“Another wonderful stay at the Grand Okan” 5 of 5 stars

Grand Okan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Saray Mah. Ataturk Cad., Alanya 07400, Turkey   |
Ranked #12 of 363 hotels in Alanya
Stoke on Trent
“Another wonderful stay at the Grand Okan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We spent 2 weeks on holiday at the Grand Okan. This was our second visit and we usually don't go anywhere twice but this hotel is just perfect.

All the staff are really friendly and helpful and as always nothing is to much trouble for the wonderful manager Amanda. Amanda always has time to speak to everyone and make sure you are enjoying your holiday.

The hotel is in a good location near the beach and within a short walk of bars and restaurants.
The rooms are immaculate and the hotel overall is kept spotless! The pool was my sons faviourite place and he still talks about the pool party under the stars.

Would recommend this hotel to firends, family and anyone looking for a relaxing trip in the sun.

Room Tip: Pay for a sea view room, the view is lovely from the higher floors.

388 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Turkish first
woking
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Right then ,,, what can I say , that I have'nt said a million times already ? This is the third time that my family and I have stayed in this FANTASTIC hotel ! The whole experience is second to none , it honestly is ! I challenge you to visit The Grand Okan and resist the temptation ( TO RETURN ) !!! I am a bit of a Victor Meldrew as a rule .... and if I can find something to moan about , trust me I will ! Well , the only thing that I can find to complain about , is the fact that I had to leave the place and come home !!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Gran Okan with my partner and 2 children in July, the hotel is in a perfect location the beach just behind the hotel, the staff were all great especially the manager Amanda who dealt with any queries personally and nothin was too much trouble she made a point of getting to know us personally which made the holiday even more pleasant. Andrew the entertainer was a wonderful man with a massive personality. The food was varied and there was always something to choose from, my personal choice was Turkish night where the food was completely authentic and the entertainment great. The beach is beautiful with sunbeds specifically for Gran Okan guests for a very small charge, the hotel is beautifully cleaned to a very high standard. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone of any age and will defo be returning myself thanks to Amanda and her fantastic team for making our annual family holiday a wonderful one.x

• Stayed July 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Everything about this hotel is amazing, the food, the people, the rooms...everything.
The staff are just the lovliest people i've ever met and they're always up for a laugh whilst still being superb with their working. They all work soo hard, and it shows...the hotel is usually impeccabley clean. The cleaning staff are lovely too, they speak very little English but i often talked to the lady who cleaned mine in German and she was lovely.
Amanda, the hotel manager, is English too so that really helped us and she was just amazing, friendly, helpful and always up for a chat.

Grand Okan is in the perfect location...it's on the beach front and it's not too far away from town and the harbor.

We will be back!

Room Tip: Sea view room so you get the sunset :)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed here in blistering mid-July for one week with family. Quite a gem in every way; right on the beach, yet secluded with a pool level with restaurant and bar that must be below sea level. Secluded is the word. We stayed on Half Board basis; breakfast and evening meal was a spectacular feast buffet. The clientele here is a cut above average for Alanya and mixed North European and British.

Free Internet across the hotel and in rooms too - works. Also noteworthy is that the hotel is not a resort located miles from town; it's on the Cleopatra Beach and now rowdy.

Many guests seemed to be returnees. So..in sum...we commend Great Grand Okan to you. We enjoyed it thoroughly - the helpful staff even fixed up a rental car before we arrived.

Room Tip: Family rooms appear newly re-decorated - try them. Balconies 2nd floor and above have direct beach v...
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Got back home few weeks ago, with busy schedule and work did not really have time to share with all of you with my experience, and only MINE. There is many different type of people, so my review based on my tastes and expectation.
The reason i choose that hotel, thanks to a friend of mine who stayed there a year back so would be more word of mouth type of think. Location Location Location

Two hours drive from Antalya airport to the hotel was a bit of too long for me, well a night mare. Since I had 11 hours flight, all I wanted to be speedy to lay on the beach.
First of all I would like to start with THANKING AMANDA for everything.
I am Solo travel, so for me is mandatory to deal directly with people in charge and make sure I am taking care of. Amanda who always make sure things run smooth for you and you feel welcome. She has a great personality so my stay was Easy Breeze one.

My room was on the 2rd floor facing the garden.
Was there for one week, hotel is fantastic, everybody polite and friendly and cooperative.
Lobby area is huge and nice; I always had Turkish coffee at the bar. Lobby area again really nice place’s to sit and feel like you are in your huge upscale living room, here you could do your emails etc… I know I know we are on vacation but I am like a running bunny who always works ;) get free internet access so you could in the day catching up on emails. WIFI is available for you just ask for the pass at the reception.
Food delicious starts from breakfast which was always plenty to eat and dinner.
You could choose to eat outside or inside as the restaurant opens out to the pool area. Bars available in the hotel where you could choose to get a drink from inside or outside.
The other Tourists were friendly in the hotel.

The pool was in shape and very clean and there was of sun loungers and umbrellas available.Please don’t get me wrong but I just do NOT understand people who choose to be by the pool instead of being on the beautiful KLEOPATRA beach to get nice tan just don’t get it.
The hotel has a beach across the road where you can choose to sunbathe instead of by the pool. loungers and an umbrella’s are available for you. If you will mentioned to the boys on the Beach that you are staying at Grand Okan you’ll get discount. There is bar on the beach that belongs to GRAND OKAN N 9 Bon appetite everybody.
You can have lunch and return back to continue your tanning session which was convenient for me. Target was to get like a brownie.
For me Walking is no problem,
The hotel is within walking distance of the harbor where all the nightlife is and shopping. If you are a shopaholic this is the place for you

Leo

Room Tip: SLeepy people stay by the Garden Party people face pool side
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I first stayed at the Grand Okan in 2008. The hotel was already great then. After the refurbishment it got even better and better. This was my 3rd stay at the Grand Okan.
Excellent location, immaculately clean, helpful staff, wide choice of delicious food, modern looking room.
I'm missing the Grand Okan already... I'd recommend this hotel to anyone.
I had a great time at the Grand Okan and in Alanya. I can not wait for my next holiday next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the East side as the view on Alanya Castle and the beach is stunning.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Grand Okan? Share your experiences!