4 of us, in 2 rooms came to this hotel in October 2012 for 2 weeks all inclusive. Overall, it was a really good holiday & we definitely want to come back at some point!
1) The animation team were great, especially Kiki at the Archery!
2) Although most of the other guests were German, French or Italian (the resort has only recently opened to the English), the animation team could speak a English very well & included English in their results (this is specifically for Archery, I can't really speak for much else.)
3) The measures at the bar were quite large, & not watered down!
4) The food was mostly good, although it does get repetitive. The desserts were delicious!
5) The snacks inbetween meals are tasty & readily available.
6) The entertainment at night is great - Mrs & Mr Djerba Menzel is hilarious, & the Cabaret night is very good!
7) Easily accessible market down the road & a museum/tour/crocodile park (a couple of dinar in a taxi from the hotel) are great!
8) Whether you like the pool or the beach, you have both on offer which are clean & look lovely.
9) The other holidaymakers (English or not) were all lovely! Some great friendly competition in the different activities.
10) Beautiful surroundings if you take a walk along the sea front - some great picture opportunities.
11) Lots of animals! I love cats, so I didn't mind there being cats. You're told not to feed the cats at the table (there is a designated cat feeding area out the front of the hotel) but many people do. There's also horses that come onto the hotel grounds before they go off on the rides.
12) The rooms were clean, the cleaners did their job very well & often made shapes/animals from our towels.
1) Apart from the Animation Team, the rest of the staff didn't speak English very well - it was very hard to communicate with the reception staff - if you have a problem, go to your rep!
2) We had ants in our room for 75% of the holiday - complaining to reception did nothing, even after the hygiene guys came in. We eventually got moved after our rep got involved.
3) Be wary of the trips offered - the all day trip that was around 70 dinar each that went to where Star Wars was filmed & said it went to a market in Douz is AWFUL. an 11 hours trip, & we only spent 1 hour off the coach. The price of a camel ride isn't included in the trip & you're pressured into doing it (we still declined, which meant an hour sat in a cafe doing nothing).
4) I don't believe the horses/equipment are that safe - one horse had a rusty bit in its mouth (all the other were fine) & you didn't get hard hats - as a horse rider, I know the dangers of this & I wouldn't get on my own placid horse without a hat, never mind one I don't know!
5) In October, the bar shuts at midnight & the staff seem very eager to go.
6) Again, in October, the air con was turned off, which was pretty uncomfortable some nights.
We often sat at the same table at night, & we got to know our waiter - he always had our bottles of water waiting for us (these were free) at our usual time! Great service!
You get a bottle of water per room per night to take up with you, just go to the bar at the bottom of the main staircase.
As others have said, don't get a menzel! We had a heavy downpour & many of these flooded. The hotel rooms are worth the extra money.
Have some dinar ready if you want to use the table tennis bats & balls, or the golf clubs - you have to put a deposit on them every time you use them, which you get back at the end. Check the times at the animation box before you plan to do something, as it closes for a hours at lunch time.
Generally it was a lovely stay, Kiki especially made out stay brilliant & we hope to return soon!
- Also Known As:
- El Mouradi Djerba Menzel Hotel Midoun
- El Mouradi Djerba Menzel Midoun
- El Mouradi Djerba Menzel Hotel
- El Mouradi Djerba Menzel Djerba Island, Tunisia
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Olotels, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your El Mouradi Djerba Menzel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.