“Fantastic holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SENTIDO Djerba Beach

You added SENTIDO Djerba Beach to your Saves list
SENTIDO Djerba Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Zone touristique | (previously Iberostar), Djerba Island 4116, Tunisia   |
Ranked #3 of 112 Hotels in Djerba Island
“Fantastic holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

This is my third trip to Sentido Djerba Beach.... They have all been different experiences. I travelled this time with my mum and two friends the last week of May. We had such a great time. It was lovely to see the staff that we met last May when we first travelled to the hotel.

Our room was perfect, it looked out over the pool, I think it was 1010....but I can't remember :( the reception staff are lovely and we had a quick check in, they are all very friendly and helpful.
I always managed to get 4 sun beds together but I did have to get up at 6am to put our towels out!!
Food was great, there was always something for everyone, the waiters are fab!

Now onto the animation team.... What a lovely group of people. They are so friendly, chatty and they work so hard putting shows on every night! I was so glad Kimo, Leo and Chakalou were still there, it was great to see them again and the rest of the animation team. 5 stars for them.

I am hoping to return to Sentido Djerba Beach next year and I hope all the friendly staff are still there!
Brilliant holiday!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Holiday C, Responsable relations clients at SENTIDO Djerba Beach, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
I'm delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent feedback regarding your recent stay at Sentido Djerba Beach .

I am also pleased to know you had a wonderful experience and thank you for your heartfelt recommendation.

Best regard

hOLIDAY Concierge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Arabic first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We have just had a week in this hotel and all I can say is I can't wait to go back the hotel was in an amazing setting clean food was excellent and I'm a fussy eater. The animation team are fantastic and have actually made some life long friends with them big shout out to red crazy joe phenix and kimo who came and had a chat with us every nite and even got us up dancing there shows are a must see can't wait to go back next year I'm currently suffering from holiday blues and still haven't removed my all inclusive band lol

• Stayed July 2014
Holiday C, Responsable relations clients at SENTIDO Djerba Beach, responded to this review, July 15, 2014

HOLIDAY CONCIERGE
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

After reading some of the reviews prior to our holiday(week commencing 4th July), I was really starting to worry that we were heading for disappointment, this was far from the case.... Starting at the airport- gatwick, although we was delayed for 4hours+ it did not make a difference to our holiday due to the late arrival of the scheduled flight anyhow.
We got through the airport in Tunisia quickly, and the coach departed to the hotels which took 20 minutes transfer time. Once we reached our hotel the staff were very friendly and although at 2 o'clock in the morning offered us a drink, we was taken to our room (1065) it was clean, large and to a high spec. The view was looking over the front grounds of the hotel, the hotel room had air conditioning that was free of charge and a safe that cost 2.5 dinar per day. The rooms were cleaned every day including fresh bedding and towels.
The hotel is set in a beach location with an indoor and outdoors swimming pool, these were both clean, not damaged and well looked after. The pool bar was open from 10 o'clock till 6, where you can get soft drink, alcoholic drinks and water. There was plenty of sun beds however these were reserved daily by 8am so to guarantee one you needed to be up and putting your towel on a bed by 7:30am latest( the best area to sit if you like the sun all day is by the pool bar)
The beach was white sand and although the sea at times was slightly rough was very warm, again there was plenty of sun beds available but the ones in the best location would need reserving with towels as above! There are plenty of activities at the beach such as banana boats, paragliding, Canoes and jet skis although these come at an extra cost. Also on the beach there was camels with their babies and well looked after horses that you can ride for a small fee. There is also a beach bar, here you can have a late breakfast, or sit and have a coffee, and do my favorite sport people watching... Trust me you see it all ;)
The food is good, something for everyone and far from bland!
The all inclusive finishes at midnight, and by this time you are ready for bed!

We went on the pirate ship but this was nothing special, in my opinion not
Worth the money..... But we went to see the crocs, we left the hotel at 1500 hrs and got there with time to see the crocs being fed.... Really amazing and highly recommended.

All this and the sun shone daily, the tan was good so what more could you ask for! I am unable to find fault as others did in reviews.

The entertainment team were good, red and Reggie ( la la la, la la la la) - tricky and dickie the bar men were fab and kept the drinks flowing in the evenings.

It was most upsetting that we had a delay returning also of 10 hours, we was due to land at 00:00 but did not land until gonna 09.30 and after being awake for 37 hours finally at home relaxing and looking at the pictures taken!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a pool/ beach view prior to arriving via email
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Holiday C, Responsable relations clients at SENTIDO Djerba Beach, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor. We were pleased to read that you had a fantastic stay and you enjoyed your spacious room, the amenities and the comfortable bed, the buffet selections and overall the service delivered by our friendly staff. We have been working on creating a comfortable, luxury and affordable environment

yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I've just read a review, the couple were two doors away from us we were 1025 they were 1027. We must have struck lucky, our room must have just been refurbished. I'd read in a earlier review about not enough hangers in the wardrobe, so I took some. We had plenty in fact some over, I also read about the hair dryer, so I took my own no need. It did get hot to hold so I left it a bit & it cooled down. Normally when you go 4* you get some bath product, we only had a soap dispenser over the bath, it did not matter I always take my own. Our air con was fine, the room spotless, a bed side light did not work told them at reception it was done straight away.
For me it was more an hotel for adults, they do not have slides in the pool for children, they did have a kiddies club, bet it was hard work for the animation team, keeping them happy.
Yes it was murder getting a sun bed round the pool. My husband woke at 6am so he tittered to himself & went & put our towels on 2 sunbeds. When we got up & opened our curtains someone had put some sarongs on top of his towels, so he moved them. I love the beach, but the sand leading to the quiet part of the beach where the sun beds were. The sand was very soft & hard to walk on. I'm getting over having a new hip & after 4 days I couldn't manage to walk on it. It's a shame they don't have walk ways because when the suns at it's hottest you cannot walk on it. So we had to go round the pool, our room was fab straight out to the pool.
I spoke with the rep no one seemed to be tipping, he informed me I could put tips in the tip box at reception. I said I wanted to tip in person, because you got the same service, tip or not. I was a bit worried some reviews said the French & German got better treatment, but we didn't find that at all. I like to tip for good service & I also give sweets & lollypops to the waiters & they are always so please with just a small gesture.
Food was ok not fantastic but not bad. I could find something each meal, the soups were really nice & chips were always hot freshly made. I had a pizza made that was nice cooked it just for me. My husband loved the puddings & ice cream I don't have a sweet tooth, I could choose from the fresh fruit. One thing I couldn't understand was the wasted food, people would pile plates with food & just leave it. The same ladies were very rude, just push you out of the way to get to the food, one time they trod on my foot pushing me out of the way. It was not the men they seem to be waited on by the women, that's maybe why they are like that.
The night time was taken up with the football, the entertainment would not start until the footy was over, it was not very good but they at least tried.
My last point on our way to the airport we did not have a rep, no check to make sure everyone was on the bus. Normally the rep talks you through the procedure, especially changing your currency back into pounds & losing 30% at the airport. I know he went through it at the welcome meeting & if it's your first time in Tunisia, you may think you can spend it in duty free, not realising you cannot.
When we came to Tunisia last year we had a rep on the bus talk us through the procedure & reps in the airport. We had no one it was every one for themselves & then more buses came it was a bit hectic

Room Tip: We were in1025 it was brill we got the sun in the afternoon so we sat outside our room the sun went...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Holiday C, Responsable relations clients at SENTIDO Djerba Beach, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
We take note of your remarks to improve the conditions that would make our guests' stay more pleasant and enjoyable. Your feedback is appreciated and will be taken into account. Thank you.
Shotley Bridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Sentido Djerba beach from 22 June to the 6th July 2014. Firstly the hotel itself is very modern and clean and the staff are superb. I have read other reviews of this place which mentioned the food being cold and "bland". All I can say is that this is nonsense, they must have gone somewhere else. The location as one can imagine is about 40 minutes from the airport and therefore the transfer is brilliant. I will start now with the hotel itself: the all inclusive has certain times and boundaries (as do all) apart from the "Les Orangers" on the mainland, for instance there are set times when drinks are served and also snacks..but with that said if you sample the massive array of food available at each of the breakfast lunch and dinner sittings you will not miss the pizza and burger stuff. The animation team are "okay", as we visited during the begining of Ramadan we experienced a drop of "brightness" in all of the staff, but they still were friendly and helpful. Special mentions must be made for Red and Kami..really great during our holiday, also I would mention that Susie tries incredibly hard to sell DVD's of the shows, which when politely refused can result in a case of the "petulant Diva". Pops also is to be avoided as he can be one minute "your best mate" and the next..well not! They also push the "named T-shirts" a fair bit..30 dinar for a keepsake...it's okay but I wish that when your laying by the pool they would just let you read your book. Next..the island itself...we hired a cab to do a tour of the island and we found this very informative..do not go along with the tour buses..they are much more expensive and will take you to carpet factories and all sorts of things that they get the backhanders on...you will find that the island (outside of the zone touristique") is filthy and very impoverished. Houmet Souk in particular is very smelly and the market is worth missing as is the harbour (think of Hartlepool with sun!!) The museum at Guallela is a beautiful building set on the highest point of the island (50 metres) and therefore the views are good but the contents of the museum are made up of John Lewis mannequins posing in various (alleged) interesting ways. A good game is if you could interpret exactly what these tableaux are presenting..the best one I came up with was "a man standing on one leg in a bowl of Rice Crispies pointing at a seagull. The weather was fab. the hotel is good but we would'nt rush back. It is no good for teenagers. Most guests are German and French. To round it off we had a great time. I hope that this helps.

Room Tip: Do not get a room over the kitchen area, high level overlooking the main entrance is better than the...
Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Just returned from a wks stay we had fantastic time the hotel is lovely especially the pool and beach areas. All the staff are extremely friendly you didn't have to tip them to get good service we tipped at the end of our stay. The food was really nice there was freshly made omelettes eggs sausages Danish pastries cereals etc for breakfast. Lunch and evening meal were excellent we had carved beef roast chicken tandoori chicken fish freshly made pizzas pastas etc and the ice cream is amazing. There is plenty water sports available on the beach. We did the parachute it cost 50 dinar for the 2 of us (approx £9 each) amazing value. We walked out of the hotel a few nights to the shops bout 5 mins walk away these are fixed price so u can look around at yr leisure without being pestered and the prices are really cheap. This was our first time to Tunisia and we will definitely be returning

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Holiday C, Responsable relations clients at SENTIDO Djerba Beach, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
the management of the hotel apreciate your comment and honored all the staff.
we are delighting to welcome you on sentido jerba beach another time.

Kend Regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I have just returned from the sentido djerba beach hotel I went for my 30th birthday the hotel is gorgeous rooms are very clean our beds were made up everyday I had a lovely towel art on my bed on my birthday the animation team are absolutely fantastic they made my birthday special and we're all a laugh and very friendly you must see there shows that they put on om still laughing about the playback show now already looking at going back fantastic place and fantastic people and a pool and beach to die for

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
the management of the hotel apreciate your comment and honored all the staff.
we are delighting to welcome you on sentido jerba beach another time.
Kind regards

HOLIDAY CONCIERGE

Been to SENTIDO Djerba Beach? Share your experiences!