I travelled here mid July for 10 days and had a nice, relaxing holiday. Great place for couples or a young family or anybody looking to relax. I would not recommend this place for a group of young people who wanted to party.
Location: The hotel is right on the beach, nearest shops are about 5 mins away and the lovely marina takes about 20mins to walk.
Hotel: was lovely and clean and obviously just been refurbed. Lots of nice bars and coffee shop. Rooms were fine, nothing special but everything you needed. Great big bathroom. Great maid service. Air conditioning was poor throughout the whole hotel but particularly in room and could not be left on all day as you needed your room card for the power. The pool area was clean and there was always plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas for much needed shade! Lifeguard on duty at all times and area was not too noisy or you were not being pestered by staff/people trying to sell you trips. Entertainment team tried their best and lots happening during the day but evening entertainment had a lot of be desired - cheesy, unfunny and poor setup.
Food & Drink: I am not a fussy eater and always found something. Large selection of salad each day along with soup, pizza, pasta and chips but lots of tasty meat and fish grilled in front of you and stews and these were different every day. The food did get a bit repetitive, particularly if your a fussy eater. Food available from 6am-midnight at somewhere in the hotel which is good if you've gone out/slept in. Large selection of drinks and cocktails were included in the all inclusive. Drink measures were sometimes very strong! Only thing was all bars close at midnight so nothing to do after that. Meant to have a disco until 2am but only happeneded on our last night.
Trips: we went to the waterpark which was around £10 each and had all the usual flumes, wave pool, lazy river. Most people there were Tunisian or Algerian. Pools were lovely and refreshing compared to the warm pool at the hotel! Also went on a catamaran which was about £6 per person for 2 hrs. Just went out the sea but was nice change of scenery. Finally, 2 nights after dinner we went out to an Irish bar down at the marina and there was a live band too. Was busy with tourists and locals and drinks were a little cheaper than UK.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Diar El Andalous Hotel Port El Kantaoui
- Iberostar Diar El Andalous Hotel
- Mercure Hotel Sousse
- Accor Diar El Andalous
- Diar Andalous
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The top IBEROSTAR Diar El Andalous hotel, located in the town of Sousse, is an all-inclusive Port El Kantaoui hotel, surrounded by gardens and right on the beach. This beautiful Tunisian hotel on the Mediterranean coast offers an impeccable service and has a wide range of entertainment for the whole family, making it an ideal choice for a relaxing family holiday in Tunisia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Iberostar Diar El Andalous reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.