“Meh and Yes!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gardenia Hotel

You added Gardenia Hotel to your Saves list
Gardenia Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Saray Mah. Guzelyali Cad. No:34 Alanya Merkez, Alanya 07400, Turkey   |
Ranked #66 of 369 Hotels in Alanya
Saue, Estonia
“Meh and Yes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2014

The food first of all was not that tasty. My family did go to eat Breakfast but i didin't after a few days but i did eat Dinner. There is NO SLIDE! But anyways a very nice hotel with nice rooms and a nice pool. The Pool Food Place was very good we even gave them many tips. And a VERY NICE location. Right over the road you have the wonderful beach and a few blocks away you have the Alanya Water Park. And close to the Main Street and the Old Castle.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

My Girlfriend and I visited this hotel in July and we missed nothing.

The hotel itself I situated very close to the fantastic Kleopatra beach, very short walking distance to Alanya centre and the Bazar; no matter which direction you walk in, you will find an endless stream restaurants and shopping opportunities.

The staff here were absolutely amazing. It is very obvious that work hard to give their visitors the best stay; everyone does a good job, from the reception, to the restaurant, to the cleaning staff etc. the main language spoken among the staff is German. Although we are Danish, I remembered some German from high school and I speak English as well. We had no problems communicating with staff, regardless of the language spoken. Importantly, we did not have any difficulties during our stay, which requires a larger exchange of words. In the end, we experienced absolutely no language barrier. We felt we were able to understand each other perfectly.

Now to the breakfast and evening buffet - WOW! What a selection of fresh foods and desserts. We literally ate breakfast and dinner there every evening (it was included, but still). It is very popular and it was very clear that many people enjoyed the food as much as we did. They also have a
Restaurant facing the street, where you can buy the same quality of food and good prices. We ate here 3-4 times, which we did not initially plan to do.

I don't really these things as negatives, but it is important to mention a few things: First of all, Internet (Wifi) and the use of a safety box for one's money, wallet etc., must be bought separately. Secondly, drinks at dinner where not included, but these could be bought at reasonable prices.

I give this great hotel 5.8-5.9. If one or two of the last points I mentioned were different, I would give the hotel a clear 6! It is important to mention, however, that I do not know if these additional payments I mentioned just above, are always the case in hotels in Alanya - if so, which might be true, this is then a normal practice. Overall, this hotel is absolutely great and I give it my LARGE recommendation for fellow travelers to Alanya :)

Stayed July 2014
Ski Municipality, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

The rooms were nice. The breakfast and dinner was great. A lot of tasty food to choose from. Close to the beach and a nice location. There are a lot of Germans there, but you will mostly be understood speaking English. For Germans it's perfect and for eveyone else it's really great :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Having arrived at the hotel in early February 2014, I found to my dismay that there was a discrepancy between the flight and arrival date. I had booked for seven nights so I tried to explain this to the receptionist on the desk. However, his manner and response to my situation was quite disgraceful. I explained at length my situation, and that I would like to bring my booking forward by a night. As the the hotel was half full, this should not have been a problem. Unfortunately, I was told that I'd have to pay a significant sum for an extra night in a room in the back of the hotel that was not occupied by other guests. Upon hearing this, I asked to speak to a manager who was not available. I was told to contact my travel company, but as it was Saturday evening, the office was not due to open again until Monday. Therefore, I asked once again to speak to a manager. This time I was told in a very rude manner, that there would be no manager available until Sunday morning at 10.00 am. As a result of this, I asked if it was possible to access the internet. I was again informed in a rude manner that I would have to purchase it for 24 hours at an excessive cost for the privilege. Fortunately, I managed to cancel my reservation at the hotel and book into Hotel Savk whose staff were extremely obliging and only too happy to help. I would certainly not recommend Gardenia and their extremely rude staff to anybody.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Baarn, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel in August 2012 as part of a holiday package. The hotel had many German guests and most of the staff also spoke German. We have different nationalities, but we did not mind this at all. The hotel is very close to Cleopatra beach (the nicest beach in Alanya). We only had to cross a quiet road to get to the beach. The beds at the pool are for free, but you do need to pay for the beds at the beach. The restaurant is located on the top floor which gives an amazing view of the sea and the castle as well as a beautiful sunset every evening. The food was fine (mix of Turkish and international dishes). Especially the desserts were very nice. There were different choices of main courses every day. We definitely did not get bored with the food during the 11 days we stayed at this hotel. Our room was on the ground floor and overlooked the pool area. It was comfortable and equipped with modern furniture. The city-centre is not very far, about a 20 minute walk to all the shops, bars and night clubs. The hotel is in a quiet location, which we liked. I would recommend this hotel to couples without children. It is not very suitable for families with small children. Not much animation (which is one of the reasons why we did choose this hotel) and the pool area is quite small (although it was big enough for us).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Beograd,Serbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Great location, food, friendly staff.Hotel is just renovated,smells clean.My fiance got basket with fruit and wine for birthday,really nice gesture.
The hotel is located at the best part of Cleopatra beach and between hotel and beach is big park.
Alanya is busy,a lot of tourists,mostly Scandinavians.But there is fun for everyone,you can party every night or find some quiet cafe or restaurant.Try ice cream at Hanchi!
We really enjoyed!

Room Tip: The first room faced pool,we asked is it possible to change for a see view and it was very next morn...