“A good experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of El Mouradi Club Kantaoui

Save Saved
You added El Mouradi Club Kantaoui to your Saves list
El Mouradi Club Kantaoui
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Zone touristique El Kantaoui, Port El Kantaoui 4089, Tunisia   |
Ranked #16 of 37 hotels in Port El Kantaoui
Milton Keynes
“A good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went early Jan 2013 through Holiday Hypermarket. I wanted somewhere that suited us and my 5 year old son. The hotel kids club only ran for 3 hours during our week and the watersports we found on arrival are only available from April onwards which was a great disappointment. We were All Inclusive. My partner who is usually very fussy about food found something to eat every meal time. There was a good choice and yes things were repetitive but arent they at home??.AI drinks were limited but you could buy others if wanted. Large bottles of water were available for about 1 dinar/50 pence from the bar. The family room was a good size and clean. The indoor pool is great and warm. Ideal for this time of year. We still found plenty to do ie Camel Ride, trip on Catamaran Albatros from the marina , land train into Sousse lots of walking. The walk from hotel to Port took about 20-30mins with little person. There were several small shopping centres near hotel ideal for bargains and presents and 2 shops within hotel. Tunisia is still quite cheap compared to Spain and Portugal. Will definately go again but not in High Season as hotel can take 2300 guests.

Room Tip: We had a room 933 away from main part of hotel which would be quieter when outdoor entertainment/sh...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

1,292 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Polish first
N.Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Where do I start? After reading some extremely harsh reviews, I was a little worried about staying here- how wrong I was! On arrival we had a cocktail reception, and checked in with the very friendly and helpful reception staff. Showed to our room- 458- and it was a lovely clean light room, perfect.
Went down for lunch and we were allocated a table for the week and our own waiter who was fab. They all work so hard in the dining room and always have a smile on their face! Food in the hotel was spot on, always loads and loads to eat and its always fresh.
We went on the Zulu trip and it was such good value for money, couldn't recommend it enough.
The port itself is lovely to have a wonder round, it took us about half an hour to walk there from the beach.
Now onto the beach! It was stunning, crystal clear water and loads of sunbeds. The waiters come onto the beach so if your too busy topping up your tan they can get a drink for you.
I'm actually still here now and due to fly out tonight but I really don't want to go home! Everyone I have met have been super friendly and helpful and I can't reccommend this hotel enough. I am booking for next year when I come home for 2 weeks.
Enjoy!

• Stayed January 2013
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I went there in June 2011 and I travelled on my own. I was a bit nervous travelling to a country in north Africa on my own, but honestly I felt completely safe, the staff are be friendly and helpful, and being a customer services advisor, this is very important to me. The food was excellent and the entertainment was good too. I have just booked to again 19 weeks Saturday ( 8th June) and this time I am taking my mother who has never been to Tunisia before,. After reading some of he reviews I am glad they now have wifi, so my iPad will be taking a battering when I am over there!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Barneville-Carteret, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We spent Christmas and New Year 2012 at the Club Kantaoui (22.12.12 to 5.1.13) and thoroughly enjoyed our all inclusive stay.

We agree with all the favourable reviews and were pleasantly surprised at the standards at this hotel. Our package included a Gala Dinner - Christmas Eve and New Years Eve Gala Dinners were an unexpected additional treat. Very stylish 8 course meals with belly dancers entertaining us and music and dancing.

• All the staff were friendly and very attentive
• Food and drink was excellent – at dinner we had to ask the waiter to stop topping our wine up! You can buy bottles of water to take to your room (1 dinar = 40p for a 1.5 litre bottle) although water, sparkling water and alcoholic drinks were readily available throughout the day
• Entertainment was fun with occasional shows in the disco and music in the lobby most evenings where the young gentlemen of the Animation Team tried to teach us to dance – thank you for your patience Yosri and friends.
• Free Wi-fi is available in the main lobby which is a non-smoking area
• Flew with Tunisair - excellent service - meals on outgoing and return flights and complimentary soft drinks/beer/wine

We came away from Tunisia feeling that we had a very enjoyable value for money break.

As cat lovers we enjoyed the company of the many cats around the resort. The staff didn’t comment when we took food from the restaurants to feed them.

The weather was comfortable – most days sunny from 10am to 4pm. Sun worshippers found sheltered areas around the resort where they could relax and get a tan. Our room overlooked the sea and as we needed to walk outside to get to reception and the restaurants we needed a cardigan or light coat and scarf in the evenings if it was windy.

Christmas is not peak season so the hotel was not fully occupied. We found a mostly mature, friendly, multi-national clientele. Tunisians, Germans, Italians. Children seemed to be well entertained by the Animation Team.

We tipped all the staff – bar staff, dining room waiters, chambermaids, toilet attendants. One dinar is 40p and 1-2 dinars was accepted politely.

We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Before I write anything, I just want to tell you not to read the bad reviews. It seems like some people like to moan about anything and everything, and won't give anything a chance. I understand that all holidays will be different, depending on how old you are, if you're with friends or children, and what time of year you visit, but I can honestly say that I have no negatives about this hotel.

My room was huge (I was in room 419), and clean. The cleaners came in every day and changed the bed covers. Although I felt it was unnecessary for them to change the covers daily, it did mean that my bed was always clean and neatly made. The cleaners were also very nice and friendly. They were chatty, and always said 'hello' when they passed you in the hallways. There was free wi-fi in my room, as well as in the main lounge area.

The food was amazing. There was so much choice; too much choice if I'm honest. Breakfast offered pastries/croissants, cereals and milk, rice pudding, eggs, bread, fruit, salad, sausages, vegetables, cheese, meat, fruit juices. Not all of it was to my taste, but I gave it all a try and I never went hungry.

Lunch and dinner offered similar things; rice, pasta, potatoes, salad (loads of different types), various meats, fish, sauces, soup, bread, frittata, vegetables, and other things that I didn't know what they were but I tried them and they were really nice. And the desserts were delicious. Every day there was a choice of little cakes, and occasionally they had ice-cream and doughnuts.

It's all a buffet, which means you can try everything, and go back for more if you want it. The waiters are so helpful. You can reserve a table, which the waiters keep clear for you throughout your stay. This also means that you have the same waiters who will get your drinks for you, and they were forever topping up the glasses, so you never went without. Again, like the cleaners, the waiters were so friendly and chatty, and always made an effort to make you feel welcome.

If you missed the main meal times, food was available from the smaller restaurant downstairs. There wasn't as much choice there, but you could still get some decent food, so again, no complaints. There was also a man who cooked pancakes/crepes for a couple of hours during the afternoon. Plus you could get free drinks (beer, wine, Coke, tea, coffee, spirits, juice) from the main bar all day. However, if you wanted water you had to pay 1 dinar (about 40p) for a 1.5 litre bottle.

The beach was clean, as were the swimming pools. It was too cold to swim outside, but the inside pool was immaculate and very warm. The lifeguards were chatty and wanted to have conversations whenever they saw you. I can honestly say that I did not encounter one rude member of hotel staff.

There's a place in the hotel where you can change your money into dinars, and it's always a good idea to have a few 1 dinar coins to tip the cleaners and waiters. They don't expect it, but they are appreciative when you do tip them. However, you can't change your money back at the hotel. This needs to be done at the airport. You aren't allowed to take money out of the country, so it's a good idea to change your money gradually throughout your stay so that you don't have too much left over by the end of your holiday, as there is a 30% commission charge.

The hotel is nicely situated, as there are a couple of shopping centres nearby (within a few minutes' walking distance) where you can buy food and drink (not that you'd need to; there's enough of that in the hotel), toiletries, souvenirs, bags, clothes, and other bits and pieces.

All in all, I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel and its facilities. After reading the negative reviews I had wondered what I was letting myself in for, but I have no complaints and would definitely consider going back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have to say I had a fab time there in Nov 2012. The rooms were nice and spacious, the resort was clean and well looked after, there were lots of food and snack places, sheesha cafe and pancakes in the cafe every afternoon also staff were lovely. As it was off peak the hotel was not too busy.

The room was nice and the bathroom and seperate wc were beautifully tiled, the rooms all have a balcony, tv (with movie channel), aircon and a mini fridge. The rooms were a little tired and dressing table was in need of a repaint. The beach is a stone throw away, right at the back of the hotel. There is a shop in the resort but they don't have a huge selection of items, there are shops very near about 2-3 minutes walk. There are near by places to visit and lots of excursions to go on. I went to the local Sousse market and hated it. It was crowded, dirty and full of people trying to rip you off. I liked the local Port El Kantaoui which is actually walking distance if you don't mind walking 45 minutes. It's worth seeing but for the rest of the trip we opted to stay in the resort and relax.

At the spa I had a manicure and medical pedicure. The beautician was very good and through but I felt a bit cheated as they charged me extra to have my nails varnished. Normally its included with the manicure or pedicure. I wished they told me before hand because I paid more than I would pay in the UK (£65 altogether, I normally have both for £35 in London) and it wasn't acrylics or anything, just a varnish and topcoat.

There is one main dining hall, its a buffet service with loads of variety but they usually have chefs at the back of the hall making fresh items to order like pasta or pizza. It's different every day. I would recommend the specials they have something different every day which are usually good. Although the dining area looked clean there were always flies around, which were annoying as you couldn't eat in peace sometimes. We constantly had to be vigilant that those critters weren't settling on our food. On one ocassion a fly fell in my husbands drink. Luckily he noticed before drinking it. Also I did find a piece of metal scourer in the buffet salad, I reported to a staff member and the chef came out and apologised to me profusely. They also have themed dinners that are table service, you can book at reception, those are a bit hit and miss but a nice change from the buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner.

We purchased the holiday from Just sunshine. Our flight was delayed by 2 hrs and they were waiting to collect us at the airport and knew exactly who we were, which was nice but when we go to the hotel, it was very late 1.30 am, we were tired and hungry and stumbling over ourselves as the hotel entrance was poorly lit and a bit slippery from rain. The staff didn't make us aware that we could have ordered free snack food from one of the cafes in the hotel. At that point we hadn't exchanged any cash so we didn't order room service as its cost extra so went to bed hungry.

While I was there in the main dining hall they staff did a customer service survey and I mentioned a few things such as the carpet in hall way was coming up and the maid didn't leave us a bottle of water, and these things were rectified on the same day. I was very impressed. The staff are ready to listen and act.

Overall, despite the minor problems which may sound worse than they are I would love to go back there. I had a nice time, and even in November the weather was lovely. The all inclusive deal which included food, drinks and snacks was worth it. The resort is lovely and the whole atmosphere was relaxing. There were lots of familes and couples there and even a few single people.

Room Tip: Rooms away from pool are quieter
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Zrenjanin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Very nice hotel! You can go to Port by walk or take the taxi and go to Sousse. Also, there's inside pool, free WiFi and other activities to do right in the hotel. Food was awesome. Rooms were cleaned every day, so I definitely didn't have a reason to complain. :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to El Mouradi Club Kantaoui? Share your experiences!