“Excellent hotel but does not need animation !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SENTIDO Aziza Beach Golf & Spa

You added SENTIDO Aziza Beach Golf & Spa to your Saves list
SENTIDO Aziza Beach Golf & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue Assad Ibne El Fourat BP 128, Hammamet 8050, Tunisia   |
Ranked #12 of 124 Hotels in Hammamet
Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel but does not need animation !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Just got back from this excellent hotel sun 10 th June after a 2 week break.
You won't be disappointed with this hotel. We would return here gladly.
There are however a few niggles which I will explain later.
The hotel is in a quiet position on the outskirts of Hammamet and you are quite safe to walk outside for a stroll after dinner.
The hotel has a large pool area with plenty of sunbeds and garden terraces to sunbathe. A few steps from the pool area and you are down on the hotels excellent beach.
You can walk either left or right along the beach but beware of the beach sellers,they are a nuisance and sell nothing but junk ! Do not make eye contact with them and give them an emphatic no ! They will leave you alone then.
I tried to be friendly to one of them and he offered me free fruit...I did not want it but he insisted and opened the fruit up for me to eat....not once but twice...I repeated I did not want anything and then he wanted money for the fruit he had opened ! I gave a pound coin the only money I had on me and he called me all sorts of names etc I saw him many times after that on the beach and I just ignored him and all the others.But I must emphasize that it is very safe to walk on the beach as each hotel has security staff. The sellers are not allowed to approach you if you are on your sunbed and they certainly are not allowed inside the hotels grounds.

In the pool area there is a bar serving drinks from 10 until 5 pm. The bar on the beach was not open when we were there but I believe it will be open soon.

Regarding rooms, they are first class and modern with a large bathroom and separate toilet.
They are cleaned everyday and you have fresh towels everyday etc. There is a fridge in the room and you have two bottles of water replenished everyday. One still and one sparkling.
However there is no tea/coffee making facilities.

The food in the hotel is excellent at breakfast / lunch and dinner.
The AI drinks are acceptable but some people were saying that depending on which bar you were in some drinks were better than others.It all depends on the individual.

Now the niggles !

1... The hotel is adults only but has animation round the pool area during the day.
Although only low key, we still found it intrusive and annoying at times. Majority who go to this hotel want to chill out, that is why they picked an adults only place.
Note to management 'PLEASE MAKE THIS A NO ANIMATION HOTEL'

2...The towels that are issued to you for the sunbeds are not big enough, so you need to bring an extra towel. Some people were using the towels from their room.

3....The pool bar use hard plastic glasses and I did not think they are washed and cleaned properly. Some of them were also chipped. So I would suggest bring your own plastic glasses.

The above are only small niggles and won't spoil your enjoyment of the hotel.
All staff are brilliant and can't do enough for you.
Well recommended for adult travellers

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

If you want to go away for a week, and pretty much lie in the sun, eat well and chillout, then this would be agreat choice. This was my criteria when searching a holiday.

Returned yesterday from Aziza, what a great way to spend a week relaxing in the sun. The hotel is clean, bright and spacious, with very attendant staff who are keen to help and super friendly.
The rooms themselves are spacious, we had a sea view which was really cool as well.
The private beach,with soft, white sand, has security personnel to ensure only guests are using it. They cold do with removing some of the seaweed though!
The beach sellers, with all sorts of tat, are reasonably persistent, but just give them a firm no, and they leave well alone.
Pool complex is clean and well kept

Do's

Go for a sail on the catamaran, this is part of the Ai package.
Go to the waterspouts centre to the right of the beach. We went on a tandem jet ski for only 80 dinars (£35 ish for 20 minutes)
Eat in the a la carte International restaurant. Food is delicious, and you feel v well looked after
Tip the staff - you'll be amazed how much 1 dinar (40p) means to the workers. And they're worth it.

Don't

Expect Wi-Fi. Can get online, though it was pretty unreliable. Hardly a massive thing, but in case it is important.

Al in all, a great trip. Wish I was still there!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view on 3rd floor - no noise from people staying above you
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We have just returned from the travel agents after rebooking a 10 day stay at this resort for early June 2013. Why have we rebooked? we stayed here from the 20th to the 30th May 2012, this was our 3rd time to Tunisia, this hotel is by far the best we have stayed in and this Hotel and the staff are the reason we are returning and of course the weather, which we have never done before, this was an amazing break everything was fantastic. We are not sure where to start about this break. The hotel is lovely everything is clean, the staff are friendly and welcoming, always helpful. The rooms are a good size and clean with everything you need. The restaurants were fantastic in particular the Tunisian and the International Restaurant, the food was fantastic so much choice always fresh in particular the strawberries were the best we have tasted !!!! the Hotel atmosphere was so relaxing. We would like to mention the animation team every one was friendly without being pushy, always willing to stop for a chat in particular Rio it was a pleasure talking to you. We would like to name all but but there is many to name i would need to write a book. The pool was cleaned every day lots of room for all guests on the the sun loungers. We also met some lovely people while staying there which was another reason this was a fantastic holiday and to those we say hello. We cannot wait till next year to return. The beach was nice and well looked after just a few steps from the hotel. So nice to walk along after too much food !!!
To the staff, keep up the good work it is worth it. If it is a relaxing holiday you are looking for then this is a place you should try.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Canterbury, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

This was such a good holiday, would recommend it to anyone!
Hotel staff were really friendly and very welcoming, rooms were clean and the day-time entertainment (aqua-aerobics, pilates etc) were great :)
Definitely will be going back!
Katie

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

This hotel is wonderful!!!! The rooms are very spacious and modern. The staff are great, really helpful and friendly without being pushy. The food is amazing (glad I only stayed a week dont think my waistline could take any longer, lol!!!!), lots of variety with something for everyone. The Tunisian restaurant was exceptional, with a silver service experience, make sure you wear something loose fitting all five courses are delicious. There's plenty going on an evening, local entertainment in the lobby, with a relaxing bar area, then there is the pub (downstairs) with popular music. I really enjoyed my stay at the Aziza Beach the only things that where a bit of a disappointment where the cleanliness of the resort and beach and although this is an adults only hotel on two separate occasions during my stay there where children present!!! Overall a very relaxing holiday at an exceptional hotel. Thank you Aziza Beach

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Devizes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Just returned from a weeks all inclusive at the Aziza with my husband, this was his first trip to Tunisia and the second time for me. The hotel and rooms are clean and modern definitely better than some other hotels we have stayed in. Rooms are large with plenty of storage space - they also have a fridge and electronic safe which many other hotels in Tunisia do not seem to have, the one I stayed in at skanes had a room just off the foyer full of safes which meant we had to carry a key around with the safe number displayed on it. Our room had a separate toilet from the bathroom, the bath was big with a shower over. Large comfortable double bed. Nice big balcony with table and 2 chairs. Food choice at the buffet was excellent catering for the adventurous or those who prefer to play it safe. The only thing we found was the chef did not seem to be able to keep up with cooking the fish and meat on the hot grill and more often than not we had to wait for him to cook the food and fill up the trays so you could be standing around for five minutes by which time there was quite a queue and dishes would be empty again. Also the trays of various precooked foods were sometimes not as hot as we would expect. I suffer from coeliac disease which means i cannot eat gluten which is found in wheat products, I always take a dietary card with me explaining this in the local language which i show to the restaurant manager. The chefs always took me around the buffet and showed me what i could eat and i had no problems at all. I cannot comment on the a la carte restaurants as we did not eat there - they had a set menu each night rather than a choice of dishes and because of my coeliac i would have had to ask them to cook other dishes especially for me which i think they would have been happy to do but i was quite happy with the buffet choices. The pool area and beach were never crowded and very quiet. All the staff were very attentive and helpful - we always tip because we appreciate that they work hard to make our holiday enjoyable and never had to wait for a sunbed or sunshade. Likewise in the restaurant and bar drinks were served promptly. Our waiter could pull my chair from the table with one hand while pouring a glass of wine with the other as soon as we arrived at the table! The entertainment was low key background music and some acts (snake charmer, belly dancer, magician) in the lounge bar area. Downstairs there is a pub with more up to date music. There is a disco on the resort which is not included in the cost of the holiday, we didn't use this facility so cannot comment on entrance price or the music choice. Out and about is certainly an experience from the narrow medina full of sellers trying any trick to get you in their shop to heading into the non commercial part of the town where you can walk without being hassled. A few tricks they try are I work at your hotel i am your waiter/chef they can look at the band on your wrist and name the hotel - turn the band over so that the colour isn't obvious. These guys are trying to get you into shops they work with. A firm no and keep walking if you feel intimidated also wearing sunglasses helps by avoiding eye contact. On the other hand have a bit of fun and barter ridiculously low - you'll think you've got a bargain but they will get the price they eventually want. The area outside the hotel looks a bit worse for wear - many buildings empty and some damaged from the revolution in 2011 when they were trying to remove the president. The new government have already started making changes for the better and hopefully things will improve slowly - yes there is litter on the streets and grafitti on walls but all countries are different and its all part of the experience. I would definitely recommend the Aziza.

Room Tip: Sun in the evening on hotel side overlooking the town rather than the pool and sea.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from a seven day all-inclusive break with my wife and two adult sons. We booked on the strength of the TA reviews and were not disappointed. Everything was just as other reviewers say, and we had a great time, although we all put on a bit of weight!
There seems little point in looking elsewhere for an all-inclusive holiday in the Med. as accommodation, food and weather all as you would want.
The staff are very attentive and the odd tip helps, although not expected. We made a point of tipping the people who may not normally make that little extra.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to SENTIDO Aziza Beach Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!