“Wonderful hotel – clean – friendly staff (majority) – entertainment fab, location wonderful also” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Diana Rimel Djerba

You added Club Diana Rimel Djerba to your Saves list
Club Diana Rimel Djerba
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   BP 252. Midoun Djerba | BP 252, Djerba Island 4116, Tunisia   |
Ranked #37 of 112 Hotels in Djerba Island
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

So we stayed 8 nights at this hotel, over Christmas, where we enjoyed a 7 course meal on xmas eve which was delightful, with santa delivering presents for the children. The hotel construction in itself is breath-taking, typical Tunisian/African construction – I felt I was in Africa and not in a 4 star hotel just anywhere. In addition the animation team were not too intrusive, if you needed your space they respected this and if we were looking for some entertainment this was on offer also, such as salsa dance classes at various times throughout the day including show time at night in the theatre. The rooms are clean with daily cleaning services as you would expect. My only complaint would be 1 bar tender who was really not friendly to the European people – big chip on his shoulder and would ignore us while we were waiting for some drinks – we laughed this off however additionally I would recommend you not hire a car via the hotel, the man who runs this tried to charge us more money on our final night – approx. double which was originally quoted in the first instance. In summary a fabulous hotel, I would recommend to all, just beware the bar tender and the car hire man.

Room Tip: our room had a sea view, which was wonderful to wake up to, not too much noise at all, just 1 minor...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Very disappointing for a so called 4 stars Hotel. We've arrived in the morning and the room was not ready.Not that this is a big issue if people at the reception desk were more friendly and could help us, pointing out a place where we could change to go to the beach, and wait till whenever the room would be ready. We finally managed to change at a place where they put the suitcases..which we discovered by ourselves.
The room was ready at 2pm (we arrived at 9am) and I wonder why it took them 5 hours to clean it . The room was very simple, with white towels that actually were grey. The bedding had no covers, only the quilt (plain). Didn't look very clean.
The restaurant was not good - the worse coffee I ever had ( from a machine) and It seems to me that the water which they made coffee was not so good.The food was not special, always the same, no variety of fruits in breakfast and the juices came out of a machine that most of the time was empty.
The beach was just OK, but still with people pushing you to buy something. I don't know what part of NO they don't understand. I am glad to be back home, and this place is definitely out of my list for holidays.

Room Tip: better to choose another Hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Perfect for anyone who is not really picky about the inner decoration of the rooms, though they are quite nice to my mind, but not luxuries and maybe about the level of these rooms. The furniture and bathroom are not in a really good condition and to me this is the point the administration MUST pay attention to.The whole atmosphere, out decoration covers all negative feelings. The food is good enough and quite vary. Good animation. Beaituful territory around, wonderful beach with white sand, very clean. All the staff seems to be very polite and they are all trying to be as helpfull as possible, thank you everybody a lot for this.
I would definitely return one day and I would recommend it to families with children.
The all decoration do remind me The Flingstone Family cartoon. Sooo nice =))

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tripoli, Libya
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Reception : not helpful over the phone , I got the feeling that the man and the girl at the reception are not trained for such a job, the act as if they worked at a shop around the corner.
Food : normal and the same launch and dinner Friday and Saturday.
Bar: beers and local spirits until 12 am
Disco: sucks.
Pool: the outside pool is great, the inside one is too small.
Beach: very good.
Services: very bad, I was kept waiting for my cloths from the laundry for 2 hours on my check out day, imagine if I was flying that day ,,
Overall; it's more like a help yourself place to stay than it is a hotel.
Especially the poor reception staff.

Room Tip: Unless it's a pool view room, it would be very far from every thing.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

an excellent hotel
I am very happy to be a hotel, the food is very good, the pool was very clean, the rooms clean and has lovely balcony or terrace, full service restaurant or bar has a good level and facilitators are smiling and very professional are "I love you" but a small mention to people that Djerba is a region more favorable summer so if someone speaks on the beach in the month of October it is not normal to go in July you will see the beauty of this hotel but it does not prevent the hotel is very good throughout the year.
I invite you to discover this alone Rimel thank you for this holidays, thank Djerba and thank Tunisia

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Overall, compared to other hotels in the Zone Touristique, this is a cheap-ish, comfortable (but not completely luxurious) resort option.
Staff are courteous and professional.
Rooms are reasonably comfortable – fairly large, reasonable heating system (we were there in Winter), although we were not able to get a double/queen-sized bed – when asked, they used king-sized sheets to pull two single mattresses together.
The beach was very quiet and calm, but covered in large piles of seaweed and debris (I suspect they clear this debris during the busier, warmer seasons).
Dining hall staff were excellent. Our waiter was very receptive to whether or not the guests wanted friendly or efficient service (being on holidays, we of-course wanted friendly!). The pizza chef made us pizzas to order (not sure if he would have time to do this in the busy season).
Some staff speak English, but we mostly relied on our beginner French.
Probably good for kids, except (like most resorts in Tunis), the pool is not fenced.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Herne, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

This review is probably going to shock you, but this really happened ... It can be validated with over 200 other "guests" of this place (sorry, you can't call this a hotel) ...
In general, this hotel is very average. Rooms are ok (small, no storage place, but clean), swimming pool ok, clean. But all average, let's say rather 3 stars then 4. Food is not good. Below average, every day the same and I doubt the overall hygene (the cold buffer with salads is something I would recommend not trying, the place is simply to hot). The "all in" experience basically means you can have water, coffee, some softdrinks and some local alcohol. No cocktails, nothing special ... But all of that would simple mean : an average, over priced hotel.
Now comes the shocking part : On Tuesday, November 1st, we arrived at the breakfast and found total chaos. There was no food, nothing. They decided to ... strike ! There were a couple of waiters that after some time started to hand out ... water. But it got worse. We didn't know what they were planning and there was no communication at all. We went to the swimming pool, where around 10:30, 2 maintance guys tried to close down the internal swimming pool to make sure nobody could take one of the soft covers to put on the long chairs around the pool ... This almost has resulted in a real fight. We were there with 2 kids and no longer felt safe. I called the emergency number of the travel agency and learned there our travel host was standing OUTSIDE the hotel walls and was NOT ALLOWED in ! So we were literally kept as hostages in our own hotel.
The story is much longer, but I guess you get the idea. Yes, there were 120 hotel "on strike", but only 2 decided to take guests as hostages. This was one of them. The rest has a bar closed or something like that. Worse is that the hotel management (the manager is a total idiot) was clearly extremely happy with this situation ! They knew exactly what was going to happen, they had not ordered any food and as such, saved a day of costs on behalf of 200 all inclusive guests.
So a very clear advice : STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL, even consider staying away from Djerba and Tunesia. This country clearly can't handle the freedom they recently got ... I wouldn't be surprise if thing really get out of control. And you don't want to be part of that ...

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel completely, that's the best room you can get ...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Club Diana Rimel Djerba? Share your experiences!