“NOT FOR ADULTS !!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 126 Hotels in Hammamet
london
“NOT FOR ADULTS !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Myself & partner had 10 days holiday on October. Don't get me wrong the staff, hotel and food were all good, staff very attentive if you tip them...but this is definitely not a holiday unless you have kids!!!!
During the day there is a few things going on around the activity pool with extremely loud music.
The private beach is the best and very impressive.
The slides are entertaining if you like that sort of thing, If you fancy a walk out of the hotel, forget it... there is no where to go , and the few shops that are out there are very limited.
The evening entertainment is poor.. it is sitting around watching kids throw there selves all over the lounge floor.
There is a sports bar, which does have a little entertainment, but you have to pay for the drinks.
Talking of drinks, I have never been on an all inclusive holiday where you could drink alcohol all day and not get drunk, as the drinks have hardly any alcohol percentage in them.
I was not also over impressed with the reps from first choice, I found them a little immature considering they had to deal with adults sometimes
overall, if you want a sun holiday, with kids and are not bothered about going out and about, don't mind no evening entertainment and happy to drink so called alcohol (soft drinks) then this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Polish first
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

One of the best holidays we've ever had, great for families , loads for kids and the grown ups to do, the first choice entertainment team were excellent , esp billy , who bless him had his back waxed for charity, kids club s were excellent also , we sayed in manar 1 n themed rooms were amazing, food was lovely, beach was lovely, staff were lovely , Cudnt fault a thing, were going bk June nxt year for 2 weeks this time n taking more family with us, would deffo recommend this hotel , drinks n cocktails amazing too:)) wouldn't go anywhere else but holiday village now x

• Stayed September 2013
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We have just come back from a wonderful stay at this hotel. We stayed half term week so from 27th October - 3rd November 2013. I stayed with my husband and two boys aged 8 and 1.
The rooms were fantastic, we had a superior family suite with two bathrooms, bedrooms and a lovely lounge and balcony. I was a bit worried going to Tunisia with my youngest as you hear a lot of stories about cleanliness etc but honestly i couldn't have been more wrong. I have never been to such a clean hotel. The staff were constantly cleaning all day and evening. My little one is a crawler and none of his clothes had a bit of dirt on them for crawling around the inside of the hotel.
It was just amazing place with a great selection of food and the staff worked tirelessly to ensure you had a great time.

Brilliant points for those of you with young children:

Blackout curtains in all rooms
A children buffet which wasn't piping hot so your little one could eat straight away
Highchairs
Bottle warmer, sterilizer and microwave in the main dining hall, all very clean
Baby inflatable seats provided by the hotel all around the pool for you to use with your little one
Brilliant creche - first choice staff, in particular Alastair and Sam were fantastic with my youngest.
Cot in room was brilliant, proper wooden cot with mattress.

As for my 8 year old, well we didn't really see him! He adored the kids club and for a child that is quite quiet he got really involved and made lots of friends, this is all part of the price you pay but the creche is extra.

It was our first family holiday away and it was just excellent.

Only two very, very minor points i would add would be that the pool was freezing!! I may be a wimp but it was far too cold for me but my children loved it and plus there is a warmer inside one! And the tea in the mornings could be a little warmer, the water was a bit luke warm but like i say very minor points!

I will most definitely be booking a holiday village next year, it is absolutely the way forward for a hassle free family holiday with a package that thinks of everything for your children.

Room Tip: I would ask to stay in Manar 2 if you have a family, it is a lot quieter over this side and you face...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband, our two boys aged 10 and 6, and I stayed here btn 16-30th October. We had a fabulous time. Our family suite was lovely, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, lounge and two huge balconies with sea views - only drawback was that was only one plug point, but having read previous reviews we had taken an extension cable, so no problems getting all things electrical charged!!

Grounds were kept immaculate by the gardeners. The whole complex was well looked after and clean. There was a good selection of food for breakfast, lunch and dinner which on some occasions could have been a bit warmer. The waiters work tirelessly from morning to night to look after guests and always have a smile on their faces.

But what really made the holiday was the First Choice staff. Hannah, Charlie, Nate, Jay, Helen, Billy, James, and all the rest were so friendly and hard working, going beyond the call of duty at the end of such a long season!!

The hotel is now closed for the winter and is getting a major refurb - just one suggestion, please get rid of the grass around the pool areas, it's not that pleasant constantly having muck on your feet after getting out of the pool!!!

Will we go back - definitely yes but only if the same staff are there to make our holiday!!!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Me and my family stayed here for 11nights 16-28 oct. I can't wait to book again for next year. I have 2 boys aged 6 and 3 and they were in tears when they realised we had to come home.
Rooms were great, we stayed in a family room overlooking the complex and see.
Food again I couldn't fault, always lots on offer for us all, the BBQ was brilliant although I would of liked more on my plate :)
Pools and beach wer brilliant, we stayed mainly around the activity pool as that's were most of the entertainment was.
Night time entertainment was also very good for the little ones.
Staff, well me and my husband both said we couldn't believe how friendly and pleasant they were.
Not much outside of the hotel but there is seriously not much need to go out the complex.

• Stayed October 2013
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Have done our fair share of all inclusive hotels and have to say this has to be the best. Food,staff,accommodation,activities all very good.
Although all the swimming pools are of a high standard we ended up spending a lot of our holiday on the hotels private beach were the lifeguards were very good at looking after everyone's interest's.
The camel rides on beach were great fun and cost between 10 - 20 Dina--
Good value.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in October for 1 week with 6 year old ds. Two weeks may have been too much but lovely for a last minute week away.

Hotel felt very remote but may have just been that end of season feeling with everything shutting down around us.

Kids clubs were great we had no issues getting a space but sessions were limited to 16 kids and heard a few complaints about that. Great sessions though and the staff were brilliant with the kids my son loved the chocolate party!

Lots of activities if you want them the high ropes were fun big thanks to the lovely rep abbey who even loaned me her trainers to do the course.

Food was average but could find something most nights lovely salad bar.

Been to 5 holiday villages now and have to say its the worst i5live we have seen. Really amateur and far too much carry on amongst the team on stage seemed to forget who their audience was. Sorry guys I know you work hard but it was pretty poor.
Overall great holiday but wouldn't rush back

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Holiday Village Manar? Share your experiences!