“Nice atmosphere” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Erken Pension

Erken Pension
You added Erken Pension to your Saves list
Erken Pension
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Kilicaslan Mah. Hidirlik Sok. No:5, Antalya 07310, Turkey   |
Ranked #50 of 175 Antalya B&B and Inns
Ålesund, Norge
“Nice atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

The part of the building containing guest rooms, is 240 years old, and it is obvious that cleaning can be a problem with old wooden floors and walls, but it pays you back with the Ottoman atmosphere and a helpful staff.
There was some noise from the dustcart in very early morning hours, but this is mostly a peaceful part of the old town, and still close to the old harbour and the small beach.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Turkish first
London, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

Stayed twice in Erken Pension - two nights at the beginning of our stay and two nights at the end and each time were so grateful we did. Erken Pension is situated in a beautiful old building that has been beautifully adapted as a pension but without ruining any of the feeling of being in an old Antalyan Keilici buidling. Rooms are spacious and very clean with air-conditioning and a fair sized bathroom. Water was always hot when we were though we didn't need it with the amazing heat at the time! If you opt for breakfast at the Pension it is an excellent Turkish one and you can sit outside the Pension in the very quiet street opposite part of the old city wall and watch life quietly go by. A great location and we were quickly able to find our bearings and have some great days out. Antalya itself is amazing - very old history, great fun bazaar (be prepared to run the gauntlet of the shopkeepers but they do not hassle if you are polite and good-humoured) and easy access to the more local shopping areas at the top of Keilici. My friend and I LOVED this place - both Antalya and Erken - and will definitely return again.

Room Tip: Upgrade cheaply to larger room.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

We have loved our stay here,the location is perfect in the old town,staff are helpful and the place is very clean but most of all this is a wonderful old romantic pension, pay extra for the boutique room, standard rooms are not so good.

• Stayed April 2011
Nara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

This pension came at the end of our 10 days in Turkey. It was definitely the most atmospheric place we stayed at. Beautiful wooden house, authentic feeling, romantic and comfortable. Everything was clean and smelled good. We could not believe our eyes for the beautiful spacious room we were showed. An elegance we were not used to. We just came from Fethiye where for the same price (20 euros) we slept in a horrible claustrophobic place. I guess competition keep the prices low in Antalya, and the low season made it that we got the best room. Service was also very nice and helpful.
We found minor issues, like the bathroom gets flooded when you shower (all of it) and the original ottoman windows have little acoustic isolation, but generally speaking this is an incredibly beautiful hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Turkey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

I stayed in the Erken Pansiyon for 4 weeks in August. I booked the pansiyon through Eurobookings.com. On the website it stated that the rooms were either Superior or Deluxe so being on a bit of a budget I went for the cheaper option being the Deluxe. When I arrived and saw my "deluxe" room I was quite horrified and was told that it was one of their Standard rooms, and if I wanted a better room I would have to pay more. The pictures of the rooms on the website were nothing like my room which was very small and the bathroom was awful with strips of tape over holes in the door and dreadful plumbing. From the moment I arrived the owner said that he was sorry but I would have to move rooms the next day to a smaller room! So for the first 5 days I couldn't unpack because every day I was told that I would be moving the next day. Finally after 5 days I was told I could stay where I was so I unpacked. Two days later I was told that I would have to move afteall. I was very annoyed at this and the following morning the owner said that as I was so upset I could afterall stay where I was! For the next 10 days my room wasn't cleaned. After 10 days I had to ask to have my room cleaned and then it wasn't cleaned again before I left. Luckily there were 2 beds in the room so I just used the other bed's linen and emptied my own rubbish! In the last week of my stay I started getting bites all over my body so I can only conclude that there were bed bugs so I slept on top of the bedspread with my own hamam towel over me and this seemed to work! Overall it wasn't a very pleasant experience staying in this pansiyon and I couldn't recommend it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Munich
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

Perfect place if you wanna feel like the stupid Europian looking for being scammed

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Borås
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

Erken pansiyon is close to the Memerli beach in the Old Town in Antalya. It takes a few minutes to walk to the Yivli Minare and to Hadrian's gate. We stayed in to different rooms, both with cosy, old windows and an original wooden floor. All the building is, in opposition to some other pensions, an original house of the old town. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We used to buy fruits in the store opposite to the pension, and the staff prepared it for us, and we enjoyed it at the outside tables, opposite to an ancient wall and some palm trees. The staff helped us with transport advice (for Pamukkale and for airport) without insisting, so that we could select ourselves. It's a convenient place, whose only lack compared to some other pensions is that there's no roof terrace from where to see the mountains.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Erken Pension? Share your experiences!