“El Mouradi Club El Kantaoui” 3 of 5 stars
Review of El Mouradi Club Kantaoui

You added El Mouradi Club Kantaoui to your Saves list
El Mouradi Club Kantaoui
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Zone touristique El Kantaoui, Port El Kantaoui 4089, Tunisia   |
Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in Port El Kantaoui
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“El Mouradi Club El Kantaoui”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We arrived at the hotel after an 8 hour delay so missed all of our first day. We were greeted politely and courteously by reception with a welcome fruit cocktail. We had booked 2 rooms and were give two good sizes ones in the main block both having 3 single beds and a sofa, fridge and tv. The rooms were a bit tired but adequate. The maid service was brilliant - each day folding either the blankets or my pj's into fan and duck shapes! Dont ask for a bungalow as they were referred to as "bunkers" by other holiday makers as they were very small and had no private outside space or views. Entertainment team were good but evening entertainment finished early around 10.30 pm each night. There was a disco which opened at 11pm - 2am but you had to buy drinks after 12. There are two good sized outside pools and one indoor pool so not too busy and at the time we went you could always get a lounger (although the cushions were 2 dinars per day hire charge). Weather was good for most of the time apart from a couple of afternoons of cloud and rain. Food - where do I start ?? Breakfast was awful - hot melon, plums, rice pudding, carrots and cauliflower .... Rest of the day eating wasnt as bad as there was always something to be found at one of the restaurants. Be careful of the turkey/chicken as it was very under cooked (verging on raw) a couple of times but when my eldest son complained, the chef just said "its ok, it will make you strong" and then ate it!! On a plus side wi-fi was free in the reception area. All in all an ok holiday and not bad value for money but we wouldnt stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Dont pay extra for the bungalows, get a room in the main block - we had 915 & 917 which looked t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Lisburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

wee arrived at this hotel at 7 o clock in the morning on 21st october for a week not a great start to holiday as wee were all delayed in dublin for a few hours but when wee got to hotel the holiday started. to start of the hotel staff were very helpfull cherfull and very funny strange to see at that time in the morning but nice the rooms they give us at the far end of the hotel were stinking and smelt of sourse so i ask could they move us rooms and they did the rooms were very nice plenty of space and very clean at the front of the hotel well the food wos lovely always something to eat and if youtip the waiters you are treated realy well i have been to tunisia 3 times so far and i can tell anyone this is a lovely hotel just dont book the bunglows they are very out dated if this hotel wos updated i wouldnt go to any othere hotel the only reason i wont go back is because this hotel needs updated realy bad

Room Tip: pick a room at front of hotel there realy nice
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Travelling solo, I have just returned from this fine hotel. I had read some of the negative comments and am happy to say the complaints are unfounded.
This low rise (3 stories high ) complex is spread over a large site with every possible facility
My room on the ground floor was large and spotless , facing away from the pool and loud music.
The beautiful gardens with sweeping date palms lead directly to a section of private beach which is one of the best I have ever seen.
The hotel was crowded on my arrival (oct 14) with lots od Germans, Fench and Tunisian families and mealtime was a bit of a stampede. After the weekend a lot went home and the rest of the week was a pleasure. The food was plentiful and varied. The staff were hardworking and friendly and deserved the small tips recieved. The cleaning never stops.
There is a slight musty smell in the corridors which may be humidity or drains. Not bad enough to complain about though.
This is my 4th trip to Tunisia over 15 years and equalled the best (Hotel Kanta) and better than Golf Residence or Bel Air( Hammemet)
My Sunway rep was terrific with practical advise. Congrats Carol
The entertainment is simple and suited to young families.
It's a long walk to the Marina so do this in the daytime. It's not an ideal choice for singles unless you are independant .
The air conditioning was off in October
I loved my week at the Club

Room Tip: Facing away from the swimming pool is quieter
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Wallingford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was my first time in Tunisia, but the friend I went with has been many times & this was her 2nd in El Mouradi Club.
First thing we did on arrival was head for our bungalow, it was very clean & well presented. Didn't worry about not having a TV remote (seems to be a big grumble on here) as we didn't go to sit in & watch TV but when we did we turned it on manually.
Bar staff were excellent & after the first drink they rememebered us and always had them ready. the whole place was clean and tidy and the restaurant staff were very attentive (rewarded with a good tip at the end of the holiday & not before!)
Spent most of the week at the beach as we didn't want the noise of the pool during the day but the beach staff were equally as good as the main hotel area.
If I have to put anything negative it was the amount of cats around the place (I am not a cat lover) but this certainly did not spoil my holiday in any way.
Can't wait to take my children next year

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This hotel sits about 2 kilometres north of the Port el Kantaoui harbour, and 1 km from a good golf course, which is why we picked it. Our group of five people consisted of my old mother, myself, my brother, his wife and their young son, and we had booked three rooms. I had contacted the hotel in advance and requested that my mother was given a room near the elevator as she is not a good walker, and the hotel had given her a special handicap room near the reception which solved that problem eminently. The rest of us were given adjacent rooms nearer to the sea. The hotel area is giant and sprawling. About half the rooms are in 3 or 4-storey blocks encompassing a mass of bungalows with vaulted ceilings, which separates the main buildings from the beach area. Also there are two big and splendid outdoor pools and two smaller for children plus one indoor pool. A rather haphazard plaza surrounded with bars, shops, a stage (for the animation programmes) fills in the rest of the area. Indoor the image is much the same, especially in the cavernous lower floor (underneath the reception). Unattractive, dark, random and gloomy are words I have to use to describe it. The entire hotel complex looks like it has been designed by an accountant, so if you are looking for beauty please look elsewhere. A lovely exception is the avenue leading down to the beach from the hotel plaza, which is lined with scented jasmine, rambling bougainvillea and other flowers, and which puts you in a good mood. The beach area is also big and in good shape, the tufted, grass-covered parasolls are particularly attractive. The (bed)rooms are of very good size, but in need of refurbishing (I understand that the superior rooms are being done now but I haven't seen them, nor have I seen the bungalows). I did not sleep well in my bed at all, it was too firm for me, and the pillow was lumpy. The bathroom was lovely, big, bright, smart, huge wash basin where a man can wet shave easily, plus a separate toilet area. Three large wardrobes and a fridge rounds off a very inhabitable room. The balcony/terrace was also big, clean (mostly) and inviting. There was also a very smart rack for drying towels and bathing trunks there, much appreciated. Curiously though, you have to pay a 15 dinar deposit to get the remote control for the TV, and pick it up from a small office at the central plaza, a very odd practise for a 4-star establishment. (The same place you pay a 10 dinar deposit for pol towels). Cleaning was sufficient, but not extraordinary, but the maids seemed to have a massive workload. Now for the food. We have never before travelled All Inclusive, but decided to do so this time because of an old mother and a picky child, plus great distance to external restaurants, and we were lucky. The food here is good and tasty, and I can hardly remember seeing the same items twice on the varied lunch and dinner buffets. There were lots of lovely vegetable courses and salads here, so even vegetarians can survive luxuriously here. And more fish and white meats that reds, so plus points also there. The free drinks are of course boring and cheap, but the rosé wine is passeable and the beer is good, so one survives. The dessert chefs here are particularly worth mentioning, the puddings and cakes look and taste great. (So weight was added during the stay!) When you arrive, find a table that you like and pay (tip) the waiter in charge of the area generously to take care of you and for the rest of the (agreed upon stay) he will. Your table will then be dandied up and your favourite drinks will already be waiting for you when you arrive if such action is taken (but keep up the tipping). If you run around from table to table you may on the other hand feel ignored completely. It is a somewhat curious practise, but entirely understandable. Due to the whole All Inclusive phenomenon waiters hardly get tipped anymore, and this is the only way thet can get a little extra. By providing added service for you they can get paid a little more. So make sure you always carry some 1 and 5 dinar coins with you. (It is after all about the only money you will have to part with during your holiday.)

All in all? More good than bad, but I do wonder why this is deemed worth 4 stars? It is certainly too random and unattractive looking to be 4 stars, if looks have anything to do with it. But on the good side, I liked the room itself and the food experience was well above expected. Good pools, good beach, but service sloppy and unsmiling (even when tipped). However, there were many guests there, and seemingly from all over, so it must have something. If is is redesigned and not just refurbished it has the potential for true 4-star power.

Room Tip: I really enjoyed my 2nd floor, north facing room in the 4-storey blocks near the sea. No sun but gr...
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

went with my best friend in july and had a fabulous week doing nothing but relax in the sun.the room was huge and could easily have fit five of us in.we had a lovely view of the pool and of the sea.the beach was just a two minute stroll from our room and was beautiful.the food was absolutely lovely and there was plenty of choice at every meal time.the staff were very friendly and helpful.we enjoyed it that much we have booked again for august 2013.

Room Tip: choose a high room with a sea view
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

SIMON / CHELSEA & RYAN
Just come back from this hotel with my two children 3rd -17th October and let me tell you do not listen to any of the negativity of the hotel people put on here as we could not fault the place at all
The rooms were clean and the entertainment is second to none my children loved the mini disco which was on every night for them and all the staff there are so friendly and go out of there way to help you out.
The food was great to and there was always something for my kids to eat and there are fussy eaters lets face it you should not expects to go abroad and get English food all the time i tried a bit of every thing and it was all nice and no i was not ill at all.
I will say if you have got kids then i can not recommend this hotel enough to you and i will be booking up soon to go back next year

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to El Mouradi Club Kantaoui? Share your experiences!