After reading all the reviews we were a bit dubious as to what the holiday would be like, well it was lovely!
When we arrived, which was late, I think about 1am on the Sunday morning it was a bit rushed @ reception and we weren't given a map of the hotel, so we were felt a bit lost as to where we were going the next day. I suppose this and the bad pillows was our only main gripe. We always found a sunbed at the pool, we did get down there for 8.30, but later on in the day there was always some free. The beach does get busy though as this where the Germans tend to go. All the other countries that are there are pretty friendly but you will get stared at, it made me feel uncomfortable but to be honest I started to glare back at them and then they stop looking.
The food was delicious and there was always loads of it to choose from. They don't tell you much about the snacks during the day, so make sure you go the beach bar from 3 o'clock and have a waffle, they are delicious. :o) The staff are all lovely, we couldn't have asked for a better group of people. They can't do enough for you and they don't expect a tip but we gave them a few dinar as they don't get paid much.
The entertainment team are funny and really friendly too. They will try and get you invloved in everything but a swift 'no thanks' will do the trick. They don't put on great shows in the evening, they are so bad they are funny. We only went to watch 2 and I have to say we laughed all the way through. We went to a restaurant down the road called 'Il Faro' which was only 3 dinar in a taxi and the meal cost about £40 for two courses and drinks with lots of little entrees the chef provides and that included a tip too. I would definitely recommend doing this as it's nic change of scenery in the evening.
The rooms are basic but comfortable. There's plenty of wardrobe space and the room for toilettries in the bathroom. The rooms get cleaned everyday and it's up to you how many times you want your towels and bedding changed.
We would definitely go again and as I type this I am already thinking about returning next year. Djerba is a beautiful island and great value for money. I really recommend this hotel!! If you do go, have fun and enjoy the stunning untouched views and beaches.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Djerba Beach Hotel
- Sentido Djerba Beach Hotel Djerba Island
- Iberostar Djerba
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the fine, sandy beach that slopes gently into the sea. 5 km to the town centre of Midoun. Ideal for families. Short transfer. Fully renovated. Daytime and evening entertainment programme, live shows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your SENTIDO Djerba Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.