“4* well deserved” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Joya Paradise

Save Saved
You added Joya Paradise to your Saves list
Joya Paradise
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Zone Touristique, B.P. 357, Midoun, Djerba Island 4116, Tunisia   |
Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Midoun
“4* well deserved”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Just returned from a fab holiday staying at Joya Paradise. 1st time in Tunisia and enjoyed every minute. Hotel, restaurant, staff and animation team 1st class. Would return right now if possible but will have to wait till next year.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Tripoli, Tarabulus, Libya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was in this hotel from 17/10/2013 until 19/10/2013. During my short staying I recognized that this hotel is very clean with very kind and helpful team, also the relaxation and food were very nice even the views and decoration. At the same time the furniture is quit old but still good.
The location is very nice. At the end I advice any body who looking for relaxation to go through.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Feltham, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have just returned from joya paradise tunisia.i enjoyed my stay Ahmed on reception was so helpful always greeted me also hasna was also so friendly and helpful i will be returning again in june 2014.I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Bucharest, Romania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

1) When I went to reserve I was received by MR AHMED A ¨FOX¨ be careful of this man.
First of all when I told him I will be reserving my double room with booking .com for 8 days , he tried to give me a discount of 10 % then 15 %.. I finally reserved thru booking.com like this if any complains they and their clients can be aware .
. When i came with the baggage to check in , with a copy of internet reservation, he was very surprised i did not take up his offer and suspicious of the price and was double checking on my ipad several times and even going thru my confirmation emai on my ipad.

then he was interviewin g me like a suspicious policeman about my origine, background, business activities etc...finally to shut him up or help his curiousity..i gave him my visiting card in which it states my company name and my title as president among other personal details.
still acting like a cop, he insisted to keep my British passport even after making photocopies,He gave it back after 2 days when i insisted i needed it to move around town.

he then wanted me to pay in advance 8 days of stay..I suggested he makes copies/print out of my 2 silver debit cards and i pay the final bill on departure , which was the normal procedure in most hotels.He refused this suggestion blaming ¨¨accountant instructions ¨¨.
Finally i suggested i pay CASH in advance every 48 hrs and he agreed.
Also this hotel wants to extract money at every occasion!!
.Let me give you some examples.
1) SAFE DEPOSIT PAY 20 EUROS DEPOSIT (REFUNDABLE) AND 1 EURO PER DAY ¨¨RENT¨¨ NON REFUNDABLE.
2)TOWELS FOR BEACH 20 EUROS DEPOSIT (REFUNDABLE) AND 1 EURO PER DAY PER TOWEL NON REFUNDABLE!!
3)BREAKFAST IN ROOM ; PAY SERVICE CHARGE FOR DELIVERY 5 EURO PER COUPLE!!
4)HARASSED BY TOUR ORGANISER 3 TIMES IN FIRST 2 DAYS FOR CAMEL RIDES TO TOWN (ABOUT 2 HR TRIP).
I RODE A CAMEL AT THE BEACH, A 7 MINS RIDE, AND I CAN TELL YOU ITS VERY STRENUOUS AND UNCOMFORTABLE AND ONE NEEDS A SOLID BACK .... NOT RECOMMENDED FOR PEOPLE OVER 40 OR FOR LONGER RIDES ( MORE THAN 15 MINS OR SO).
I STAYED IN A SUITE AND WHEN I COMPLAINED (SEE PHOTOS) THEY SAID I WAS GIVEN PRIVILEGED ACCOMMODATION BECAUSE I HAD THE TITLE OF PRESIDENT OF MY COMPANY!!
THIS HOTEL IS NOT EVEN 3 STARS AND IS VERY DIRTY (I HAVE LOTS OF PHOTOS AS PROOF).
IT IS VERY NOISY ALL DAY WITH KIDS RUNNING AROUND THE RECEPTION, SHOUTING AND SCREAMING ALL DAY AT THE POOL SIDE (WHICH IS ABOUT 50 TO 100 METERS AWAY FROM ANY ROOM).IN THE EVENINGS ONE CANNOT SLEEP BEFORE MIDNIGHT BECAUSE OF THE LOUDSPEAKERS BLASTING AWAY
THE SONGS AT THE POOLSIDE TO ENTERTAIN CLIENTS EVERY NIGHT.
SIESTA IN THE AFTERNOON IMPOSSIBLE FOR SAME REASONS (LOUDSPEAKERS AND KIDS SCREAMING )..THIS HOTEL IS A ¨¨CIRCUS¨¨
DUE TO LACK OF TIME I WILL NOT WRITE MORE HERE.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I was contented. The staff from room service...it was so nice, how they make the swans and other things. This make me always happy. :) Our room was good, quiet. The blue cover and facing in room and in bathroom was sweet.
The staff was always kind and helpful. The is not so important the money like the contentment the guests. I feel it so.
U have at disposal the photographer, u can have photo with the sun, camel everything.
The pool was perfekt also for the child and often was there program. There are 2 pools.
The trips was perfekt, u can alwys became it in your languages ;) The best delegate was Lotfi and also Samir. :))
Beach was not far and always so clean. The sea was good,warm and after also refreshing.
This holidays was the best! :)
Don´t forget that´s in hotels near from sea and in this hot clime have it more difficult like the hotels in Europe!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with a friend over the weekend. First inside the room, the towels were dirty, no shampoo, no gel shower. Second day, room service forgot to put towels. This hotel was rated as 4* but what i found couldn't be even 1 star. Room furniture was quite dirty. You can see even some wall paint on the sofa.
In short, this was the worst hotel ever i have been in.

• Stayed March 2013
France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

From the moment we checked in to check out, the hotel staff were superb. Maybe it was because we were the only English guests in an all French hotel. The rooms were large, with a separate seating area and a huge bathroom. The restaurants were spacious, cool and the food was to die for. Plenty of entertainment if you wanted it, but with a fabulous pool and plenty of sun beds it seemed a bit superflous. Our only slight complaint was that the music round the pool was too loud. As soon as the management discovered this it was turned down and peace reigned. A wonderful week, we will certainly repeat it next year.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Joya Paradise? Share your experiences!