We spent Christmas and New Year 2012 at the Club Kantaoui (22.12.12 to 5.1.13) and thoroughly enjoyed our all inclusive stay.
We agree with all the favourable reviews and were pleasantly surprised at the standards at this hotel. Our package included a Gala Dinner - Christmas Eve and New Years Eve Gala Dinners were an unexpected additional treat. Very stylish 8 course meals with belly dancers entertaining us and music and dancing.
• All the staff were friendly and very attentive
• Food and drink was excellent – at dinner we had to ask the waiter to stop topping our wine up! You can buy bottles of water to take to your room (1 dinar = 40p for a 1.5 litre bottle) although water, sparkling water and alcoholic drinks were readily available throughout the day
• Entertainment was fun with occasional shows in the disco and music in the lobby most evenings where the young gentlemen of the Animation Team tried to teach us to dance – thank you for your patience Yosri and friends.
• Free Wi-fi is available in the main lobby which is a non-smoking area
• Flew with Tunisair - excellent service - meals on outgoing and return flights and complimentary soft drinks/beer/wine
We came away from Tunisia feeling that we had a very enjoyable value for money break.
As cat lovers we enjoyed the company of the many cats around the resort. The staff didn’t comment when we took food from the restaurants to feed them.
The weather was comfortable – most days sunny from 10am to 4pm. Sun worshippers found sheltered areas around the resort where they could relax and get a tan. Our room overlooked the sea and as we needed to walk outside to get to reception and the restaurants we needed a cardigan or light coat and scarf in the evenings if it was windy.
Christmas is not peak season so the hotel was not fully occupied. We found a mostly mature, friendly, multi-national clientele. Tunisians, Germans, Italians. Children seemed to be well entertained by the Animation Team.
We tipped all the staff – bar staff, dining room waiters, chambermaids, toilet attendants. One dinar is 40p and 1-2 dinars was accepted politely.
We would definitely recommend this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- El Mouradi Club Kantaoui Hotel Port El Kantaoui
- El Mouradi Club Kantaoui Hotel
- El Mouradi Hotel Kantaoui
- El Mouradi Port Kantaoui
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located right alongside the beach, in the heart of the Port el Kantaoui tourism resort and next to a 36-hole golf course. Sousse is 10 km away, the airport of Monastir 25 km and Kairouan with its famous Mosque 60 km. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Otel and Expedia so you can book your El Mouradi Club Kantaoui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.