On arriving at the hotel our 4 year old daughter said "Are we staying at a castle?" The hotel from the outside was impressive.
We were greeted with cool refreshments and taken to our room quickly.
The room was spacious and spotlessly clean. It had a small kitchnette with most things you would need for self catering, however no tea towel.
There was a separate bedroom and 2 bathrooms. 2 sofa beds were in the lounge. You could get another kind of room on 2 levels for the same rate but with 2 small children our room suited us perfectly.
The hotel is conveniently situated in the Medina. There is a small supermarket nearby where you can get basics, but we found a larger supermarket which is a 5 min ride in a taxi that costs 2 dinars where you can get basically anything you need.
The beach is a 5 minute walk and is well worth a visit. The sands are lovely, clean and the sea warm.
Carthage Land is worth a visit, its no Alton Towers but the kids really enjoyed it. There's also an indoor play area - Ali Babba which is great to get the kids out of the heat of the day.
A visit to the local Medina is a must, but be prepared for the locals! We found that if you went into their shop then after that they left you alone.
The thing that made our holiday was the staff in the hotel. They could not do enough for us and the children. Nothing was too much trouble. By the end of the first week our 2 were running up to them for a cuddle. We felt that we had made friends therer. We enjoyed our holiday so much we are going to book at the same place next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Diar Lemdina Hotel" is situated in the heart of the Medina Mediterranea, the pearl of the new tourist resort of Yasmine Hammamet- 300m from the sea. To stay in the residences of Diar Lemdina Hotel remains a privilege which permit you to discover the intimacy of Medina with all the comfort of the 21st century and get involved in the events planned during the year. Diar Lemdina Hotel offers you the choice to lodge in one of three blocks "EL BOUSTEN", "ERRIADH" or "SIDI BOU SAID" in the middle of their gardens and their private swimming pools. The Hotel Diar Lemdina includes 190 suites and 40 double rooms . 190 suites are :12 junior suites, 59 are senior suites, 112 are Ambassador suites, and 7are Royal suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and HostelBookers so you can book your Hotel Diar Lemdina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diar Lemdina Residences Hammamet
- Diar Lemdina Residences Hotel Hammamet
- Residence Diar Lemdina