“Excellent experience of a truly well run Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ClubHotel Riu Marco Polo

You added ClubHotel Riu Marco Polo to your Saves list
ClubHotel Riu Marco Polo
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Hammamet Yasmine - BP 35, Hammamet 8056 , Tunisia   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Special Offer
EARLY BIRD SUMMER DEALS
Ranked #19 of 126 Hotels in Hammamet
Plymouth
“Excellent experience of a truly well run Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We've just returned from a week's stay at the Marco Polo.
After a somewhat dismal drive from the airport, across rubbish strewn desert, we arrived at the hotel and were instantly impressed by the standards presented.
The place is spotless, very friendly and massive!
The pool is the largest in Tunisia, over 1000sq ft!
The rooms are comfortable with good air conditioning, the staff very polite and friendly.
The food is great, a lot of variety and, being a hub of different cultures, fusion cuisine is very much the norm.
The Animation Team are simply brilliant - keeping spirits high, encouraging participation and just bringing a wonderfully energetic vibe for everyone.

Room Tip: Ignore the hotel blurb about not reserving sunbeds - everyone else does, especially the other wester...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
  • Polish first
Torquay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We have just arraved back from an amazing 2 week stay at this hotel. We travelled as a group of 8 with four teenage girls. This is the second time to Tunisia and were pleased that the hotel exceeded our expectations.

We arrived late in the evening after a diect 40min coach transfer with the hotel as the first stop. We were all greated with warm friendly smiles, directed to the bar for a drink whilst our cases were taken to our rooms by the porters.

In the morning we attended the welcome meeting held by Mark (More about him later). At the meeting were ALL of the hotel Senior Management. This was a nice personal touch and they meant their statements that they were approachable to assist with any query.

The hotel was immaculate and someone was always cleaning. The weather was hot hot hot.

The rooms we had were good and clean but expected a bit more of a special touch if we were to tip as advised. This never happened so stopped tipping the maids halfway through the holiday. Did not detract from this great holiday and continued tipping other staff when received great service . Tips are only small at 1-2 Dinar (40p-80p) every other day to selected staff.

The girls loved the entertainment team with their daily and evening activities. They tried their hardest especially due to being the start of Ramadan where they cannot eat or drink from sunrise to sunset. An amazing task in the unrelenting heat.

Now for Mark the First Choice rep. What a great asset First Choice have with him. He has so much pride in his job, with nothing too much trouble. He will make you laugh and give you a fair, honest opinion every time. (If Mark reads this PING, PANG, PONG).

All the staff were freiendly and helpful at all times. The food was fantastic with a varied choice. The drinks for an all inclusive were also reasonable with plenty of choice.

I would highly recommend you visit this hotel as I beleive you will not be dissapointed especailly if Mark is still there. The girls have already asked me if we can go back there again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Tunisian management need to recognise that 4 and 5 star means service included. Without constantly tipping Tunisians they can be very rude and aggressive if they don't get their own way. Pay your staff more and stop the tipping culture...

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Last year we stayed in Disney World, Florida (in one of their hotels), this hotel was just as grande, if not better! The staff were all amazing and the animation team were brilliant for everyone!

Mark, our First Choice rep, was such fun and joined in with the team too. Book excursions through your rep and not touts! Also, listen to their advice with the area.

Room was perfect, make sure you book a sea view, and perfectly cleaned everyday! The perfect ad relaxing holiday with just the right amount of entertainment to keep you going.

Food was also amazing, both restaurants were lovely and was different every night! Will definitely go back!

10/10

uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Just returned (29th July) with my 2 two teenage sons from a week stay at the Marco Polo.
First impressions far exceeded my expectations and felt very much at ease straight away.
The room was kept very clean and the food was nice although a little repetitive, but we never went hungry (and with teenagers thats something to be said!).
The pool was fab and amazingly clean considering the amount of people I saw coming off the beach and jumping straight in rather than use the showers available by the pool to wash it off.
Tourman, Ahmed, Selmi from the pool bar were so lovely and so friendly, greeting you like you were friends rather than customers.
The sunbed issue only effected us on the day of arrival (we didnt arrive to lunchtime) but after asking one of the pool boys he quickly found us 3 beds. The only issue was not enough parasols, this needs to be looked at as when it got to 45c+ it was unbearable to be on the sun lounger without one and 3 times we couldnt find one so had to go and sit in the lobby over midday to shelter.
Travelling all this way to Tunisia of course the one thing we wanted to do was a camel ride, however First Choice only had the 2 day trip which included this.. not at all helpful if like us you were only staying for 7 days, maybe first choice need to look into this and add an excursion that you can camel ride for a morning/afternoon. However there is a guy who walks around the hotel pool/lobby offering his camel excursion and I took the chance and booked it.. No regrets!! it was amazing and everything he promised happened.. His name is Habib and a lovely honest man so if your about to go to Marco Polo and are approached by him for a camel trip (45 dinar) its legit and we had loads of fun, food & drink were included too.
We did book the Zulu trip and this was very enjoyable, but cover up and take water with you as it gets very hot. The animation team work so hard and my eldest son loved taking part in the pool/beach games then of course the dancing later.
Ok so to the bit that spoiled my hol slightly was the fact my flight bag got taken from my room, nothing in it apart from sun lotion and the bag wasnt expensive but it was the principle of the matter. When I left my room I always double locked it, but more often than not when I went back in after the cleaners it wasnt double locked.. i'd left my bag in the wardrobe above the safe so I was quite upset that it had been taken, but i couldnt prove I'd left it there so there was nothing that the management could do..
Mark our rep was more than helpful and a bundle of joy!, I hope First Choice realise how lucky they are to have him work for them.
Overall a great holiday and I was definately considering going back but if I'm totally honest the bag incident did leave a sour taste and so I'm not really sure if I would..
Tips.
Haggle in the hotels shop.. The bag I bought I got down to half price though being stubborn.

Try to spend all you Dinars before you leave the hotel because the Q's at the airport just to get through passport control leave you no time at all to even get to the cafe let alone duty free.. We waited 40 mins to get through and then waited 25 mins in the cafe Q and still didnt have enough time to get served before they called our gate.

Room Tip: 2082 our air con was pretty dismal and room was very warm. Sea view but had to go the the far left...
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I booked to go here for the first time as a birthday treat for my mother, i have been on many holidays and find the Marco Polo to be one of the best. We were met at reception with a warm welcome, we were taken to the bar and ushered to sit down and booked in from there, essentials regarding the hotel i.e the 2 sittings at dinner and how to book a table were explained. I thought this was an excellent idea. The 2 sittings for dinner i also thought was a good feature as you always knew where you were, had the same waiter and all tables were cleaned for the second sitting. Yes the sunbed situation needs addressing but we managed. The pool is massive and was THE warmest pool i have ever been in. The staff are excellent, i arranged flowers for my mothers birthday and the reception staff made sure they we the best and i didnt have to worry, i was also offered a cake and although i declined i saw quite a few being delivered to various tables and they did not disapoint. Tourman at the pool bar, Farouk, Ramzi and Dahouda at the recption Bar, Jalel in the restaurant all were to be commended. The food was very good, a lot of people moan about all inclusive that it gets "a bit samey" well if you pick different things it doesnt. The rooms, we found were clean and we had no complaints about our cleaner Amera. We enjoyed it so much we have already booked to go back next year this time with 2 extra family members and looking at the room availablity for next year when we were booking we are not the only people going back. The drinks are plentiful, if a little weak but you are in a Muslim country. The animation team work very hard from first thing in the morning to last thing at night and considering all the nationalities they have to speak to and cater for i thought they did a very good job. The welcome meeting was good and didnt last too long, the departure meeting was also a good idea and did help. We booked the V.I.P on leaving and believe me is worth every penny. Overall for the money and with a flight of 3hrs you cant go wrong and if anyone moans about this hotel its just "brits abroad syndrome"

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I have just returned from a week's holiday at the Club Riu with my sister her daughter and my two daughter's, and we had one of the best family holiday's ever.

The staff were friendly and helpful and the programme of activities offered by the animation team both day and night were geared for everyone to take part in and with a large variety to cover all tastes. The kids club is hotel run, but safe to leave yr children there, as the youngest of our girls went and enjoyed her time with them.

The evening shows were exceptionally good, and although the animation team are not professional performers they excelled themselves, and put a lot of effort into providing entertainment again for all.

Being two women travelling with young girls and having read reviews before leaving, I was apprehensive about going, as some reviews were not favourable, but the people who wrote these reviews must have stayed at a different hotel.

The food on offer is great, lots of selection and having a fussy eating daughter, she never went hungry and always found something she liked, the standard is good never had a bad meal.

If you are looking for a good Hugh quality hotel for a fun filled family holiday or a couples holiday or a break on the beach, this is for you.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to ClubHotel Riu Marco Polo? Share your experiences!