“Turned out to be a lovely stay.... Please read” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vincci Nour Palace Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Monastir
Vincci Nour Palace Resort
You added Vincci Nour Palace Resort to your Saves list
Zone Touristique Mahdia - Monastir, Monastir, Tunisia   |
Ranked #21 of 46 Hotels in Monastir
Chesham, United Kingdom
“Turned out to be a lovely stay.... Please read”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had an initial nightmare of an introduction to Mahdia and the Nour Palace. We picked the holiday due to short flight time to Tunis and it was out first holiday with our 2 year old boy. The transfer was 3 hours out! The way back was 4.5hours with five hotel pick ups! Therefore we paid for a 7 day hol but got a 5 day one! We arrived early hours of morning in the end and given the most awful room, road facing, very basic, clean, but not maintained well with light fixings missing etc. To top it off, no cot for our baby and initially they expected us to put him on the pull out sofa! We asked specifically for a ground floor room and were put upstairs with a balcony that our little boy could definitely climb over. The next morning we arrived to a cattle market of a breakfast, there was nothing we could eat, and after having read the reviews of people getting stomach bugs etc I panicked, particularly for our little boy. I went to reception, I was sobbing, I was desperate to go home..... I was taken in by a lady called Manelle. She went through everything with me, explained there was a doctors convention hence why it was so manic in there, and after that day it would be quieter. I told her about my fear of the food after reviews, she told me that we could order anything we wanted to be made fresh and brought to our rooms if we wished, and she moved us to a lovely large ground floor room, with up to date furnishings and clean (room 1016). Everyday we were brought fresh breakfast to our room, the waiters remembered our order. Every day I saw Manelle checking the food hall before opening for guests. All the staff were wearing gloves when cooking, and food was being made fresh at every station. Beach was being maintained ever day desite being early season and not many people being there. Soft drinks were branded, alcohol not great, waiters always rembembered your drinks order at meal times. Food displayed with care and attention. Bottled water provided at all times. The only criticism was we were given little info on the workings of the hotel so found things out along the way, it would have been good to have been given a synopsis of hotel on first day. Towels had seen better days. But having stopped at so many hotels on way back to airport, I popped into each and realised that Nour Palace was by far the Tunisian interpretation of 5 star. Despite other hotels looking nice at reception, toilets were broken, decor was worn etc. Resort is very quiet so dont expect a party, busy holiday, nights are quiet. Best to go between Apr and June, not sure how they would cope high season, plus lots of Russians there that time of year. Sadly the ridiculous transfer time will out people off, although it does keep the riff raff away on a positive note!

Room Tip: Pick ground floor facing swimming pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Nour 'Palace' hotel really is a palace, with beautiful architecture, marble pillars and floors and continual things to do, it is a fabulous place to stay. I can't believe how little we payed to stay in such luxury. Of course English 5* hotels will never be the same as foreign 5* hotels, especially somewhere like Tunisia so don't expect to have the same standards as you would here but everything was always clean and tidy and the staff continually made you feel like $1million. The "Animation" (entertainment) team kept you entertained all day and evening with shows every night and activities all day (of which of course you could opt out of if you wished and sunbathe instead). There was volleyball, aerobics, archery, darts, belly dancing classes and all sorts. There hotel has its own private beach on which you can do all sorts of watersports - we went parasailing which although only lasted 5 minutes and cost 25 dinar (£10) it was well worth it. We also chose to hire a car and visit Sousse, El Gem and Monastir as well as take an arranged trip on a pirate ship and go camel riding. Anyway.. we were all inclusive so had unlimited access to drinks, including wine, beer and any spirits and 3 set meals a day as well as bar snacks in the afternoon. The only thing that put a downer on the holiday was suffering from salmonella poisoning... I think maybe to avoid the fresh fruit and salads as I think it gets washed in local water which us Brits are not used to. Make sure you drink bottled water, don't have ice in your drinks (I think it's homemade) and only eat bread and cooked food. There was a lot of choice of what to eat, so we were happy. I am already planning my trip back here next year.....

Room Tip: If you have a family, pick a room that faces the sea, preferably at the end furthest from reception...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Room and hotel resort:
Room was very clean and comfortable, every day new towels and cleaning. Hotel resort is in comparison with Tunisian enviroment in general very very clean and nice. Hotel staff ok.

Beach and sea:
the beach is very clean, water crystal clear, good place for swimming, if you enjoy sunshinig and beach relaxing this is very best place for you. In comparison with other hotels in Mahdia was this beach the best one.

Food and restaurant:
contrary to the look of the hotel the restaurant is not so nice, the overall look = like an average restaurant, the dishes are very old and very used. I think that there is a lack of proper hygiene in this restaurant place, i dont saw the kitchen, but i think rather not to see, the food looks nice, but you have to be careful what are you choosing, I recommend the food that is baked before your own eyes like pizza ... but the hygiene of the food, waitress and overall restaurant is i think very similar to what you see outside on the streets of Mahdia, not worst but definitely not good enought. And always check the dishes before using them because in most cases you will find some piece of old food sticked on. These restaurant place was the only disturbing thing on whole vacation.

Conclusion:
This hotel is definitely best hotel in Mahdia, consider the beach, resort, hotel interior - exterior, event possibilities, i was on the vacation with my girlfriend and we had great time in this place ... My recommendation for vacation in Tunisia, do not try to spare few bucks on the amount of stars, you will definitely regret that. I will recommend this hotel and i can say that i would visit this hotel again, but as I said before be careful with gathering !!!

Room Tip: Definitely the sea view rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Penzance
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I have just come back from my stay in Tunisia and 2 weeks at the Vincci Nour Palace hotel, Let me start by saying i was caught out by not realising that it was a full 3 hours from Tunis international airport where my friends and i flew in.( our own fault ) After arriving in the middle of the night first impressions were good, looked clean and tidy. No complaints with the room i found it to be comfortable and adequate. What really spoiled my stay was having food poisoning after the first couple of days eating in the hotel. I was very ill and after reading similar comments there seems to be a real problem here.
Also the dining experience is NOT a pleasant one, the waiters almost circle around you like sharks making you feel uneasy. I went to help myself to another bread roll only to discover in the 30 seconds i had gone my plate had vanished. Either there bored or looking to be efficient but it will annoy you eventually.

The Hotel entertainment is probably the worst i have ever seen in my entire life, Hotel staff were friendly and helpful though and always tried to help.

The beach is ok but alot of rubbish on it that was washed up while i was there but no ones fault.

Definitely recommend using the train station opposite to visit places as the taxi's will try to fleece tourists.

Room Tip: garden view
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Ljubljana, Slovenia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Great location, next to the train station, so you can hop on the train to visit Mahdia, Monastir or Sousse.
Nice hotel, friendly staff, good food.
No complaints.

Room Tip: Make sure you go for the sea view.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011 via mobile

When I read other reviews on this hotel i was a bit worried. I noticed that trip advisor has the vincci nour palace hotel elderador and the vincci nour palace resort - these are the same hotel as far as I can tell. Let me start by saying that the transfer time is just shy of 2 hours which I myself didn't mind as I was able to see what Tunisia was like on my way to the hotel. The reason behind the transfer time is they built a new airport and the new one is obviously further away from the old one. This makes Mahdia a sleepy hollow now. The hotel itself was lovely and very clean, however I would only give it a 3+ rating. It's definately not a 5 star as advertised and you would be pushing to give it a four. I rate it at this for many reasons, a few being: the rooms are basic; the food choice is not five star; there are no waiters round the pool asking what drinks you would like - basically all the little touches that would make it five star are not there. The hotel is mostly full of Russian, German and Arab people. Hardly any Scottish, English, Irish and this is noted in the hotel shop where there are no English newspapers and only one English tv channel. The pool area is lovely and very large. It's kept clean every day by a guy called Walid. The entertainment team are fab and can speak 5 or 6 languages which is very impressive. They start the day with a stretching class followed by aqua arobics. There is volleyball, football etc on during the day and then a step class or arobics about 5ish. The hotel is right on the beach and its true, the beach area right outside the hotel is the best around. The entertainment at night is really catered for kids. The food is limited but there is enough there. A trip to the market on Fridays is good and you can pick up a bargain as your getting approx 2.5 to the £1 at the moment. Remember and haggle tho which us actually good fun when you get into it. Basically if you want to go for a week of pure relaxation then its perfect. There are a couple if trips to go on during the day and everyone stays in the hotel at night. Remember its an Arabic country so there are no pubs/alcohol outside the hotel.

• Stayed July 2011
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011 via mobile

I love the beach of mahdia, however this hotel is missing the 5 stars hotels' services qualities in every field. In this area I recommend you El Mansoor hotel, I have been there two times and we love it,

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Vincci Nour Palace Resort? Share your experiences!