When we arrived at the hotel we did not receive any welcome. The hotel did not seem to be expecting us. We had booked the hotel months ago and then trried to stay an extra night but they had not responded to any emails. They were not aware of our extra night so explained we would have to check out and then check back in for the extra night. Although we had made special requests for a high floor, quiet room etc the hotel sent us towards the bungalows at the back of the hotel. We said we were leaving and the manager was called. He eventually gave us a room in the hotel for 'honeymooners'. I think they were taking the rise. Glad we were not newly weds as the room was not clean and the bedding was really dirty and had blood on the duvet which did not have a cover. Getting the room cleaned and all the bedding changed, problems checking in etc all took 3 hours. Not what we needed after a 5 hour drive. However, the staff did try very hard and were friendly. The room was large and had a lot of hanging space for clothes, seperate hot power shower but it needed a good bleach. The hotel is in a beatiful location, the sea looked so inviting but unfortunately the black flag was up the whole time of our stay so we could not swim. The rain and lighting made spectacular evening entertainment! The evening meal was quite good but get there early as the food and atmosphere diminish quickly. The food on the weekend was much better than when we arrived on the Thursday and when we left on Monday. It was rich and plentiful at the weekend but the other days it was basic and not replenished. Stuff ran out quickly. One thing we did find annoying was the lack of control over the lighting on the balcony. The hotel management controlled the lighting which came on at 8pm and went off at 10pm meaning it was only possible to read on the balcony for 2 hours. The rooms had no wifi but there was access in the lobby. The spa was a bit sterile and unwelcoming. The pool area is great though with lovely clean pools and decent grounds.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Tabarka Beach Hotel Tabarka
- Sentido Tabarka Beach Hotel
- Iberostar Tabarka
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by a beautiful pine forest with mimosas and a golf course, directly alongside a fine sand beach and approximately 2 km away from the city centre is the SENTIDO Tabarka Beach, a five star hotel and maximum luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Tabarka Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.