We had a wonderful honeymoon at the Phenicia. We stayed a week, August 11-18 2013. The resort really made it for us. 90% of what I have to say is positive.
The room was beautiful, modern and clean. We were very close to reception, in room 1002, so we had free wifi all week. There were two single beds, made up into one huge king size bed. The room, and the hotel, were beautifully clean. Our balcony looked out onto the gardens, and was bathed in sunlight every morning.
The food was incredible. So much choice, and so much variety every day. The food is served endlessly. We had a wonderful waiter at the main restaurant. We did Le Dragon asian restaurant one evening, which was free on our package. The food was incredible, and the staff were super-friendly in there. We enjoyed Le Berbere as well, outdoor dining in traditional bedouin-style tents. The pancake man at breakfast every day is a superstar.
The beach is stunning. Absolutely gorgeous. We had pre-booked the Sentido Plus package, so we had guaranteed sun loungers every day, right near the seafront. We loved seeing the camels walking past every day.
We visited both the new and old Medinas, and also Nabeul market. We thoroughly enjoyed those experiences. The wine tasting at Chateau Bacchus was delicious. Friguia animal park was amazing, especially as my wife got to feed a giraffe from her hand.
A few problems-
1. On the Sentido Plus package, certain items such as bathrobes and slippers should be provided in the room. Our items were missing. I had to get the Thomas Cook rep to speak to the hotel, to get our items brought to us. We finally received our items the next day.
2. Also on the Sentido Plus package, coffee making facilities in the room should be filled up every day. This was not done for us. It took several reminders on various days before this was done. We should not have to remind the hotel to give us what we have already paid for.
3. Our rep clearly informed us that our package included free late checkout. When I went to reception on our final day, I was informed that we could not have late checkout, since a new guest was checking in to our room at midday. This is not acceptable. For guests who have late checkout as part of their package, the hotel should ensure that their rooms are not allocated to a new guest until later in the day.
4. I tipped the lounger attendant at the beach every day, very handsomely. We always used our prebooked loungers in the second row. However, on our last day, the attendant forced us to move off our loungers in favor of another man. I can only presume this man had given a bigger tip. This was a disgusting way to be treated. Service should not be dependent on the size of the tip given.
Overall, a very happy honeymoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully situated on the East coast of Tunisia, SENTIDO Phenicia spreads between a fine sandy beach and a garden of 11 hectares where mix generously Palm and Olive trees. For your comfort, the rooms of the hotel all endowed with balconies or terraces offer you fantastic views between the gulf and mountains of Hammamet, swimming pools, or gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your SENTIDO Phenicia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Phenicia Hotel Hammamet
- Iberostar Hotel Hammamet
- Iberostar Hotel Phenicia
- Iberostar Phenicia Tunisia
- Iberostar Phenicia Hammamet