“Excellent hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 369 Hotels in Alanya
bolton
“Excellent hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Just had a great holiday. Grand okan is located near the beach, and near the reataurants which has karaoke and disco. It is our 4th time in alanya and we found this hotel as the best one in terms of location, cleanliness, foods. The manager is great. My husband had a great time on his birthday and felt so special after the surprise arrange by Amanda and her team. Even the other hotel nearby agree that grand okan is really a good hotel. Kleopatra beach is just located behind Grand okan. The room is very clean and comfortable. All the staff are friendly. The foods taste gorgeous. Thank you very much for a very nice holiday.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Turkish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Me my husband and our son just come back after staying here for 7 nights. We arrived around 2am on Saturday and were welcomed by nice friendly staff who took our luggage to our room and gave us something to eat even though it was very late. The manager at this hotel, Amanda, who is from the UK is extremely helpful and kind. Our son is on a strict gluten free diet and we took our own flour with us and Amanda took me to the kitchen so that I can show the chef how I make my son gluten free flat breads. Words cannot describe how clean the kitchen was. I had to cover my head and shoes with plastic. Every evening the chefs had my sons flat breads prepared.
All the staff are very helpful and can speak English. There is a really nice salon downstairs where I had my hair highlighted by a young lady called Yasemen who is very talented and kind and welcoming just like the rest of my staff. If you are thinking of coming to Alanya, you must stay at this hotel and I can guarantee you will not be disappointed. This was our first stay and will not be the last. Thank you again Amanda and look forward seeing you again soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hullbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed at the Grand Okan for a week to celebrate our Silver Wedding Anniversary and we had a Fantastic time. We had a seaview room on the first floor which was beautiful homely and immaculately clean the room was replenished and cleaned on a regular basis. The 26th March was actually the date of our anniversary so we went out for the day and upon our return we found Amanda had decorated our room in flowers and in the middle of the bed was a box of chocolates from The Chocolate House which is a personal favourite of ours and in the evening to round our celebrations off we went to The Green Beach Restaurant only to find Amanda had decorated us a table there too what other hotel would of made our day so special???? The food at The Green Beach is Beautiful and the food in the hotel far exceeded our expectations regardless of nationality there is something to suit everybodys palette. The weather was nice enough for us to get beside the pool and we were kept very well hydrated, the staff are so friendly they go out of their way to help. A hotel is just a building it doesn't matter how big or Grand it is without a superb management team and wonderful staff it wouldn't work. Well the Grand Okan has it ALL so Amanda, Adem and The Grand Okan Gang WE WILL BE SEEING YOU ALL AGAIN SOON.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Reception staff lack English so try your German or Turkish instead..this is actually quite disappointing.

Take note that the rooms are quit basic and be sure to select a room on the back - not overlooking the busy main road.

There are limited Double rooms and we didn't like the twins combined to make a double. The room decor reminded us of a basic 3 star - or Ibis

There is no ironing facilities except the paid for wash/dry cleaning ironing service.

Almost everything in the hotel is chargeable including sauna etc.. What a shame.

• Stayed April 2013
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel twice before and will be returning in June this year! I and my partner love it, rooms are clean and comfortable, staff very lovely and helpful! We always go half board as food is so tasty and big variety. Before we would always arrive in the early hours of the morning due to flight times and hotel staff would always offer us food on the arrival. We just love it here!! ( I am a very difficult and fussy customer and complaining is never a problem for me, but at this hotel everything is just perfect. So I can relax and have a great time)
Entertainment is good and water aerobics in the morning is definitely a great way to start the day!
Overall it's a fab hotel, and we cannot wait to be back in June. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Paying extra for a room with the sea view is definitely worth it!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed in the hotel a few years ago with a friend and we had a great time. It is a 4* hotel and I would say for Turkey it is very nice with a posh feel to the hotel. We visited friends that stayed in another 2* hotel and there is a huge difference believe me theirs was like a hostel! I'd say never choose less than a 4* in places like Morocco or Turkey etc just to be safe and it won't burn a hole in your pocket to be extra safe. In this hotel we got half board and the breakfast and dinners were very good. Some days we decided to eat out for dinner because the food can be very similar everyday. One day the hotel also had entertainment which was nice as well. Rooms were very clean, air conditioned, quiet and well located on the main strip. No need to catch any transport.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Hi, we went to this hotel a couple of years ago, I was very quiet, relaxed and a good color, as I'm a red head, it's hard to get a good tan. My husband could not understand why I was like this, he thought I was ill, no! I was comfortable, the food was delicious and was very happy with everything and everybody around me, I never moaned once. I even swam with dolphins one of the most faved things. Now I tick that one of my list.

We are going again in June 2013 and I cannot wait, already booked airport lounge to start it all off.

Room Tip: The sea view is excellent
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
grandokan, General Manager at Grand Okan, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Good Afternoon Gill M.

Thankyou very much for your very positive review. We are certainly looking forward to seeing you again this year.
We aim to make this year's holiday as good as, if not better than the last, nearly all our staff are still with us, so you will have some familiar faces too.....
Till then...

Been to Grand Okan? Share your experiences!