“I liked” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gorgulu Kleopatra Beach Hotel

You added Gorgulu Kleopatra Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Gorgulu Kleopatra Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Specialty Hotel   |   Dinek Mah. Emirgan Cad. No:19 Alanya Merkez, Alanya, Turkey   |
Ranked #29 of 89 Specialty Lodging in Alanya
Vilnius, Lithuania
“I liked”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

I was in Turkey for the first time. I really liked this country. I loved this hotel. Here work very friendly people. I very liked the Turkish bath and massage. Best wishes to you.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Turkish first
Alanya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

very nice and beutyful hotel, this is perfect place for family vacation with childs.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
milton keynes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

This is nice small 3* hotel located on the beginning of Cleopatra beach in Alanya. We had 10 days family vacation (2 adults + 1 baby 10 months + 1 child 4 years).
First disappointment was bus trip from Antalya airport to hotel which lasted almost 3 hours, because bus had to stop to other hotels to deliver other guests. Otherwise without unnecessary stops, trip would last hour and half.
Weather was not to hot and we didn't need to use air-condition at all during the night or day. Hot and stuffy air was the main problem when we had vacation 2 years ago in September also in Alanya.
Advantage of this hotel is closeness to beach, nice pool, all inclusive food and drinks, hotel terrace good for relaxing under the shadow of tree, situated below highway so you could not hear noise from the street and also we could not hear at all constant “Islamic” singing of “hodja” which could be very annoying as we knew from our previous holiday 2 years ago.
Hotel is at very beginning of Alanya and needs about 30 minutes walking to city centre. There is a bus stop (dolmus) at hotel and takes about 5 minutes by dolmus to city centre. It costs 1 Turkish lira (0.5 euro) per person which is cheap. Also there is Migros store about 300 meters from hotel in city centre direction.
Sea was very nice, warm and good for swimming but sometimes there were waves which were not good for youngsters.
We need to pay for bed and umbrella 1euro per person per day, because this was not included in all inclusive. But this is not a big deal.
Rooms pointing to hotel terrace can be noisy during hotel entertainment activities which were happening once per week. Best rooms to pick up are rooms above pool.
Main disadvantage of this hotel is canalization suite situated 50 meters from hotel beach. Also beach was sandy but sea has some big stones which were causing problems when entering sea.
However, in general, it was very good holiday and very good value for money.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Budapest
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2008

First of all this is my first hotel review in my life. I've never felt to do this so far as I was always more or less satisfied with the hotels I've been. After the Gorgulu "experience" I think this can be really helpful to others thinking on booking this hotel.

We've booked Gorgulu via a travel agency as a last minute package. When we arrived and checked in our 12m2-21year-old smelly and ugly room first I tought that was the Turkish standard. I checked other rooms in the hotel as well with the same impression.

The next day we went into the city center and just to make sure we've checked some other 3* and 4* hotels. Suprisingly we've found all the hotels in very good conditions, new or renovated and very clean as 4*'s should be. We thought they must cost at least twice as much as the Gorgulu. Grand Zaman the one we've found the best of the available ones costed 105 euros per day with all inclusive for 2 people in the peak season (75 half-board). As we didn't know how much our travel agency payed for our accomodation with all inclusive in Gorgulu we've asked the reception about the private rates. They said 110 euros per day for 2 .

This is why I'm writing this review because the price/value rate there was the worst I've ever seen. They advertise themselves as a 4* hotel for a 4* price, but it is a maximum 2* and I'd rather call it a motel. Fair price would be around 30 euros. Check the pictures.

The only advantage is the hotel is located right on the beach, but for the same price there are other much nicer hotels in much better condition also directly on the beach closer to the city center (Gorgulu is right on the beach, but the remotest hotel in Alanya basically the last one on the Cleopatra beach in the middle of nowhere).

Finally the day after we've moved out from Gorgulu and moved in to Grand Zaman. After that we had a great time, Alanya is a beautiful place with nice people. I just have to go back to my travel agency and try to get back the money for the 5 nights that we haven't spent in Gorgulu. Then I will be okay.

I wanted to mention the "nice" manager of the hotel who got into a tantrum after we've calmly expressed him our complaint. He wanted to call the police :) and told us to leave his hotel (after we've already checked out and were waiting for to talk to him with our suitcases at the reception). He behavied very unprofessionally and he spoke very poor English.

Also wanted to write about Gorgulu's ridiculous all inclusive system and the poor choices of foods, drinks and everything compared to Grand Zaman, but it doesn't worth to spend more time with it. Just believe me in Gorgulu all the things are very low-class.

Don't go there!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Room
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Latvia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2008

We were group consisting from 14 young people stay at hotel this year ( 2008) in end of June. Weather was so nice , so hot, I like it:)
We arrived in hotel and were a lit a bit shochked:( hotel is definetly not 4 stars as stated, it is 2 or 2,5 stars and not more! Rooms were so terrible as It seemed to me that they thought that young people would not mind live almost in storages full of old shelfs and staff. We claim to get new rooms and get tthe next day normal ones, but I don''t recomend this hotel for persons who wants relaxing in rooms, it is really not such a type hotels for that!
Regarding to hotel stuff they are not really helpful, many of them don† speak English, some even hardly understand:( It makes me laught and made funny situations but for some of us it was end of world!
Really good thing about this hotel is that it is situated at sea side, but please pay attention that sun beds in seaside is payable-2 eur per day!
Food was okey, lot of vegetables , some fruits.
As we went to relax and have a good time out of hotel it was really good adventure, I was satisfied!
You need to ask yourself before you go what you want to get.
I hope that this hotel will more investigate in renovation and stauff and then it will be nice hotel to stay in Alanya.

• Liked — located at seaside
  • Disliked — rooms
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2006

My girlfriend and I booked this hotel through [--] but please do not make the same mistake as us!

Upon arriving at the airport the car they arranged to transfer us to the resort (which is about an hour away) was too small to take all our luggage. There was three of us and they sent a saloon car, its 2.30am - not the greatest starts to a holiday!

They did manage to send us a minibus about 30 or so minutes later. When we finally got to our hotel (they got us lost somewhere in Alanya town center) it was about 5am.

Did I mention that when we booked with these people they told us one price and then called me a day later to tell me it was actually going to be £300 more? Considering it was a day before we were due to fly out we didnt have much choice but to pay up.

After arriving at our hotel something didn't seem right. We specifically booked an All Inclusive hotel with a private beach because the third person in our group was my girlfriends elderly mother who could not walk long distances.

We ended up in a hotel across a busy main road where we were told at check in that all food and drinks on the beach would have to be paid for. After consulting the printouts I had the forsight of bringing with me and showing them to our rep he confimed what I already knew - we were in the wrong hotel!

The hotel we had been taken to was also called Cleaopatra Beach Hotel but then again according to our rep so are about 50 other hotels in Alanya - so be careful :)

Anyway, after nearly two days he got us moved to the correct Hotel which we discover is actually called the Gorgulu Cleopatra Beach Hotel.

Location wise we preferred this hotel, it was on the edge of Alanya and about a 5-10 minute walk to the hustle and bustle of the town center. It was right on the beach and aparently the only hotel with its own private section in all Alanya - I dont know if this is true or not.

Right outside the hotel was a Dolmus stop where you could easlily hop on and go to the town center for 1 lira per person. These run until about midnight.

The hotel has its own Turkish bath but we did not get to use it, it also has a gym. Both of these are charged extra and not part of the All Inclusive system.

The food was average, not much selection except for salads which there were plenty. Only about 2-3 main dishes were offered plus a soup. It was mostly edible but I think most people will find it unappealing after a few days.

Dont bother with the deserts, they were not very attractive to humans but the flies seemed to quite enjoy them!

Service in the restaurant was nil. Most of the time you had to ask for cutlery, staff only seemed to lay a few tables at the start of the session and wasn't too quick to come over when you sat down. We didnt get one offer of a drink with our meal in the time we were there so drinks are very much self service!

The bar area was OK, tucked away in a nice shaded area overlooking the small gardens and the sea. Staff here were friendly but nothing more. After Midnight all drinks are payed for, they are not expensive though.

The beach was very nice, good sand and very spacious, thea sea was lovely and warm. The guy who looks after it (Thomas) was very friendly and went out of his way to look after us. Food and loungers of the beach is charged extra but prices looked reasonable. There was water sports available but you had to walk along the beach maybe 5 minutes to the hut.

Thomas arranged some trips for us, we visited Alanya Castle, the Dim Caves and also an afternoon Dim Cayi - this was all very enjoyable and recommended. He also arranged a boat trip around the Alanya Rock which was great fun and after expressing an interested in looking at properties he even arranged a meeting with an agent working for [--]. We felt that he gave us a personal service above what he was there to do so we spent most of our time on the beach.

Evening entertainment here was minimal, we had one evening of Turkish Entertainment - folk dancing and belly dancer. Otherwise most nights you could just sit under the huge rubber trees that provided much needed shade in the heat of the day sipping beers or coffee, playing cards or talking amoung yourself. I dont' remember there being much if any music other than by the Bar (which is also the Discoteque) and stays open all hours :)

The rooms in the hotel are not very big and when we arrived they smelt of stale tobacco. We are non smokers so this really noticed. The decor is not particularly modern and perhaps a little dated, maybe we expedcted more from this 4 star hotel.

All in all, this place is average. It's not one of those huge All Inclusive hotels that you either love or hate. In reality this is just a small family run hotel that offers just what is main customers need for a good week or two away (incidently most of the guests were Turkish or Eastern European). The best thing about the hotel was the location, in my opinion.

• Liked — Private Beach
  • Disliked — Poor food and service
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Gorgulu Kleopatra Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!