“Loved it!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SENTIDO Djerba Beach

and 1 more site!
You added SENTIDO Djerba Beach to your Saves list
SENTIDO Djerba Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Zone touristique | (previously Iberostar), Djerba Island 4116, Tunisia   |
Ranked #5 of 112 Hotels in Djerba Island
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

After reading all the reviews we were a bit dubious as to what the holiday would be like, well it was lovely!

When we arrived, which was late, I think about 1am on the Sunday morning it was a bit rushed @ reception and we weren't given a map of the hotel, so we were felt a bit lost as to where we were going the next day. I suppose this and the bad pillows was our only main gripe. We always found a sunbed at the pool, we did get down there for 8.30, but later on in the day there was always some free. The beach does get busy though as this where the Germans tend to go. All the other countries that are there are pretty friendly but you will get stared at, it made me feel uncomfortable but to be honest I started to glare back at them and then they stop looking.

The food was delicious and there was always loads of it to choose from. They don't tell you much about the snacks during the day, so make sure you go the beach bar from 3 o'clock and have a waffle, they are delicious. :o) The staff are all lovely, we couldn't have asked for a better group of people. They can't do enough for you and they don't expect a tip but we gave them a few dinar as they don't get paid much.

The entertainment team are funny and really friendly too. They will try and get you invloved in everything but a swift 'no thanks' will do the trick. They don't put on great shows in the evening, they are so bad they are funny. We only went to watch 2 and I have to say we laughed all the way through. We went to a restaurant down the road called 'Il Faro' which was only 3 dinar in a taxi and the meal cost about £40 for two courses and drinks with lots of little entrees the chef provides and that included a tip too. I would definitely recommend doing this as it's nic change of scenery in the evening.

The rooms are basic but comfortable. There's plenty of wardrobe space and the room for toilettries in the bathroom. The rooms get cleaned everyday and it's up to you how many times you want your towels and bedding changed.

We would definitely go again and as I type this I am already thinking about returning next year. Djerba is a beautiful island and great value for money. I really recommend this hotel!! If you do go, have fun and enjoy the stunning untouched views and beaches.

Room Tip: We asked for a view and the view we got was a hedge but to be honest we weren't bothered as we n...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Arabic first
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

+: Nice food
+: Modern rooms
+: Directly at the beach
+: Friendly restaurant/bar staff
+: Very nice hamam / spa / massage.

-: Mediocre sports animators: I love beach volleyball but they a) used a painfully hard ball, b) didn't stick to the advertised times and c) one guy was smashing so hard it wasn't fun.
-: One guy selling horse rides was trying too hard. Please leave us alone after the 2nd time.
-: Lots of seaweed in the water in the latter half of our stay. Made swimming in the sea disgusting -- no efforts were made removing it.
-: A little diversity in terms of customers would do good. 95% Germans at the time we were there (mid-October).

Room Tip: We were satisfied with our upstairs room facing the pool.
SKELMERSDALE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

ing read bad reports about Nouvelle Air. Check in was so fast our wheels and feet didnt touch the ground. Plenty of room on board but no hot drinks or food, as others have reported staff not very good. Well enough we arrived at Djerba Sentido beach Hotel was taken to THE ONLY DISABLED ROOM 1050 woooooooooow big enough to party party.Bring on this holiday.Sunday morn came bright and sunny found our way to the restaurant dont understand what people say about the staff as by now we have met RECEPTION STAFF PORTER AND DINING ROOM and BAR STAFF and all have been 100%.Plenty of choice for breakfast and its not that busy you can sit in side or out the choice is yours. I think it would be a good idea to have a set table but thats only because Im in a wheelchair and its a pain having to find a table on the outside edge all the time.Quick look round and wot do I see RAMPS RAMPS AND MORE RAMPS. As Im looking a guy ask would I like help getting to the beach, these guys ask every time Im at this point of the ramp. There is a outside bar that opens at 10.00 this is on the beach However to access it in my chair I need to go pool side but dont worry the waiters will look after you. Back round to the inside there are loos and a huge disabled one at that also a inside bar for the evenings and a in door swimming pool. There is a massage parlour where I had some great treatment ALL CAN BE ACCESSED IN MY CHAIR. The front desk staff fall over themselves and cant do enough for you no matter how small or large the question. On the subject of questions plz plz plz see the lovely concierge lady she is so wonderful and is there every day from 10.00 till 8.00, there isnt ANYTHING she wont do for you and again nothing is any bother.The hotel shop is here and the prices are very much the same as any other shop. Further round is the entertainment area we didnt go here but did a quick look and all is wheelchair friendly.Back out side to the sun there are pleny of sun beds BUT BE WARNED although you are told no saving of beds before 8.00 at 7.00 people are already laying claim to the beds.The pool is cold no matter what time of day but once your in your ok and its easy access all round. Much to my misfortune I couldnt get up to the sun deck, and I was told thats where the topless bathing took place shucks. But hahaha I did get to look when I went paragliding yep you saw it here It was the most wonderful 20mins and not just because I was able to see the sun deck. But that helped, the guys on the beach carried me along strapped me up and I was up up and away it was great. The rooms are cleaned every day you have a cone that you put on your bed if you want clean sheets. A little tip here take your key off the key fob and leave the fob in the slot on the wall that way your aircon will stay on while your out and about.Now for some other info out side the hotel turn right there are ¾ shops here, If you turn left there is one shop.Thursdays is a market day get a yellow cab outside to go HOUMT SOUK 8.00 till 13.00. Then on Fridays MIDOUN 8.00 till 12.00 but best you get back at 11.45 as its Mosque day and taxi will be hard to find. There is one other person we really must say a huge thank you to (no not T/C REP) that is the guy Ayman who collected us from the airport and took us where ever we wanted to be he was a great guy and if anyone in a wheelchair or on foot want more of his info please ask me.So there you go guys a different report to others but then IM different we have already booked room 1050 for Oct 2014 my tip to any disabled person who needs this room would be to email the hotel as soon as you book your holiday

Room Tip: 1050 if you are disabled book this room as soon as possible by emailing the hotel direct
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CONCIERGE H, Responsable relations publiques at SENTIDO Djerba Beach, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the information that you post to this site for people on wheelchairs and the photos. We are very pleased to see you again and you have to know that you are always welcome.
Best regards.
Your SENTIDO DJERBA BEACH Team.
Keighley, West Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We (four adult mid 50’s) stayed at the Djerba Beach from 15th - 29th September and find it hard to fault the place, the location was great, the food was good and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, our first rooms were a bit of a walk from reception, my friend has some walking difficulties and they happily moved us to rooms nearer to the hub of things, we have been amazed to read some reviews complaining about the food or unfriendly staff, ok they do have more German and French guests so there can be a slight language problem with some of them but all in all they do really well, as for the food I sometimes wonder what people actually want, there was a good choice and the quality was fine. I can’t comment about the entertainment as we never went to any. Of course there are always small things that one could complain about, maybe better quality bigger towels in the rooms but thats just being picky. There is some truth in the reviews about the flight being a bit grim, the air con was blowing out hot air all the way there and there was very little choice of food or drink to buy, but its only three hours and well worth it when you get there. We enjoyed it so much that we have already booked to go back next year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Tamworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed here from 15th to 22nd September and had a lovely time
Weather was great, 32 in the shade every day ! Lovely beach,no trouble from locals selling things, it appears as though they had been told to keep their distance, which they do, you have to go to them if you want something
Hotel very nice, kept very clean as were the spacious rooms
We never had any trouble with waiters holding their hands out for a tip, we did tip when we wanted to and they appreciated it
Never had any trouble being served at the bars, on a couple of occasions when someone did push in to the front (usually German) they were made to wait
Food was very nice, never had any trouble finding something to eat, the only gripe being there could have been a bit more choice on the salads.
Went on the half day island tour with Thomas Cook, which wasn`t too bad
Flew with Nouvelair, flights there and back very good, although late going, because the pilot went shopping ! and also on the return trip, no reason for this delay
Nothing much to do outside the hotel, although we did go for a walk most evenings with no hassle, there are about four `Supermarkets` (fixed price) but when you have been in one you have seen them all, as they all sell about the same things
All in all we had a very enjoyable week

Room Tip: We had room 2201, which was at the front of the hotel, not much of a view but very quiet Handy for...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Was abit worried before this holiday as our last all inclusive holiday was a nightmare but i didnt need to stress.
We flew with nouvelair, flight was nice, comfortble and fast - no problems.
Had bit of nightmare at airport, seem to wait ages for the last family to join transfer so we didnt get to hotel til early hours of the morning, check in seemed to be going well until the man just pointed to door and said that way. we went back to reception 3 times because we could find our room. needs extra staff at check in times to help people, our room wasnt just through there like man kept saying, it was actually through the door he ponited at, down a corridor, right through another set of doors, through some gardens, up some stairs and down another long corridor then we had to wait another hour before our suitcases arrived to room (id just like to add we wanted to carry our own cases,we arent lazy but the bell-man got quite upset) but wish had in end. The room was really nice, clean with lots of space. In the morning we went to breakfast where no-one explained anything to us, waiters expected to be tipped all the time. there was no tea cups so i asked, then he put his hand out for money, this was the bad side of our holiday. i have been to many different countries but never to somewhere where they expect tipping before they do anything for you. I always tip but i tip good service NOT to receive good service! The waiter brought 2 oranges juices over then got snappy coz we had no money on us to pay, we were all inclusive thought everything was included but its not!! we didnt mind paying but it was the way that we were spoken to and that nothing had been explained that upset us! BUT after that 1st 24 hours of unsureness we settled in very well and enjoyed ourselves so much id say it was ONE OF MY BEST HOLIDAYS! the rest of the week was perfect, we would spent the morning by the pool and the afternoon on the private beach which had choice of water sports, horse and camel rides. Everyone was very friendly and happy. The food was great but did get abit boring as the week went on, really enjoyed the traditional tunisian food, shame they didnt have more on offer, i say they should be proud of it! Bar was great, entertainment was great (music bit loud in morning by pool but was for only couple hours if that), pool was brillant, beach was beautiful - some days there was loads of seaweed but others days there was none, was kept very clean, camels ride was brillant. All in all brillant holiday and wouldnt think twice about staying there again :O)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Monmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This hotel is trying hard to be 4* but is just missing it. It was very clean and the pool was lovely. The food was average and not as hot as I would like. Replacements for empty servers were not prompt and, if it was within 45 minutes of the end of meal time, did not always arrive. Cheese appeared to be processed - at least the texture suggested it was. Wine was rough!
The bedrooms were very small - two people could not pass with ease at the foot of the bed. The beds were very hard and neither of us slept well. It didn't help that the air conditioner did not get the temperature below 24c. When we queried whether it was functioning correctly we were told that it was and that it had done well to get it down to 24c!! We tried opening the balcony door but it was much too hot so we had to go back to the less than efficient ac unit.
The bed linen was of poor quality and looked old as did the bathroom towels which, at one time, were white but now are greyish in colour. Only soap and a shower cap were supplied in the bathroom- definitely not 4*.
Most of the guests were German and French and I had the impression that the staff were somewhat biased towards serving them rather than the English.

Cocktails in the all inclusive consisted of a choice of two from a machine - usually pina colada and one other. Other "proper" cocktails were available at a price. For those who didn't want to have lunch in the restaurant a late lunch was provided by the pool from sometime after 3-00pm. This consisted of pizza, chips, beefburgers, a very limited selection of cheese and meat - usually one variety of each- and some of the worst sandwiches I have ever had in my life.

Our first day there, Monday, was blissful as it was so peaceful by the pool. On Tuesday the animation team arrived and, as so often is the case in hotels these days, a group of youngsters, average age about 19, played, mostly, music that appealed to them when the average age of the guests was well above 40. To be fair they did occasionally play some music to which we of more mature years could relate. Personally I prefer to have no music at all. I do wonder how cost efficient the animation team is as the total number of people joining in the activities was a very small percentage of the total number of guests.

This is not a hotel to which I would return as I like 4* hotels to be 4*, not 3*.

Re the flights,- I have flown by many airlines to many parts of the world and this was the only time I felt uneasy regarding the safety and professionalism of the aircraft and stewards. The stewards on the way out did not check seatbelts, position of seats and window blinds before take off and their safety routine was, to say the least, cursory. The return flight left the gate and then had to return as there was a technical problem. Both flights passed safely but were not comfortable- especially the return flight where seat and leg room was minimal. Thomas Cook would do well to use their own aircraft instead of subcontracting to Nouvelair.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to SENTIDO Djerba Beach? Share your experiences!