“will be back again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marhaba Palace Hotel

Save Saved
You added Marhaba Palace Hotel to your Saves list
Marhaba Palace Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jinane El Kantaoui | Sousse, Port El Kantaoui 4089, Tunisia   |
Ranked #10 of 37 hotels in Port El Kantaoui
halifax,west yorkshire
“will be back again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

having just returned from this hotel i felt it necessary to write/correct a few comments about here...this is the first time that i have been to this hotel having previously been to another hotel up the road....a massive thanks to Mario and the rest of the entertainment team for their friendliness,professional and hard working efforts to keep everyone pleased...these guys worked tiredlessly from early morning to midnight everyday to keep guests busy with the various activities going on around the hotel especially the karaoke on our last night there..it was a great atmoshere with everyone singing and dancing til 11am ish....check in at reception was kept to a minimum and the porters and 1 in particular who kept guests amused with his baggage balancing routine...pure slapstick comedy,,,,,the food was of very good quality---okay breakfast was the same everyday but for lunch and dinner there was a wide range of choice from pastas,fish,meat,freshly made pizzas and vegetarian..sweets were nearly the same everyday but were satisfactory....from Monday 18th November not just the main bar but the all the reception areas will be no smoking due to-i think- the number of complaints from guests about the smoke coming across to the non smoking part..not sure about the bedrooms...cleaning was kept to a high standard although one of the maids came into our room and said that she was cleaning our room and wouldn't be in on our last day so we gave her a tip..wether she was the only one cleaning our room i don't know but you can tip them if you want..the waiting staff at lunch and dinner were the best i've ever came across---working non stop bringing drinks,clearing tables and re-laying them over and over again...all in all we are going back again next year for our honeymoon and look forward to seeing everyone again...definitely worth the money to stay there

Room Tip: we had room 413 which had a pool/sea view..new hotel being built on left hand side but there was min...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

1,463 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband went here on honeymoon and it was absolutely amazing, they staff was friendly and very helpful the animation guys were amazing they tried to get everyone up and to get everyone to join in, the food was pretty good as we didnt know what to expect and my husband is a fussy man how only eats sertain food they catered for everyone and we really enjoyed it, the pool and beach area was clean and tidy every day, I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family :)

• Stayed November 2013
Ashby del la zouch, Leicestershire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Returned on the 10th nov from the Marhaba Palace. This hotel is looking tired but is kept very clean by the staff, who are very friendly. We found the food to be reasonably good but much of the same everyday. The entertainment was in the bar just off the reception, a smoking and non smoking bar, all in the same room. If you sit on the non smoking side it is as bad as sitting on the smoking side. Hence we could not go to the evening entertainment. Next door there is a hotel being re-built, drilling, grinding and hammering throughout the day. Work starts around 7.30 - 8.00 am every day except sunday's. All taken into account we still had a good holiday!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor at the front of the hotel, quieter!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Weymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Just returned from a fabulous 10 day holiday at the Marhaba Palace in Port el Kantaoui. We cannot praise this hotel high enough and we really don’t understand some of the negative comments left by some other Trip Advisor users. Went through Enfidha airport (lovely, clean & modern) from landing to baggage collection in under 40 minutes. There are porters there if you need them and yes, they will want tipping (a couple of dinars – about 70p - if you’ve visited the Bureau de Change in the airport or they’d be happy with a pound coin if you haven’t) but I can’t think of any holiday airport I’ve been to where this doesn’t happen. And if you don’t want help, just say “no thank you” – being polite doesn’t hurt.
On the subject of tipping, we didn’t once in 10 days feel pressured to tip, but nevertheless did so willingly to say thank you for the wonderful service received by every member of staff we came into contact with. And yes, once the staff know that you’re a tipper the service gets even better, but why is this a surprise -it’s the same in the UK, staff love tippers – why wouldn’t they? And let’s be honest, if you begrudge a waiter, barman or chambermaid a couple of dinars (I repeat - 70p) for looking after you, you’re not a particularly nice person. This “tipping at the end of the holiday” excuse doesn’t wash – what happens if it’s your waiter/barman/chambermaid’s day off? Seems like a justification for mean spiritedness to me. Just tip little and often throughout your stay – sound traveller’s advice – and it works at home as well!
Food – excellent. Breakfast with cereals, yoghurts, fresh croissants and pastries, freshly baked bread, omelettes, pancakes, fresh doughnuts and for those that wanted it, a choice of cooked items – hash browns, sausages, tomatoes, bakes beans, fried potatoes and even occasionally bacon. Not the best bacon I admit, but Tunisia is a Muslim country which means they can’t easily lay their hands on rindless back! In fact I suspect it was only there to try and stop the mindless griping of those who travel to a different continent but expect everything to be like it is at home – and there were plenty of those! The range of choice at lunch and dinner was staggering - even on the tenth day of our stay there were still new dishes appearing that we hadn’t seen before, beautifully cooked and presented every day. Meats cooked or carved to order, choice of soups, freshly made pizzas and pastas, daily Tunisian specialities, spicy casseroles, breaded poultry, fresh fish and seafood, beautiful colourful salads and a huge variety of different vegetable dishes! Really don’t know what to say to those who bemoan the lack of variety or that they had to live off pizzas all week, except perhaps – GROW UP!
The room we had was spotlessly clean and kept that way by a team of charming and happy looking chambermaids. We had a great view over the pool and out to sea – certainly worth the supplement. The beds were supremely comfortable and the room had everything we needed – even down to an HDTV with BBC news channel and an English language film channel – more than enough for the very rare occasions we had it turned on.
In the main bar you can either get your own drinks or the guys in there will run drinks to you all night so that you can relax and soak up the atmosphere– and if that’s not worth a tip, I don’t know what is. There is perfectly acceptable beer on tap, red, white and rose wine, and the usual range of generic spirits and mixers. Exactly what I would expect from an all-inclusive hotel. Don’t believe the stories of watered down alcohol – I went a bit mad on the first night and was bitten by a very bad hangover the following morning. After a day recovering by the pool resolved to take things a bit more steadily.
The public areas of the hotel are beautifully kept. Soaring columns, splendid chandeliers, marble floors with comfortable leather sofas and armchairs everywhere. There is a lovely water feature in the reception and the hotel has very well kept grounds.
All in all, we would thoroughly recommend this hotel and we will definitely be returning. We can imagine that it’s true that the hotel was once even more grand, more exclusive, and the facilities even better, but we also imagine that we wouldn’t have been available to afford to stay in this magnificent place at that time. But now we can, and the hotel is still special enough to have made our holiday great and, we hope, the first of many here!
Oh - and by the way - the building site next door? In our ten day stay (by the pool every day) the only time we even remarked on it was to say that we didn't know what the fuss was about.

Room Tip: Pay the supplement for the sea view!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
north west England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Tunisia many times and it's the first time I have stayed in The Maharba Palace I always go to hotels with a open mind.
On arrival my room wasn't ready but the money exchange was. I changed some so I had some change to tip the baggage man!
The room I had was 131 it's on the first floor and the end of a corridor which suited me fine. The room was nice and the towels and bedding changed everyday, but there was dust on the door to the bathrooms I could write my name on it. Some work was being carried out in the hotel below my room and sometimes I could hear banging which didn't really bother me.
I went for my first evening meal to the dining room and as usual was given a table, but after two meals I lost the table for some reason! The waiter appeared reluctant to get my water! Yet on my last evening he must have gone into the garden area and picked a few flower petals for my table because as he said it was my last meal at the hotel! The food was ok nothing special although I would recommend the Italian veg soup.
I never used the indoor bar area and I noticed in part of the bar you could smoke which I'm sure some people would enjoy doing!
I sat in the main reception lounge and had a coffee after my evening meal. It is the best place for the wifi signal. During each evening I was only asked once if I would have liked a drink by a waiter and that was on my last evening and I think he was the bar manager he had a suit on. Plenty of waiters had been to my table to retrieve my empty coffee cup..
The best event was when at 8.50pm a man started to shift the furniture around in reception and 2 workers walked in with 2 floor cleaning machines nothing was said but they started to move the furniture around me and commenced to clean the floor!
The hotel is ideal if you want close proximity to the Port it's not far to walk. It's well worth a visit and it's also handy to catch the noddy train to Sousse and it's only a short walk to the 2 superb Golf courses nearby.
Being a male on my own I'm sure that if I had tipped the staff at the start of my holiday I would have had better service.
I am returning to Tunisia in January for a holiday but I won't be stopping at the Maharba Palace I may do if I was having a weeks golfing holiday in Kantaui and I suppose I cud slip the tips before and not the end which I always do.
I must mention two staff though One morning I had a upset stomach the head waiter at breakfast advised me to drink green tea which worked, I told one of the baggage handlers I had a upset stomach after he had asked how I was The following morning he asked me if I felt any better.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Bury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Me and my wife stayed here for our honeymoon. We didn't know what to expect when we got here, because we'd got mixed reviews from various friends. We were told, hope you like chicken and cous cous, because thats all you get! Nothing could be further from the truth! The food was magnificent! If people have it for breakfast, it was there, and no shortage of it! Lunch had loads of different choices too, even for Kids. Dinner was also fantastic, again, with plenty of choices to suit everybody. The waiter we had most of the time was brilliant, and made us feel special and more than welcome. The hotel itself is very nice, although I must say it could do with a little touch up in places. We had a sea view, which I highly recommend, especially if you like watching the sun rise. The pool area is spacious, the only bad point is you get people coming round asking if you want to go on a camel ride, or quad biking or go on a boat trip. If I wanted to do any of these, I would go looking for them, instead of them looking for me. The beach is basically On your doorstep, and me and my wife walked along it daily which was really nice. The hotel entertainment wasn't for us, so we spent most evenings walking round the harbour, or walking round the shops browsing for gifts, and got some really good bargains. All in all, we had a fantastic honeymoon, and have vowed to go back there and see our new friends again in 2015, and we are so looking forward to it B-)

• Stayed October 2013
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

myself 7 my wife have stayed at the Marhaba Palace every May/June since 2007. Ideally situated in the resort, only 400 metres from the Marina, with an excellent bar opposite. A large, spacious hotel with a private beach, spacious pool area & gardens. The breakfast area is large with ample choice for any palette. The Dining room for the lunch/evening meals is also spacious although in high season requires two sittings. The food choice is always very good & I reccommend the Pasta Chef in the corner to create your own special dish

Room Tip: Hign Floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Marhaba Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!