Now where to start - maybe I'll star with the positives as this list it's short and the I'll give you me and my husbands negative experience:
- Clean rooms. The rooms are clean and they are of a 4 star hotels standard.
- Location - just in the centre in Alanya and 2 minutes walk to the beach.
- Selection of the food - good and everyone will find something that they like.
- Overbooking!!!When we have first arrived we have been told that our sea view room is not available at the moment and they can give us a different room on a lover lever - family room( selling as a sea view room). It got me thinking strait away - but anyway we went to the room and only then we have found out that it is a three view room and has a 2 single beds, no sea visible whatsoever. So we went back to the reception asking for our sea view room, as that room type of a room was available at the time of booking. At the end after two days of arguing ( seeing one more room see/three view) we have got a Suite on the fifth floor - which was a nice touch, had a beautiful sea view...but the start of our holiday wasn't great because of that.
- Addition to the overbooking( which obviously they do it in purpose) the staff wasn't professional and very unfriendly, sometimes even rude ( kitchen staff) as we had to fight to get our room, this really should be their job to satisfy their customer, so no apologies, nothing, they were explaining that it's hard for them to manage all the agencies - WHO CARES!!! How a 4 star hotel can't manage their agencies?? BTW we have booked through booking.com
- No food or drink allowed from outside of the hotel - due to healthy reasons!!! ( never seen anything like it ever anywhere else in the world). We had to hide our drinks in the bag to bring back to the room, but I think everyone else was doing the same. ( see pictures that I have added with the hotel policy - YOU WILL BE SHOCKED)
- No Spare key allowed due to security reasons. Yeah right - they don't want to to leave the air con on while you are at the beach!!! And what if you and your partner want to do different things and come back to the hotel at different times - you have to go and ask reception to open the room every time!!
- Hotel safe not free - you have to pay €2 euro a day!!!
- Beach towels not free - I think it's like a €1 a day - we had our own - but again never seen anything like it in a 4 star hotel
- Very loud music at the pool - impossible to read a book, nightmare! I have no idea had all the pensioners where able to stand this horror.
- Hotel is saying that there is a discount for the sun beds if you buy it at the hotel reception , IT'S EXACTLY THE SAME PRICE if you buy at the beach directly!!! Liars
- No Cash transaction at the pool, all is added to your room, which is hard to keep track off, especially if you have a long stay
- Room are even cleaned if there is a sing 'DO NOT DISTURB' - so what's this sign for?
- Wi-Fi code expires every 24 hours
- We have got a Suit - Exclusive room - 1506 and surprisingly it was very loud you could hear the neighbours TV - almost like it was in your room and also elevators running up and down...so not 4 star hotel and even this very fancy room!
- We have found that almost all positive comments on tripadvisor are fake - read the negatives first before you make your decision. We have realised after the fact that all negatives were bang on where all positives were not true.
- Just to add one last thing - we have booked our hotel through booking.com and this is the first time happen where it didn't publish our negative comments about the hotel....what not? We think that this hotel has a special treatment and agreement with the agencies not to publish negative comments!
Do not book this hotel - not worth the hassle and
- Also Known As:
- Grand Okan Hotel Alanya
- Grand Okan Alanya
- Grand Okan Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Okan is located on one of the most famous beaches in Turkey - Cleopatra Beach. If it's nightlife and shopping or peace and quiet, our high quality 4 * hotel offers something for everyone. The sandy beach is only 50 mtrs away , the town center with it's famous shops, bars, restaurants and nightlife is 1 Km away or 5 minutes with the local bus. Wireless internet access in Lobby, and by the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Otel, Priceline, Travelocity and HotelsClick so you can book your Grand Okan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.