this is difficult because of the heat of the sand even with flip flops on. Swimming or relaxing in the sea was great until the para sending, banana boats and jet skiing starts around 10am when the tranquil sound and millpond like sea turns into a crescendo of loud music and engines and a very choppy sea. This however is along the entire stretch of beach and is not just this hotel. There are motorised watersports about every 200m. There were several nationalities half of which were german although everybody seemed to get on ok this was possibly becuse most of the guests were middle aged. Overall I would recommend this hotel to all including the disabled where tables are reserved with extra room and even sunbeds on the beach have reserved spots of the walkway.

• Stayed September 2012
seaham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

this holiday was a family holiday for myself husband and our two children aged 9 and 6. the hotel is out of this world every effort was made to ensure our holiday was perfect. the food was varied and fresh at every service. our room was large and spacious with great views of the sea and pool area the only down side of our room was we didnt have a balcony only a french patio that you could look out over the views but couldnt sit out i would have liked to sit out but to be honest we spent all our time in and around the hotel. the entertainment team are fantastic especially gem and gizem they made a real effort with the kids. i could sit and list everything thats great but it would take too long but i will just say that if your looking for an extra special holiday where you will want to return soon as you land home then the baia lara is for you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

just returned from 1 week stay to celebrate my Birthday. High expectations from reading reviews and lives up to in most areas. Food was mainly excellent, especially á la carté, visited Mexican and Italian worth paing the extra for. First time in Turkey and didn't see much of is as there's little outside the hotel but hadn't planned on going anywhere. Definite 5 star in the making but lacking in the attention to detail that's required. Staff friendliness a bit hit and miss which is a shame as some of the staff are wonderful. Special mention to Omar at the White Bar and the gentleman in guest relations, don't losee these in the refurbishment you need them! We had no problems getting sunbeds but in high season this appears to be a problem, not sure how to solve but I would refuse to get up at dawn to get a bed. Germans can be rude its not their nature to queue but the staff should ensure they wait their turn, don't be put off though as most are fine. would recommend to anyone and only reason I wouldn't go back is that I don't like going to the same place twice and the Barut & Delfin are worth a visit, these are the top 3 in Antalya and you can see why.

Room Tip: Don't have 2nd floor if you want a balcony as there arn't any!