“Chilled out with wonderful staff” 5 of 5 stars

The Orangers Beach Resort & Bungalows
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   BP 7, Hammamet 8050, Tunisia   |
Ranked #13 of 128 hotels in Hammamet
Colne, United Kingdom
“Chilled out with wonderful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Had a great time here on our 1st visit, the staff were very helpful and friendly without needing to be tipped.Drinks 24/7 if required and plenty of places to eat ALL INCLUSIVE. Activities during the day organised by the animation team if you want to join in (Archery was my favourite) and shows in the evening for the younger ones and later for the parents some had audience participation. The private beach is beautiful and one member of our party said it was like walking on fresh snow only warm, if you want to have a ride on a camel speak to Ahmed the older man he will do a fair deal and take you to one side to get on if you are nervous, the younger ones will just try to rip you off.Once again I will mention the animation team who do a wonderful job keeping the guests happy and laughing.

1,394 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
Alderley Edge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Just got back today having had another fab week with 2 other girlfriends. As other reviewers have suggested Enfidha is a nightmare but fortunately for us we didnt have to wait terribly long and transfer was the usual 45 minutes . Once we arrived staff greeted us like family (bless Kaola on reception she is so lovely) Ben , Monty and all the usual suspects were there with big hugs ! We all had deluxe rooms and yes a little TLC maybe needed but so what ? Spotlessly clean and the beds are so comfy ! Also balcony furniture has been replaced with wicker chairs . Food as usual great , one evening the restaurant manager said to my friends and I that chef would prepare anything we wanted !!Puddings and pastries ????!!!! Enough said !!! (Hitting gym tomorrow) !!! Bar and waiting
staff , again enough said , these people can't do enough for you , our lovely waiter Ayachi has looked after us on all 4 occasions and we love him ! We did venture out a little (not too far) !! And 1 went back to a great bar called the 60's where every Friday night Zed play , who alternate with Zanzana @ Les O every Thursday . This is a great little bar, and we were made to feel extremely welcome. Back at Les O we met some lovely people , many of whom we have met on previous occasions and would appear that they are out with us in April 2014 !! (In fact it seems we may have a a big party on our hands)??!! Ents team are all ok , Arwa looking after the children Dina doing the darts etc however I guess they have had a long summer and are tired , in terms of being animated there didnt seem to be too much going on in the afternoon . All in all we love this place and would never consider staying anywhere else . My only problem ? I only have 6 weeks paid annual leave a year otherwise I'd go more than twice a year !! Go and enjoy , big hello to those of you going in April, hawaiian shirts for Thursday nights I believe ??!! Many thanks to all for great week xx

Room Tip: Deluxe or superior rooms away from lift
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

We came back to les oranges ( never re-booked same hotel before) due to the fantastic experience we had last year. We booked a superior room again and requested a high room which we got. Food excellent, staff brilliant and nice to see some new changes that has improved it ie new seating in courtyard, cleaner beach and kettles in the room. Weather was not as good but who can help that!
Booked for next middle of May, looking forward to seeing the new bungalow section.
Only bad points
WIFI!!!!!! Needs improving I would love to sit in the courtyard in the sun sipping a cocktail and surf the web, not much to ask for a standard of hotel it's wanting to be (new cushions can wait)
You need to look after loyal customers don't think you don't have to bother with them because they will come back - money is tight in the UK I want the standard I paid for, there is a lot of competition now you need to up your game

• Stayed May 2013
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We travelled to the Les Orangers Beach Resort on the 26th of October for one week,the airport transfer was a long drawn out affair we landed at 12.20am and finally got to the hotel at 3.30 am we had to sit on the bus waiting for other passengers,plus we had two Germans who got on the wrong bus,on arrival at the hotel we were allocated our Superior room 3109 with sea view which we had paid for so far so good.

The view from our room was overlooking the beach which was lovely,the room itself was not a "Superior room" in our opinion so just what a standard room is like I have no idea,the balcony doors scraped on the floor of the room making it difficult to open,handle on drawers in room broken,whoever did the tiling and mastic work needs to visit an optician,the room floor was not kept clean by the chambermaid,but as you only use the room to sleep and shower in it was sort of ok,plenty of wardrobe space and hangers,the rooms could really do with a professional refurbish.

Thats the only bad points of our holiday at Les Orangers,the staff are friendly and attentive,the food in the main dining room was fine there was always something you could find to eat,we ate three times at the beach front restaurant in the evenings ie Asian,Italian and Tunisian themes all very nice and its at no extra cost,you just book the night before at reception.Breakfast at the main dining room was also fine nice omlettes and large pancakes.

The beach was just outside our room, and there was always plenty of spare sunbeds even though the hotel was full,just tip the beach guys a dinar and they will put your beds where you want them,you can change your beach towels at the towel bar which is just between the swimming pool and the beach side block of rooms,the beach is a lovely sandy one and the sea is shallow for quite a bit so good for children,unfortunately it was very windy when we stayed and the waves were quite large but it didn't stop us going in the sea for a swim etc,the water was very clean.

On the beach there is a small burger place the guy makes burgers to die for,also paninis etc we used to get our burgers and walk to the beach restaurant and have a plate of chips with them and a glass of wine/beer.Also at 3.00pm you can have cocktails on the beach a different one every day,there are beer pumps and soft drinks available all day there as well.

Entertainment was very good the animation team do one show a week and the rest of the week we had different acts ie a live band who were excellent,a Tunisian night,Russian Dancers,Abba tribute group so no complaints there.

All in all we had a lovely time at the hotel,the staff as I said were brilliant except our chambermaid i must make a special mention to Mohamed and Maher in the Beach restaurant for their attentiveness and service and their jokes,please Mohamed I am not a German,the small waiter with moustache( sorry didnt get his name) who works in the area by the main square was always smiling and gave quick service,the receptionist in main reception was also very helpful as were her colleagues,the security man on the hotel gates was also most helpful and friendly.

We took a taxi to Yasmine Hammamet marina there is a ice cream parlour there Canari who have a wide range of delicious ice creams.Do not pay more than 7 dinars for the taxi.

So to summarise we had a lovely holiday we never used the swimming pool why when you have a beautiful beach on your doorstep,the hotel needs a bit of refurbishing and tlc,our room most definitely,we recommend you eat at the beach restaurant during the day,I would advise that anyone travelling there learn a few words in Arabic it helps,thats it well done everyone at Les Orangers Beach resort I dont know if we will return but I am sure others will and have.

Room Tip: Beach front block third floor if you want a quiet room
Warwickshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed here for one week beginning Sun 13th Oct 13. First time in Tunisia and enjoyed every minute of it. Great hotel, great entertainments team - full marks to Ti Ti for making the evenings very entertaining! We upgraded our superior seaview room to a deluxe on arrival and this was completed with no hassle or problems whatsoever. All staff were very helpful and polite, drink was good, beach superb, (had to dropkick the odd jellyfish onto the beach so that any children wouldn't get stung but they (the jellyfish!) were few and far between!). TC rep (Ondine), hope I've spelt that correctly was very helpful and the TC cabaret night on Thursday 17th Oct at the Eco village was excellent - well done to all!

We will return next year!

rotherham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The worst bits,Driving up to the Hotel is a bit of a downer as a large building programme is in progress on the drive up to the gates, looks a bomb site.
Once inside the gates things improve a great deal, the building work cannot be seen or heard.
The welcome meeting by the hotel is as good as any and you are soon dispatched to your rooms.
The hotel is oldish and the "brand new sparkle" is long gone.
The sun beds around the pool are ancient but very serviceable and the mattresses a wee bit thin.
All very minor details taking the place in all.
Having got these bit out of the way, The rooms are cleaned to a good standard as is the whole place, ladies are at it from early doors shining things up and the gardeners working hard on the outside area's, the paving and poolside washed down every day before most are up for brekky.
The gardens are a treat to look at and walk round, Have a look at the orange grove, Tidy.
The Restaurants, main and beech are in my mind very good indeed, fair choice's plenty to pick from and no lack of veriety, The presentation by the Chef's is second to none they must work hard to make things look so good, the cakes, the time's I heard people say " fab too good looking to cut into" then cut into 'em with relish.
The bars good, little waiting, waiters, hard to find better. A small tip was appreciated but not necessary service is just the same.
We stayed in April,Had a sea view room, very nice, liked it so much booked again for October.
On our return we were remembered and were given a warm welcome made to feel a bit special by all, But this is not unusual everybody waiters, cleaners, gardeners, reception seem to try hard to make all comers feel special and welcome.
The beech is good, shade or sun aplenty,enough beds and space to put 'em. "Bed men" spot on, same applies about tips as waiters.
Very nice place with very nice people looking after you, not perfect, but where is?
The BIG QUESTION would I go again? ANSWER you bet I would, you'd win.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are nice, but if you're not bothered about the "picture" standard rooms...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was really excited about this hotel after reading some great reviews however now I have returned from my holiday I have mixed opinions. If you want a holiday where you do absolutely nothing all day and night then this is definitely for you.
Bedrooms- the rooms were pretty basic but cleaned daily. There was plenty of wardrobe space and the bathroom was a decent size. My one complaint not enough sockets, 3 for the bedroom which was lighted by 3 lamps which meant doing my hair/make up in near darkness if my boyfriend was using the bathroom. There was a hair dryer provided in the bathroom, also bathrobes and toiletries (shampoo, conditioner and shower gel) the bathroom is clean & we got fresh towels daily but some if the stainless steel fixtures are quite dated & tarnished. There was a large air conditioning unit which did a great job at cooling or heating the room if you needed it.
The pool area- if you want a lounger in a sun spot get up early. I was down at 8:30 most days and struggled. There are workers who get you the cushions for the loungers and I reckon if you tip them enough they will keep the loungers you like/prefer. The guys were nice and helpful. The pool was really deep, at 5ft 9, I could only stand at the bottom quarter, I saw lots of kids playing without adult supervision which put me on edge as there was no life guards. There is a small shallow pool which I saw smaller kids play in. There is a snack bar by the pool open from 12-6, you could get pizza, burgers, kebabs, paninis, ice cream and doughnuts.
The beach- there is also an area the hotel owns at the beach with loungers. I only went once it was a similar set up with the loungers and getting cushions for these. There was lots of umbrellas and shaded areas.
The animation team- the first day when I saw the team trying to get people to go to aqua aerobics or stretching or games I was filled with dread. Luckily they were not pushy and accepted that we did not want to take part. They would always ask but were never surprised when we refused and would joke we were lazy. They put on a show every night, about 30 mins was the kids disco then a show from them. We only went to one and it was people from the audience playing party games which was funny but got a bit boring after the first 5 games. People raved about the shows but they are not my cup of tea.
Food and drink- as expected it's local wine, beer and spirits. No issues with wine and beer but local spirits were not the best. Also depended on who served you to how strong this was. Soft drinks were proper coke, fanta etc. The waiters were all great and would walk round the pool area to serve you saving you from getting up from your sun spot. There was no cocktail list or anything which I was disappointed with. The food was varied. For each meal there was huge selection and although this was repetitive over the week you could easily have something different every day. Breakfast consisted of breads, meats, cereal, fresh omelettes, eggs and crepes. Lunch was at the beach restaurant you could get stir fry and pizza made also lots of salad, soups, hot foods and deserts. Dinner was in the main area and again there was a huge variety. We got food that was freshly cooked on the grill I would be wary of this as mine was cooked but my boyfriends was not. The waiters were great at dinner making sure you always had wine and water and very chatty. We also went to the Asian al a carte, however you didn't pick what you wanted but were brought out 6 different courses. The food was ok, I love food and a lot of the buffet was bland or tasted the same. Also it is a buffet so be prepared for people who don't have the same etiquette as you to stand and queue and will try jump in.
There is a shop on site and a few shops and a cash machine outside the hotel. But apart from that there is nothing else. This was my main issue as after dinner I felt there was nothing on offer if you didn't want to go to the animation teams show. The bars were nothing special. I would have liked a bar that didn't have kids that played music or if there had been bars nearby out with the hotel. For me after dinner there was nothing to do.
Day trip- we went to the zoo which was good. For a small tip you could feed the animals. We also went to the market, we bought some things then went to a shop where we could have got the same things for a fraction of the price without the hassle. As usual with markets you cannot just wander and have a look you get jumped on and hassled to look and buy.

Overall, the hotel is clean and the staff are friendly. The food is average but that depends on your tastes. If your looking for a really lazy relaxing time it's great however if you want something's to do during the day or night I would avoid this area completely.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Orangers Beach Resort & Bungalows? Share your experiences!