We stayed here for a total of 4 nights on 3 separate occasions whilst on a tour around Tunisia.
Large hotel with its own small beach, that's miles from anywhere, mostly used by groups in November.
Free WiFi in rooms and reception.
The reception and restaurant looked OK, but the tatty bedrooms and bathrooms are in need of major renovation. Some were tiny, others much larger, but all were 2 star at best and most stank of smoke.
We advise that you check the bedding, as we found a massive stain on the sheets one night.
The massive buffet restaurant serves a large range of food for breakfast and dinner and they have 2-3 cooking stations preparing fresh food. However, the buffet items are of variable quality (and warmth) and there is a great deal of jostling to get anything freshly cooked.
Fresh orange juice at breakfast was chargeable.
This was probably the best hotel restaurant on our trip, but that's not saying much!
Overall, it's probably OK for a couple of nights if it fits in with your arrangements / tour, but this is definitely not somewhere to stay for a week or more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Mouradi Gammarth is situated alongside a beautiful beach of golden sand facing the forest of Gammarth and close to the town of La Marsa, once a summer resort for the beys (rulers) of Tunisia. It is near to the ruins of Carthage and the village of Sidi Bou Said and is 10 kilometres from Tunis-Carthage international airport and 15 kilometres from the capital Tunis. This new hotel is ideal both for holidays for pleasure and for business trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your El Mouradi Gammarth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Mouradi Gammarth Hotel Gammarth
- El Mouradi Gammarth La Marsa