Maybe this hotel was a 5 star hotel 20 years ago but now it's not even worth 1 star! The facility is literally falling a part and is very dirty. As proof of it I took some pictures. (Unfortunately it's impossible to report the awful smell throughout the hotel, but believe me, nothing worse than that in my life and I've been traveling A LOT!)
The room was big but there was no king or queen size bed, just 2 single beds one beside the other (with a space in between). The curtains were broken, the mini-bar was empty, the TV must have been 20 years old too, the safe didn't work, everything in the room was old and dirty.
The bathroom was big but the toilet flusher was broken and the brusher must have been 20 years old too. Also the ban was broken. Towels were old as well.
All definitely not a 5 stars quality.
Besides this, the food was disgusting and, as fortunately in Hammamet restaurants are quite cheap we spend the last 3 days eating out despite our all-in. The hotel was supposed to have several restaurants and bars but as a matter of fact, because of low season there was only 1. The travel agency forgot to tell us.
Breakfast til 10am (not really a holiday time) and dinner til 9pm!!!! And in both cases stuff was taken away from the buffet 15min before closure.
Another "surprise" was that there was no free internet in the rooms, the gym and the SPA weren't free as well. Fortunately the crew working at the hotel saved this very sad experience, as they were (almost) all very kind and gentle. So in the end we could use the gym for free...well have a look to the pics of the gym and see yourself if that would be worth paying for!!!!
Then I had a visit to the SPA, must say the people working there are very kind, but the sauna and turkish bath were rather cold!
It's a shame this place is sold as a 5 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Saphir Palace Hotel offers 5-star hotel accommodations just steps from Yasmine-Hammamet Beach. Our hotel is a perfect spot for travellers in search of a peaceful, enchanting Tunisian holiday. During your stay, enjoy our tasteful and fully-equipped guestrooms, deluxe gastronomic selections, and entertainment options that will exceed your expectations. Enjoy an unforgettable Hammamet experience any time of the year - only at the IBEROSTAR Saphir Palace Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Iberostar Saphir Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Saphir Palace Hotel Hammamet
- Accor Saphir Palace Hammamet
- Sofitel Hammamet
- Hammamet Sofitel