“Try it & see, ignore bad reviews” 4 of 5 stars
Review of El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui

Save Saved
You added El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui to your Saves list
El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Zone Touristiques Sousse-Tunisie, Port El Kantaoui 40-4089, Tunisia   |
Ranked #19 of 37 hotels in Port El Kantaoui
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Try it & see, ignore bad reviews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Went with a friend for a relaxing break during Jan/Feb 2013, it was extremely relaxing.
******This is a hotel based in Tunisia so try the local food.*******

There was a fantastic range of food for everyone, from salads, fresh bread, different meat dishes, potatoes cooked in different ways (if you wants chips with everything then go where it caters for chips with all) freshly made pizza's, pasta, rice, cous cous, fruit, deserts etc the list is endless one of the best hotels for food I have experienced in Tunisia & I have been to a few.
My only gripe was I went half board not all inclusive so I had to pay for my drink with dinner - bottle of water 3 dinar, wine 5 dinar a glass, so yes could be expensive but that was my own problem.
Rooms: Very clean, tip the cleaners they work hard, clean towels every day, every room has a balcony, mine had a table, 3 chairs & a clothes airer, TV in the room & it had a variety of channels including films, a fridge at a deposit, dressing table, ample wardrobe, air conditioner/heating gets cold on an evening in winter months.
Sunbeds free...however if you want a mattress it 2 dinar per day
Towels for pool can be rented at a refundable deposit of 10 dinar, these are changed every 2 days.
Beach access from the hotel, very clean although I only went there once.
2 outdoor pools, 1 indoor pool with a jacuzzi, massage, hair dressers, henna tattoo's, american pool table, air hockey & table tennis (small fee)
Animation team: Great hard working, various things throughout the day such as archery, evening entertainment some nights (don't forget I went out of season)
Entertainment: lounge is non smoking, but there is a smoking lounge & a chicha room.
Reception area: very nice, it has door men 24/7, a bank to change money (rates the same everywhere) safety deposit boxes, cash machine.
There was ample other seating areas throughout the hotel, 2 hotels on site over priced but that's the same everywhere.
Tunisian's love British guests & most can speak English!
Security manned the gates 24/07, as well as security walking around the site so secure. It is about 5 minutes walk from main entrance of hotel to security gates.
For those who like to leave the hotel, turn left & keep walking on the left hand side until you come to a roundabout with golf clubs on it (10 mins) then left at this roundabout a further 10 mins will take you into the marina of 'Port El Kantaoui' worth a visit as so pretty - take my advice here please drink in cafe's around the marina as there is a fountain square nearby & their drinks are a total rip off so your warned!!! :-)
Just before you get to the marina on the right hand side, there is an Irish Bar - yes owned by an Irish guy - good night out for the young at heart.
If you go out for a walk on the right hand side of the hotel there are several places to go into for a coffee as well as several shopping centres - my personal favourite was Sunflower - very clean toilets.
Taxi to Sousse is 10 dinar pay no more, this has ample shops, coffee shops & of course a medina, best coffee shop The Marrekkesh very clean toilets that are locked to keep them clean.
Hergla is worth a visit but you will not spend a full day there.
Local small taxi bus in yellow or white with a blue stripe down the side go everywhere for 1 to 2 dinar, worth a go.
Bus a little more difficult I could not work out where the bus stops were on the left hand side, one opposite hotel gates heading towards Hergla.

Room Tip: I was told to ask for a room on the front of the hotel if you like the sun, mine had a sea view &...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

586 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Polish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My partner and I stayed at this hotel from the 3rd until 13th feb, it was terrible to say the least. Food was awful restaurant staff were rude apart from one waiter. I am in Tunisia every few months as my husband lives there but have never expierenced a hotel like this. 4* really I would of not even had given it a 2.

• Stayed February 2013
London,,England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Great staff, who were both helpfull and polite,nothing was to much trouble,
It was my Tunisian Husbands Birthday while we were there and the Chef baked a cake and waiters sang happy birthday to him,
Good selection of food and plenty of variety,
Would recommend this hotel,,Will definately go back.

Room Tip: Double and twin beds available at request
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have been going to El Mouradi PEK since I was 2008 I have been 5 times to the hotel and I am due to go back on 6th March 2013 (4 weeks 5 days) for my 6th visit with my friend Natalie for 2 weeks, baring in mind my grandmother and auntie have visit around 15 times! I absolutely love the hotel itself, it is beautiful and all the staff with all the different times I have been I have met different animation, bar staff, pool staff etc. But despite the staff changing a lot each and every single one of them has made my holiday. They are polite, caring, loving and always look after you.The food is lovely and there is always a different variety day and night. Everywhere is clean, rooms, restaurants, pool and beach. I love all of the staff and I am even friends with some of them still from when I first went in 2008. I wouldn't go to a different hotel now my heart is set on El Mouradi PEK not even another El mouradi I would visit just this one. When or if whoever is reading this goes you will be sure to have a lovely time and always want to come back........... If any English speakers/people are going from 6th - 20th March feel free to add me on Facebook or comment on my review I don't know if you can. Its always nice to speak to English people whilst in the hotel :)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Just got back from a week in this hotel in all inclusive and what an excellent stay it was! Amazing selection of foods with about 20 breakfast items, fresh omlettes and crepes made to order and a rotating buffet menu for lunch and dinner. Highlight was the Tunisian cous cous night on Thursday. Buffet food is better than a la carte in most restaurants. Room was nice, clean with no problems. The beech is also excellent. Staff are super friendly and very patient. Overall top quality experience and can't wait to go back

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Have been to this hotel 14 times with my husband and family now it is just me and my husband It frist class the staff are very kind and helpful we do not have a bad word to say about this hotel We have been there at christmas and on christmas day father christmas came on a cmael

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Caernarfon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have just returned from Xmas at this hotel. There were 10 in our party age range from 4 to 54. We had a ball. The cleaners, bar staff, waiters, porters, reception, entertainers and security staff were all helpful and friendly. They worked long hours and always with a smile. The rooms were clean, spacious and bright. Yes the carpets were old and some areas need painting but its the guests that make the mess and concentrating on that gives the wrong impression. There is loads to do for everyone. There were lots of choices of food and if you bother to try the local dishes you shouldn't get bored. Of course the all inclusive drinks are not strong nobody is going to give martell away. Eating out and shopping is unbelievably cheap in Tunisia. Join in with the haggling over prices', its there culture. The area surrounding the resort looks run down but its safe. The hotel is on a beautiful beach. We had small children :-) and teenagers in our group and we all loved it and had a brilliant holiday. We had a 7 course dinner on Xmas eve in the beautifully decorated ballroom, included in our stay. Caberet, belly dancers and father Xmas. It was on a par with the Ritz where I have eaten. The manager and staff did everything to make it a perfect Xmas and it was - they even set up a manger with baby donkeys. The whole holiday cost us less than 1500 for 2 adults and a 13 yr old. If you haven't been to Tunisia this is one hotel that will definitely make it special. We are already looking to go again in October. There was a festival the night before Xmas eve, lots of drumming and singing. My friend and I were dragged up to join in, we had great fun with the locals.

Room Tip: Haggle over prices. If you go all inclusive you will be given wrist band. Don't be taken in by...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui? Share your experiences!