“Good accommodation for that price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Abou Nawas Montazah Tabarka

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tabarka
Prices are for rooms, adults
Abou Nawas Montazah Tabarka
Save Saved
You added Abou Nawas Montazah Tabarka to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Route Touristique BP 358, Tabarka 8110, Tunisia   |
Ranked #7 of 11 hotels in Tabarka
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Good accommodation for that price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

My friend and I spent our summer holiday here last summer. We wasnt totally satisfied but also not horrified.
We stayed in a room that wasnt renovated,not so good but simple and mostly clean. Maid came every morning,cleaned up and did funny thongs with our pajamas :D. We were satisfied with a view on the sea.The worst was the bathroom- very dark ,sometimes scary and there was mold between tiles. Other bad thing was location. It took us 10 minutes to get out from this labyrinth of rooms to reception. However, we didnt gain any weight :).
The food was average, you could choose from many dishes. I advise you not to eat vegetable or anything they can wash in normal water that wasnt cooked or baked before. Non-alcohol beverages were drinkable but I was disappointed with vine,it tastes like.....it was just terrible.
Hotel beach was quite clean,with good entering in the sea. Beware of syringes in the sand!!
I have to complain about the chief animator.He has very strange sense of humor that I consider rude and stupid. Other stuff was nice ,especially our Czech animator. The show was quite boring,that is a pity.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

As written in the title, I didn't expect too much from the hotel and the town of Tabarka but I was very satisfied.

Very nice sea with waves big enough to be funny, security guarded very carefully - lifeguards at the pool and at the beach watching closely, guardians were around the compound for the whole night, meal was great, a lot of vegetables, different kinds of meat, sweets, fruits, even the picky kids always found something to grab. We haven't attended much of the activities prepared by the animation team, as we prefer to entertain ourselves, but they were really good team doing all they could, supposedly they are the best around. We were four (two adults + two kids) packed in a small room for two but I do not complain, we only slept there, which was fine.

What annoyed me extremely were greedy tourist, who woke up at six only to put their towels on the pool and beach deckchairs to reserve their places and then went back to sleep until nine or ten o'clock. There were signs around the pool saying in four languages that this is not allowed and that the hotel staff will collect such towels to free the blocked deckchairs. They never did. Fortunately we have never had any problem with finding a free deckchair whatever time of day both at the pool and the beach and therefore it's just the greediness of people what annoys me.

Beach is beautiful, I did my everyday early morning running and swimming at the sunrise - it was just marvelous and I miss it. I also had opportunity to see beaches of the other hotels around and have to agree with other reviewers that ANM's beach is the best, although a little bit of everyday cleaning from cigarette butts, papers and plastic bags would be welcome.

There is an excellent massage parlor run by very skilled physiotherapist and kinesitherapist Slim (also called Dr Slim) and his beautiful wife Anna. They are both very professional and offer a wide range of different massages.

The town of Tabarka is not much of a touristic spot which was the main reason I have chosen this destination, it is quite green as compared to the rest of Tunisia, there are quite a few fine spots in the town, nice cafes with Shisha smoking local men (recommended is Cafe Andalous but most of them are fine), there is very busy local Souk (market) on Fridays at the road out of Tabarka towards Ain Draham with fruits, vegetables, clothing, animals, hardware etc (no souvenirs).

I found three car rental offices in Tabarka - one local, Europcar and Hertz. They cooperate with each other, if one has no car to offer he calls his competiton to help you. Their offices are closed, you have to call them on the phone number provided on the door and they will come down in a few minutes. Rental price is around 100,- DT. I would very much recommend to visit the Bula Regia archaeological site some 70 kms from Tabarka with its amazing mosaics, underground villas, amphitheatre and remains of huge thermal baths. We haven't had time to go to Chemtou site which is quite near to Bula Regia but according to some descriptions it is also very nice. We have also done a short morning trip from Tabarka towards Algerian border with nice views of the rocky seashore. We did not manage to go to the other side towards the airport and Beja, but from the bus taking us to the airport we could see there is Ras Rajel war cemetery near the airport with 500 Commonwealth burials of the Second World War, 60 of them unidentified.

It was some 25 minutes nice walk from Abou Nawas hotel to Tabarka by the beach or by the road sidewalk, we did that almost every night with absolutely no security issues. If you get rid of the few hungry touristic shops salesmen trying to sell you anything, there is no other obstacle on your way. The town is busy during the night, making for a fine Arabic atmosphere there. A taxi ride from Tabarka to the hotel or vice-versa costs some DT 1.50 to 2 only (EUR 1,-).

Room Tip: All rooms look to be of same standard, I suggest to take one on the ground floor, not to walk too fa...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Prague
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

The bright side of this hotel is excelent animation team a then the pool, which is giant. That is all. The hotel has own beach, which is nice.
My ROOM was a little dirty with poor bed and air conditioning which didnt work at all. Bathroom looked even worst, but according pictures posted on the internet, I was the lucky one with only a little bit f mould. Room`s door didnt fit the frame, there was a hlaf inch gap under them.
FOOD quite offten too much salty and deserts too sweat. In addition there was the very same selection of food every day. Beer included in all-inclusive was according my opinion alcohol-free. For drinking water every one has to ask each day on bar.
Outside of my room the cleanliness wasn`t much better I stepped on pice of glass by the pool and my friend on the nail on the way from hotel to beach.
What impressed me the most was the bed for infants. I wouldn`t let even my dog sleep in it!

Room Tip: Maybe in new buildings
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2008

This *** hotel is situated in a garden between tourist road and sand dune covered by busch and trees, surrounded by green hills, about 1,5 km from town center of Tabarka and 15 km from local airport. Hotel has about 300 rooms in six three-stock bungalows located approx. 250m from the beach. The quite small rooms are equipped very simply only for passing the night (no fridge, TV etc.) with balcony or terrace. Only a very small number of rooms with a view on pool or sea (mostly on hills, road or bush).
Very clean sea (the cleanest sea among the Tunisian resorts, I think) with view on the town and fortres, 30 min. walk alongside the sea to the port and town center. Quite big sand beach with life guard - the red or black flags are very often (wawes over 1m). The weather at the beginning of June were a bit windy with clouds here. The hotel area, beach and rooms are clean, but problems with changing towels quite every day (no changed, missing etc.). 50m swimming pool and children pool with pool-bar. Great animation team with all day programme for all age categories. The problem I see in boarding. Only the plastic table mats often not very clean (not table cloth at all).Breakfasts were monotonous - only one sort of cheese and salami, eggs, sausages are every day. Very good sweet pastry. During lunch and dinner there was only one sort of fruit, great sweets, limited choice of dishes. There is offered only local wine and beer from the alcoholic drinks here.
95% of tourists were Czech and Slovaks. Staff prefer more their language than e.g. German or English.
Pavel

• Liked — Cleanness of sea
  • Disliked — Quality of boarding
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Praha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2007

This hotel was the the best I have ever been. I was there with my mom and we had to separate rooms. Rooms are simple, and we do not recommend it to anybody who expects luxury 5* equiped rooms. The equipment is little bit older but it was all according what was told us by travel agent and according the catalogue. We were satisfied, the rooms were clean, spacious enough (double single use), with bath/shower, with its own balcony and table with two chairs there. The housekeeping cleaned it up every day as well as changing towels if needed. Reception staff was very friendly especially the manager who was very helpful. The same with other staff. I should also mention the restaurant manager, who hepled us a lot in time, when my mom was sick - unfortunatelly I do not remember his name. And what makes this hotel special and above average is really its staff - we thank to everybody. Special thanks are also to animatorś team, to their boss Sluma, who is the real professional - if you watch him he just gives you better mood even you do not feel well. He is excellent in every way. He is real showman. Also other animators are taking care of you the whole day so you do not have time to be boring. If you want only to have a rest on the beach watching beaufiful and clean beach and sea - no problem, but if you wish to take part in some of the activities - no problem, and if you are stressed that you do not know that?No problem at all, nobody watches you that you are somehow bad or strange, animators show you what to do. One of the animators - Mario - is also super, he called my mom "maminka" and he looked the way that he really enjoys his work. Of course others looked the same way but he especially. All animators was smiling all the time as well as other staff. During day there are many activities to do - minigolf, volleyball, fotball, tennis, water polo, games by pool, dancing etc.But what I have liked the best were activities after dinner - Snoopy disco for children (but I was going there too even I am older than 20), dancing with animators -all animators were really very good dancers, and after that spectacle in amfitheatre - I was there with my mom and friends every night and during 15 days we have stayed in Montazah we have never seen exactly same performance - every day something new. After that there was another dancing activity - very very good. The only thing what I have missed was disco on the beach or some party. Disco is in one of the hotels building. Food was enough every day, only breakfast every day same, for European people maybe better to have some yoghurt and spread cheese and more fruit as well as ketchup/mustard/dressing/acid for salads and meat and pastas. But even I like these much I did not miss that a lot. For dinner/lunch you can choose out of several salads, many cakes and sweets, pasta, meats, vegetable. I also missed ice cream at least once in few days. But for sure everybody will find something what he likes there. Beach and sea was very clean, watched by two man - hotel security and lifeguard. The beach was really superb, sandy, long, enough umbrellas for everybody. In total: THE BEST HOTEL WE HAVE EVER BEEN - BECAUSE OF ITS ATMOSPHERE AND EXCELLENT STAFF.

• Liked — Mr.Sluma, Mario, Ayman, Hossem, my dancer Amin, Samia, Manel, Momo and other excellent staff, beach, activities, spectacles, sea
  • Disliked — behavior of tunisian boys and man in their spare time - but it is much different mentality and culture from European so I consider that as difference in culture and not dislike
  • Stayed July 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2005

I have very enjoyed my holiday at Abou Nawas hotel. It was absolut great place to relax and off from city stress. There's huge swimming pool in hotel area and just a few steps to sea with private Hotel's beach.
There is also lot of to do in the hotel: tennis courts, minigolf, pool, souvenier shops. I have to strongly recommend animators team. They do lot of fun during the day and manage many events over the day including daily evening theatre.
Staff is very friendly and we get all we wanted.
All room are fitted very basic but with all necesary things you can need.
Hotel need urgently renovation because of bad buildings conditions.
I have added few real photos.
If you look for bit of comfort, choose different hotel. If you look for relax only and you do not where you sleep. Abou Nawas Montazah Tabarka is good choice for you!

• Stayed August 2005
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Abou Nawas Montazah Tabarka? Share your experiences!