“Great Stay!!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Delphin Ribat

You added Delphin Ribat to your Saves list
Delphin Ribat
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue Habib Bourguiba | BP 327, Monastir 5000, Tunisia   |
Ranked #18 of 46 Hotels in Monastir
Blackburn, England, United Kingdom
“Great Stay!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Delphin Ribat for my 40th birthday, great room, great food, staff always seem to be cleaning and keeping the place ship shape. All staff friendly and polite, especially the Animation Team ( Milo, Mario, Alex and Michou). Made us feel so welcome and made my birthday enjoyable. Would definitely consider going back again!!!
Dawn and Jason

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Polish first
Micheldever, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Went back to this hotel after being there for the new year went with my mum and dad and son who is 4 it was just as good second time around and really can't understand why people are moaning it's only a 3 star and very cheap there is always something you can eat and if you don't like the food you can see restaurant manager who will get the chef to cook what you want we had mash and turkey cutlets cooked for us which was lovely the barman in the day is also very helpful my mum is in a wheelchair and he always made sure she was ok bringing her drinks for her the bar man at night was also ok the staff on reception are also very helpful the animation are ace milo never stopped playing with my son they all really work very hard to try to make everyone's holiday good the room we had was very big with 2 balcony s 1 with a sea view the other 1 looked out on the street the maids cleaned up every day and done a good job all the staff made our holiday very enjoyable and we met some lovely people we have already booked to go again in April and can't wait to see all the friendly staff again so if you have booked for this hotel I'm sure you will have a brill time

Room Tip: Sea view room are lovely
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Newquay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Don't know why people moan.. this hotel was very clean , friendly staff, the food was above standard, but remember you are in Africa not Europe. All edible and I can say that as I'm quite picky in what I eat ....although the weather wasn't quite as good the staff did all they could to make your day go by if we didn't get out to sun bathe . Alex was brilliant..... English was very good . You may not see your bacon and eggs , but as I said there was always something there. Plenty of coffee from the machine and your drinks all day . We also met plenty of friendly people and had a great laugh...

Room Tip: Over the sea views
Darlington, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 days out of a 1 week holiday and that was too long. Although we knew it was a budget place it fell below that standard maximum 2 stars. The food was edible but poor quality. No staff are on hand in the restaurant for breakfast to show you to a table, if you can find one without a ticket already on it as guests pin their all inclusive or half board cards to the table for their whole stay and staff allow it to happen. You have to tip to get service instead of tipping for service. The entertainment staff are pleasant though. Do not book with lowcostholidays the rep will pounce on you as you arrive and try to force you to book an excursion before you have time to relax. Monastir is a nice quaint place but totally dead in the winter. Trust me if you want a place with some life after dark in March do not go here.

We upgraded ourselves to the Movenpick in Sousse for the rest of our holiday and loved it. Also if you search for hotelopia an Italian booking site they are half the price of any uk site another case of rip off britain.

In summary Sousse is a far better town with some life to it and do not go to the Delphin Ribat unless you are happy with very basic accomodation and low quality everything else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We went to Monistir on the 12th Feb for one week, and did not realise it was thier winter, As did not alot of other holiday makers! However the weather cannot be any reflection on the hotel and i'm just so glad we chose this hotel, having had to stay at the hotel for most of the time, the staff made it amazing! They are all so hard working and happy. Always getting us involved in activities and putting on entertainment. The hotel itself is lovely, and they were cleaning the pool all week. I dared to go in, although it was freezing! There were a few leaves in there as nobody has been in while its not so hot. People complain about anything and take pictures of a few leaves. DJ Sam comes in every night to entertain 6-9pm and he is lovely! Really down to earth. We would definatly go again but in the season which starts at end of March I think. Oh and there is an indoor heated pool anyway so i don't know why people complain.

Room Tip: We had a pool view which was nice but the sea view looked breath taking with the rocks. Most sun is...
liverpool
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Booked a week here from 10th February. Checked Tripadvisor before we booked, liked the reviews and the photos that were posted. Since we returned the photos have changed. Surprise surprise. The photos advertised when I booked were of the hotel next door. The Delphin Habib.
This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. It does not deserve to be rated 3 star. A low 2 star would be sufficient. The food was repetetive. The salads looked very watery and not fresh at all. If you like chicken and potatoes you will be ok. There was always young lads cooking the eggs, pancakes etc in the morning . They were not old enough to be chefs and looked like they could not be bothered. The snack bar outside was closed due to it being slightly out of season. This you could expect I suppose at this time of year. The snack bar inside consisted of a small table ( and I mean small ) with a few baguettes that was made up from left over from the lunch table and a few pastries. The tray had a plastic lid over it that people never put back on . So most of the time it was left uncovered. If you wanted a coffee you were given a cup and told to make your own from the coffee machine . It was disgusting coffee. If the machine was not working ...you did not get a coffee. The ai drinks was good but you had to take your empty glass back with you. My husband was joining me with a bottle of wine. He went to the bar for a beer and was asked where his empty glass was. The look he got when he said he only had a wine glass. Would you really drink a beer from a wine glass. The outside pools were filthy. Cigarette stumps, plastic bags, dirt and a layer of slime on top of the children's pool.I suppose it was still out of season and as it was very windy and cold you didn't expect to be in the outdoor pool. So......you decide to use the indoor facilities you say. Not in a month of Sunday's. Where to start. Whilst the pool water looked ok the rest of it didn't. The cushions for the sun loungers OMG they were filthy. Stained and dirty. The shower areas were mouldy and filthy., One of the changing rooms had a massive hole in the ceiling with plaster board hanging down.If all you wanted from a hotel was to sit round and drink yourself into oblivion every day then this was the hotel to be in. When the hotel management found out about my dismay at this hotel. They did ask me what could they do to make me happy.They offered me a free spa treament at the small beauty room they had. They offered me fruit baskets also. I told the manager how disappointed I was at not being able to have a swim indoors as it was filthy. I told him unless he could bring in new loungers with clean pads on and knock down the showers and re build them there was nothing they could do. He did say" You were aware this is a 3 star budget hotel when you booked ". My answer to him was " That is not the point, this hotel does only warrant a low 2 star rating ". Funny enough he seemed to agree. We had the services from our Transort Transfer Services Company A 2 B Travel they were brilliant . They came over to our hotel and had a look round at my complaints. They were ashamed at what they saw. They even phoned the owner and made him come over to see them.His answer was it was only a 3 star hotel and he would do his best to clean it up. HE DID NOT EVEN SPEAK TO MYSELF. The paint work on all the balconies was all peeling and in desperate need of repair. I was approached by the maintenance man and asked why I was complaining about his pools. He asked did I want him to pray to the gods to stop the winds......mmmmmmmmmm . Says it all.......We asked our holiday company to move us on the Wednesday. We ended up moving to The Mahabra Royal Salem at out expense. This was the best decision we had made. We paid for excursions to get us out and away from the Delphin Ribat. My husband and myself are not snobs in any way. We all work hard for our money and expect to go on holiday to relax. By the Wednesday I was so stressed. Enough was enough. Believe or not believe my review it is up to you. Never again. No spa either as advertised as you walk in.

New Forest National Park, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed here for two weeks over Christmas for some winter sun. The sun did not disappoint and neither did the hotel. I thought it really good value having paid £150 for two weeks AI on a single occupancy. I found the food to be good even if a bit repetative over two weeks. There was always something to suit my tastes and the chips - for you chip lovers - were proper chips. If you like and want your "full English breakfast" this is not the place for you. No bacon, no sausage, no baked beans, but there are eggs cooked as you like and there are waffles, pancakes and some nice freshly gooked doughnuts. Lunchtimes and evening meals are what you would expect from a three star AI.

The service overall I found to be good, always helpful and hard working staff. As with other Arab speaking countries I have been to I always tip with one dollar US notes and this works well here too, and a regular tip goes a long way to getting good service at the bar.

The room I had was a sea facing double so good for the sunrise and not too noisy considering the road in front of the hotel. Good for people watching and cringeworthy moments watching three up on a moped, a regular occurance. There was one idiot on a motorbike regularly doing wheelies up and down the road at night which was a pain in the backside at times. All in all sleep quality was good as I had a nice big double bed, but the room was in need of some TLC though adequate for my needs. The room had heating/aircon but at night I turned it off and slept with the patio doors open for a nice breeze and the sound of the waves on the beach.

This was my first trip to Tunisia and this hotel is well situated for the town and a stroll around the harbour etc. The big let down for me was the rubbish. There is rubbish everywhere and it looks to be the same in other towns as well. I felt I was lucky as I did in fact see the roadsweeper one day and also got a glimpse of the rubbish truck. I'm pretty sure they do not have more than one of each going by the amount of rubbish, but if anyone should spot more please let me know.

In conclusion, this is a good value hotel for those on a tight budget whose expectations do not depend on "English" food. The people are friendly and you will get the usual hassle when shopping in the medina.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Delphin Ribat? Share your experiences!