“amazing times” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 124 Hotels in Hammamet
IJmuiden, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“amazing times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I went for a week to Tunisia with my parents and sister and it was a week we will never forget. Everybody was so nice and everything was perfectly arranged.
The animation team was great. 3 young boys full of life and always with a smile. They had volleybal, waterpolo, aerobics, table tennis and lots more.
Even when we were playing cards, Coco of the entertainment team joined us and played along. We danced and laughed en they made our holiday one we will never forget.
I will definetly come back just to see all of them again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
JamesB39981, Quality Manager at Vincci Lella Baya, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your wonderful review here on Tripadvisor and for having chosen our Vincci Lella Baya for your visit to Hammamet . It is a pleasure hear how much you have enjoyed your stay among us and that you even have rated your stay ¨. It is a very encouraging compliment to hear that we have been able to fulfill your expectations with the unique services and excusive facilities we offer with our Vincci Hoteles concept.

Once again, on behalf of the entire team of Vincci Lella Baya, we would like to thank you for your friendly words and compliments here regarding our exclusive services and unique facilities. It would be a great pleasure to welcome you again at our establishment.

Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Please read this fully to gain a great understanding of this hotel, the service & area. To start off, this is an all inclusive hotel, if you are one of these brits that moans if a foreign hotel doesn't offer nuggets, fishfingers and chips every day, then please go to search & type in "Benidorm" or "Butlins"

~ The Hotel

Most of these type of all inc. hotels are fairly samey, large buildings, big square buildings and rooms. This is what attracted us to the Vincci lella baya, and it didnt dissapoint. The whole place has lots of character & the way it has been designed is superb, see my photos for a better idea. When we pulled up on our transfer everyone else on the bus was saying "wowww"

~ The Staff

You arrive at reception, there are many nationalities at this hotel & all the staff speak minimum basic level of all of them which I find brilliant. Reception are always polite & helpful. In the restaurant the waiters are great, we often used the same small waiter that covered one corner of the restaurant, he was always helpful & attentive & for that reason we often left small tips. Not one member of staff EVER gestured or looked like they were asking for a tip which I found good too. The chefs were great too, I often went to the grill & the young lad there once saw me walk up see there was none cooked so I left and sat down. 5 minutes later he came over with a player of grilled chicken & chorizo for me. Again, little attentive things like this leave a great taste in your mouth (No pun intended)

The BEST are the 3 animators, Coco, Carlos and Pawlo. These three young guys work tirelessly throughout the day and night to keep everyone happy and entertained. If you dont want them to bother you they just let you relax, otherwise they get games like table tennis, volleyball, water polo, anything, we even had a game of Uno with them! Theyre very competitive and often wind each other up during team games which is so funny! But they are always up in the morning, they talk many languages and make everyone feel welcome. They also provide the entertainment at night which can be great, often very funny also. Theyre great with young ones too with a kiddies disco before the main entertainment every night. one friday we wanted to go to nebeul market, it was Coco's day off. So he offered to take us, it was superb, he was like a private guide! He showed us how Tunisians get around which was interesting too. He even bought us gifts to remember the holiday by which was a lovely touch. So we bought him one in return. Again things like this make the whole holiday a great memory. we will definitely be visiting these 3 guys again soon!

~ The Food.
The food was always a good variety and always had some authentic tunisian food on offer. I enjoyed trying all sorts, and I enjoy meat, to which there was always plenty available. Always veg, potato, bread, fresh salad, soup...LOTS of different fruit and deserts. If you cannot find anything to fill you up then you have issues!

~The Room
Our room was nice and spacious, decent bed, great view of the sea and ALWAYS kept clean.

~Facilities. Free WIFI which most hotels dont offer, Also Safety boxes were only 3 dinar a day or something, so for a week it would cost you about £10. So much cheaper than in greece and spain where it can often be 30-40Euro.

A special note also to the photographer Tatyano. He is a very nice person and friendly, we played Uno with him too! We had private photos done on the beach and he was BRILLIANT. He even did edited some for us, and we were over the moon, superb quality and great value.

The pool area was always clean, never saw anything bad in the pool. Private beach was nice with bar too.

Over all, I would visit again and again. we would often walk along yasmine looking at other hotels thinking "thank god were at this one" Another great touch was a by a gentleman called hedi (I think) I started chatting to him after he changed some money for me. In the end he asked my room number and when we got upstair that evening he had left a HUGE bowl of fresh fruit. Again, personal touches like this really make you feel welcome.

bad Points (Trivial)
~ The only real sour taste was the barman at pool bar. he was SO slow. he would often be wiping something, and just casually carry on as lots of people waited. He just didnt care and rarely smiled. he also accused me of getting all inclusive drinks for non all inclusive guest to which angered me and left me feeling uncomfortable around him for the days afterwards.
~ Tennis - they have tennis courts, the first day we went to play we were given rackets and balls free. The next day we were told it cost 7.5Dinar. Now I wouldnt mind, but the rackets had no grips and the balls hardly bounced. If you are going to charge then the equipment should be adequate in my opinion. Now many wont mind, but I was looking forward to playing as I play back in England so it was a shame.

All in all, unless you are paying lots of money for a top of the range 5 star hotel, you wont find better than this. The value for money is the best, great staff, great service, great hotel. A holiday we will always remember

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are the best!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
JamesB39981, Quality Manager at Vincci Lella Baya, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Our main goal being to offer a dream holiday to our guests we sincerely appreciate your encouraging comments and are glad to read that you had a lovely holiday at the Vincci Lella Baya.

We also want to thank you for your nice comments towards our animation staff, their enthusiasm is contagious and they strive to offer a wide variety of leisure and sport activities throughout the day as well as entertaining evening shows for the amusement of our guests.

Moreover, the passion for gastronomy is one of the prime pillars of our company and we greatly appreciate your praising comments on our buffet offer

Once again, thank you for your visit, we hope that you had a pleasant journey back home and to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in our hotel at your earliest convenience.

Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We booked this hotel for 1 week in Sept 2013, and we had a great stay. The staff was very friendly and always tried to have a conversation with you. Also the animation team was organising nice activieties such as volleyball and football on the beach, waterpolo, aerobics, pingpong, etc.
The hotel is definitely the most beautiful one in the area. The hotel is clean and the rooms are very spacious.
My husband and I celebrated our wedding ceremony there on their private beach, as the hotel offers a very nice package for this. We had 33 guests all staying in this hotel, and all we were satisfied.
The only thing that could improve a bit is the food. It was certainly okay, but not much more than that. There was variety and there were days that I liked almost everything, and days that I didn't like it much, but it was not something bothering me a lot.
Overall, I really recommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear ,

We greatly appreciate the time you spent to share your recent holiday experience at our Vincci Lella Baya hotel and we thank you for your strong recommendation to Tripadvisor’s readers, we are always glad to read that our guests bring back home some beautiful memories of their holiday among us.

Once again, thank you for your praising review; we hope that you had a pleasant journey back home and to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in our Vincci hotels in the most beautiful destinations worldwide.

Rothwell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

A beautiful hotel with a stunning architectural design. It ticks all the boxes and will highly recommend it anyone. A nice swimming pool, good cuisine and value for money. The hotel is situated in a good location. I personally had a wonderful experience and would love to visit again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sandra,

We also appreciate your praising comments on our gastronomy offer as in Vincci we know that meals are a very important aspect of our guests' overall holiday experience, this is why our professional Chefs strive on a daily basis to prepare a wide variety of typical local dishes as well as the best international delights in order to please all palates, it is very enjoyable to read that we could conquer yours.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

The staff are warm and welcoming upon arrival and continued to be so throughout our stay. The food was always freshly cooked and there was always a good selection. The hotel is beautiful and well presented. The quality manager is always happy to help and is on hand to ensure all guests are happy.

• Stayed April 2013
JamesB39981, Quality Manager at Vincci Lella Baya, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear guest,

In the name of the entire team of the Vincci Lella Baya, I would like to thank you for your confidence in our hotel. Your loyalty is greatly appreciated and we feel honored you have enjoyed your holidays with us .

Your friendly words regarding our excellent team of staff are highly appreciates and a great source of motivation to continue with the pursuit of the highest level of quality service and customer satisfaction for our guests. We will ensure that your compliments regarding the attentive and excellent service provided will be shared with the entire team.

Once again we would like to thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us here on Tripadvisor. It would be a great pleasure to welcome you in the future again at our Hotel Vincci Lella Baya.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Have been staying at this Hotel, several times a year for the last 3 years but never written a review!

The rooms are comfortable and the service at the hotel is impeccable and it feels like coming home staying here.

The pool area is one of the nicest.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Kyiv, Ukraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

It is not my first time in Hammemet, but Vincci Lella Baya is the best hotel!
Incredibly beautiful design of hotel.... Orient fary-tale!
Wonderful garden, big swimming-pool!
A lot of delicious dishes in the restauraunt, different cuisine!
Very good bar in the first floor you can even smooke good shisha here and watch TV)
Always clean around!
Funny entertaiment team!
Thanks for everyone!!!!!

I am very happy that I have chosen this hotel!
I recommend it for my friends and I will definitely come again!!!!!!!!=)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Kind regards,

Been to Vincci Lella Baya? Share your experiences!