“such a shame as many good points but teething issues!” 3 of 5 stars

Club Calimera Rosa Rivage
Zone Touristique Dhkila | Skanes, Monastir 5065, Tunisia   |
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Monastir
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“such a shame as many good points but teething issues!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

this hotel is new to thompson holidays this year and we were in the first 25 people to try this hotel. the staff tried however we had a few teething problems for example waiting 6 days to get a fridge in the room and half the week before the safety deposit box arrived. the entertainment shows was woeful but they were trying to get audience participation and this may improve as the season progresses.the bar staff couldnt do enough for you and their was an army of cleaning staff working tirelessly to keep the place in good order. the food was typically tunisian and was not labelled to identify for vegetarians amongst you. however it was in the main flavourful and i enjoyed most of what i had eaten. the beer was good and the wine was most enjoyable(far better than my previous tunisian experiences) this could be a far better hotel once a few tweeks have been made. Most of the staff are lovely. The beach is narrow and sunbeds were plantiful, however the sea and parts of the beach were littered with cast offs from boats. they were working with a jcb to clear this up before we left and the season is only just starting. i went with my partner and our two small children and my parents and my cousin and her family and we all enjoyed our time here but all had a few issues.The hotel sits a short taxis ride monastair and you can get the road train which the kids enjoyed, however no where outside the complex to visit on foot if you fancy a walk out. the hotel has a few hazards like the flight of unguarded stairs down to the pool filter room which is waiting for the kids to fall down. The health and safety issues that i noted were reported to my rep and this was followed up by hotel officials checking this out so i suspect these will be resolved. I dont think there was enough in skanes for me to ever return but you can book trips for various events to brighten your time. we all enjoyed the pirate boat trip and both me and my partner enjoyed massages at the onsite beauty parlour( you can negotiate prices!!)

Room Tip: My room was a family upgrade which my parents also opted for and was far superior to standard rooms...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first

Been to Club Calimera Rosa Rivage? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Club Calimera Rosa Rivage

Address: Zone Touristique Dhkila | Skanes, Monastir 5065, Tunisia
Location: Tunisia > Monastir Governorate > Monastir
Bar / Lounge Beach Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#10 On the Beach Hotel in Monastir
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HostelBookers and Despegar.com so you can book your Club Calimera Rosa Rivage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Club Sunshine Rosa Rivage Hotel Monastir

If you own or manage Club Calimera Rosa Rivage, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.