We stayed here between 13th April and 20th April and couldn't fault it. On our arrival we were informed we had to wait for our room for about an hour which we expected as we arrived early. When we went to our room however there were only 2 single beds but there was myself, my husband and his 13 year old son. My husband went to reception who apologised and within no time got another room ready for us with 2 double beds - plenty of space. The room was a good size and was very clean. The balcony was a good size too.
The food was great plenty of choice for everybody with meals cooked to order at some stations. All of the staff were really friendly and couldn't do more for you. Even without tipping they saved a table for us for every meal time.
We prefer the beach which is about a 5 minute walk from the hotel grounds so we headed off there to find no beach bar, toilets or sun loungers. There were some loungers a bit further up the beach so we sat on those only to be told they do not belong to the Belisare and we were told to leave. We lay ourselves down on the sand under one of the few sun brollies only to be interrupted an hour or so later by staff from the Belisare with sunloungers for us. Next thing we know they are erecting a load more sun brollies and toilets and a food/drinks cabin turns up. We thought it was a great touch that they specifically brought loungers down for us seeing as we were the only three on the beach at that time. They cleared the beach of seaweed and debris left over from the winter and really made an effort to make it nice. Obviously we travelled there just out of season so they were just getting ready for the Summer.
The entertainment was fun. The animation team really put an effort into it and seemed to be really enjoying themselves which in turn we did the same and enjoyed it.
Lovely place, great people, fab holiday will definitely come back to this hotel. Thankyou all for your hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel lies directly Hammamet - Yasmine (Tunisia) and just 200 m from the beautiful sandy beach. Family-friendly complex. Lively entertainment program. Just 5 km from two golf courses. Thalasso - therapy centre with different treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Medina Belisaire & Thalasso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Belisaire Hotel Hammamet
- Iberostar Hotel Belisaire
- Iberostar Hotel Hammamet