We have just returned from a relaxing break at Iberostar Belisaire. Iberostar describes this hotel as follows:
“The Iberostar Belisaire hotel is a top All-Inclusive accommodation on the beach in Hammamet-Sur, in Tunisia. This family hotel, specially designed for families with children, is just over 7miles from central Hammamet (Tunisia). This modern resort with a private beach in Tunisia and 276 rooms offers an extensive programme of entertainment and fun for the whole family, as well as an exquisite gastronomy.”
· ‘Top’ is pushing it. The hotel is fine. The rooms (a bit dated) are fairly large and clean. We found the beds comfortable, nice to have a fridge to keep bottles of water in. The shower did vary between cold and scalding. Our room was overlooking the smaller ‘quiet’ pool. The main pool area was nice, but loud with ‘entertainment’ in the morning. We always found a sunbed, although not right next to the pool.
· The hotel is not on the beach but the beach is only a short walk away. There is an area on the beach for guests at the hotel – we didn’t have a problem finding a sunbed. Whilst on the beach we were constantly approached by men trying to sell things, but if you just say no they do go away. There were also men in the hotel trying to sell excursions, but again, just say a clear no and they will leave you alone. The beach was packed with watersports and parasailing etc. and the prices didn’t seem too bad, if you like that sort of thing.
· The hotel seems good for families. We don’t have children so can’t comment on the ‘kids club’ – only that it’s available for a couple of hours in the morning and a couple of hours in the afternoon. The evening ‘mini disco’ started at 9pm each evening.
· The entertainment team had plenty of staff and they worked hard. They were enthusiastic but if you don’t want to join in with anything and just say no, they will leave you alone. Daytime activities seemed to be the same everyday, so we would not describe the programme as ‘extensive’. We like to join in with things in the evening and so did take part in some of the shows – a lot of the evening entertainment did involve guest participation. The ‘entertainment’ went on until at least midnight; some of it seemed to go on just that bit too long. We did not try it, but the spa facilities seemed expensive and other guests seemed to be complaining / having problems with the 'spa man'.
· The ‘exquisite gastronomy’… We liked the food, but would not describe it as exquisite. We went for breakfast once and it was OK, but we decided we’d rather lie in and then have lunch. At lunch and dinner there was always a good variety of chicken, fish, vegetables and salad – which we like and so were quite happy. There was also pizza, pasta, desserts and ice cream. The waiters are quite attentive and make sure they keep topping up your drinks – some will remember your drinks and have them waiting for you on arrival. Bar staff were all friendly and the service was generally fine. There is a ‘dine around’ option with other Iberostar hotels in the resort. For these speciality restaurants you need to book 24 hours in advance, but we found these got booked up quickly and so only experienced two. We had ‘Thai and Indonesian cuisine’ at the Iberostar Belisaire hotel – it was OK and nice for a change from the buffet. We also quite enjoyed ‘Arabic delights’ at the not-too-far-away Iberostar Solaria hotel.
The resort itself didn’t seem too exciting– although we didn’t explore much. We didn’t go on any of the excursions so can’t comment. We had a nice time and would recommend this resort if you just want to lie down and relax in the sunshine.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Belisaire Hotel
- Iberostar Belisaire Hotel Hammamet
- Iberostar Hotel Belisaire
- Iberostar Hotel Hammamet
- Iberostar Belisaire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel lies directly Hammamet – Yasmine (Tunisia) and just 200 m from the beautiful sandy beach. Family–friendly complex. Lively entertainment program. Just 5 km from two golf courses. Thalasso – therapy centre with different treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Belisaire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.