We had a two sea view interconnecting rooms which were cleaned on a daily basis. Bathroom was great with a walk in shower and also a bath tub with a hand held shower. The Bed was too hard for my liking but others in the party found them to be very comfortable.
I personally thought the food range was excellent, there was something different every night. In the morning you could have freshly made pancakes and in the evening you could have various different pasta dishes prepared for you while you wait. The desserts on offer were very delicious, I found myself eating far too many throughout the week.
The evening entertainment during the winter season is located indoors, in the bar area. If you are wanting to go to bed early you should ask for a quiet room because the noise echoes up to the rooms located above the stage. I think it quietened down at 11 most nights.
Service from most staff was excellent. The life guard would bring mattresses for the sun loungers, the waiters remembered which table and drinks we preferred, the bar staff kept the drinks flowing, however two specific staff on reception would rather natter to each other or answer the telephone instead of acknowledging that customers are wanting service. On two occasions I was unable to exchange money immediately, no reasons were given, I was just told to come back tomorrow and come back in 30 mins???
My daughter used the outdoor pool even though it seemed a bit cold, but most of her enjoyment was spent in the indoor pool, which was much warmer and a good size and never seemed too crowded.
Although I thoroughly enjoyed my holiday in Tunisia, I don't think that I would return (the locals spoil it by pestering you). I can recommend the Iberostar Saphir and will definitely use the Iberostar chain in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Saphir Palace Hotel offers 5-star hotel accommodations just steps from Yasmine-Hammamet Beach. Our hotel is a perfect spot for travellers in search of a peaceful, enchanting Tunisian holiday. During your stay, enjoy our tasteful and fully-equipped guestrooms, deluxe gastronomic selections, and entertainment options that will exceed your expectations. Enjoy an unforgettable Hammamet experience any time of the year - only at the IBEROSTAR Saphir Palace Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Iberostar Saphir Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Saphir Palace Hotel Hammamet
- Accor Saphir Palace Hammamet
- Sofitel Hammamet
- Hammamet Sofitel