“Wonderful hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“Wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful stay in this hotel. The lobby is spacious and friendly. The rooms are well designed and very nice. The restaurants are great and the staff always have a smile. Only concern in my opinion was that one man at the front desk kept answering our questions incorrectly. More an annoyance than anything, as otherwise I could not ask for more from the hotel!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Arabic first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

As a female holidaying alone , this was a perfect destination. My room (Sea view ) was spacious with a very comfortable bed, it was kept immaculately clean with an evening turn down service guaranteeing clean towels at all times.
I found the hotel environment was impressive and luxurious.
The pool area was clean and really well looked after by the staff who were very kind and attentive.
I ate in the Italian and Thai fusion restaurant and found the quality of the food was very high and the service was superb.
I used the concierge service to book dinner and a taxi to another hotel and found them to be both knowledgable and helpful, and everything went according to plan.
The spa facilities on site are very impressive, if perhaps a little daunting. I had a fantastic massage and a facial whilst there, which were amongst the best I have ever had .
My only criticism is that the spa personnel were a little impersonal, that may be due to the fact that I was the only English person staying in the hotel at the time, the majority of guests are French or German and those are the languages that are most widely spoken.
I will definitely return next year.

Room Tip: Although I had a sea view room, I would certainly consider a pool view room as it is quiet at night...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Radisson_Djerba, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Palace Resort & Thalasso, Djerba, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Mrs jooshirons,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review regarding your recent stay with us.

We were delighted to read you had a nice holiday staying at our hotel and that you enjoyed the services and facilities.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in a one bedroom suite.

The Goods:

- first impressions "WOW" very impressive hotel lobby and equally impressive reception upon check in - cold towels & fruit juice. The luggage was taken care of.

- Very spacious, clean room with complimentary bottle of water and welcome fruit plate. Fruit plate was replenished daily but not the bottle water.

- Huge wall to wall marble bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub and separate enclosed shower. Anne Semonin toiletries in full size bottles - very generous.

- Comfortable bed and lounge chaise in the bedroom.

- Complimentary wifi.
- Friendly staff in general including front desk and housekeeping.

The Not So Goods:

- Limited menu selections for in room dining. The ice cream desert that came with the main course often melted already.

- Not much selection for buffet breakfast and dinner at Ceramique. The restaurant door was kept opened so there were flies flying around.
- Restaurant staff was not too attentive; often time they did not want to keep eye contacts.

- In room safe was not working; called for service, still not working.

- There were pigeons living on the room balcony which made noises very early in the morning.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a bigger room. Learn some French for easier communication.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir or Madam,

Although we were sorry to read that you were not entirely satisfied with our restaurants, we were delighted to see that you had a nice stay with us. Please be assured that our F&D Director has been informed about your comments.

Regards,
Vienna, Austria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed for 2 weeks with my 4 year old daughter. Certainly if I would have stayed only 7 days perhaps the review would have been better - 13 days was just too long.
The best part was the sun and amazing lobby/reception area. The rest did not meet my expectations:

- pool was dirty and I never saw it cleaned during our 13 days there (and we were always the first in the pool at 630 am). Because of the many doves & other birds around, the bird droppings were everywhere. I was not thrilled about my 4 year old walking around barefoot.
- the area behind the family beach part was dirty, never cleaned. Some nails even in the sand. Anything but safe for children walking barefoot and certainly did not leave me any quiet moments when my daughter wanted to run around in the dunes. When you go to the beach bring lots of money - everyone wants your € whether for horse riding / fruits / etc. I avoided the beach after 3 days because you just could not go in peace to the water without being stopped by someone wanting to sell something. Although the beach should be private as it is marked, it is not. I guess if I would have only been there 5 days you laugh about it and think it's funny. But when you avoid going to the beach because you're not quiet during your holidays that's not funny either.
- Food was very poor - we had only booked Bed & Breakfast so we tried all restaurants. Whatever was left over from dinner buffet you saw the next morning for breakfast. And sometimes again at the next dinner buffet re-cooked/used in another way/some other dish.
The food was repetitive and most dishes overcooked.
-The Childrens Area - it was quite frustrating as a young man who worked there was very inexperienced and he gave wrong information about what was happening when. I had scheduled one evening for my daughter at the Tunesian night which began at 8 pm (dinner) under a tent. My daughter was excited all day!! As early risers we always have dinner at 7 pm - waiting an extra hour seemed worth it. The young man (don't remember his name) told us at 7 pm, no problem, just come back in one hour and we'll be ready. We went back at 8 pm. Nothing. Nobody. He just said "no, the dinner is cancelled." That's it. I was furious and my little one in tears...
-during the check out, the male receptionist was just checking my invoice and I was posing a question on one item when a man in local dress just interrupted my "check-out" for 10 minutes. No excuse at all from the male receptionist towards me. Don't expect any respectful treatment as a female client. The same treatment occurred during several other occassions in teh restaurant.
- The Photographer in the hotel makes great photos & was friendly but highly overpriced.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Radisson_Djerba, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Palace Resort & Thalasso, Djerba, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Mrs UtaVienna_Austria,

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at our hotel.

You have mentioned the buffet, please be assured we do not re-cook remnants from the buffet, the food is fresh and cooked on a daily basis.

Concerning the swimming pool, hygiene being a top priority for us as well as being part of the quality standards we strive to deliver, I confirm that we do have maintenance teams in charge of manually cleaning the pool, starting at 6 am in the morning.
Additionally, we also have 8 filters about the pool, each cleaning 100 m3 per hour.
Of course, we carry tests (chlore, PH etc..) on a regular basis, thus ensuring an optimal quality of water in both outdoor and indoor pools.

We are sorry there seemed to have been a misunderstanding with our VIC Club staff, however, please be informed that the Tunisian evening for kids does not include dinner. It is an evening animation with a “fashion show” that takes place under a tent. Our kids club is usually a great asset to our hotel, and most of our guests are pleased with the service, therefore, although it came as a surprise, we are deeply sorry it did not meet your expectations.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to improve our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I'm currently in this wonderful hotel, it's absolutely the best in Djerba
Unfortunately summer already packed up so it's starting to get cloudy.
However, if you're looking for a place where your kids may have fun then maybe you should follow up the road to somewhere else BUT If you have been under work stress and want a calm place to enjoy your escape then this is the one .
Great service, specially a woman called Dalel it was such a pleasure to see her every morning for breakfast and every night - dinner - at ceramique buffet .

• Stayed August 2013
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed for one week for spa, relaxing and sunbading.
This is a fantastic hotel with an impressive spa departement located over 3 floors inside the hotel. It's modern and clean. The hamam is autentic (built inside the spa) and you can choose between many types of spa treatments/programs. Just fantastic and very relaxing.
Rooms are clean with good beds, bathroom not so big but clean, separate toilet (very small,- not suitable for very large persons) and a little nice veranda. The atmosphere is quiet and a little bit posh.
The hotel has several restaurants, we tried all of them and the food was tasty everywhere. The buffet (both breakfast and dinner) is just too good, so don't eaven think about dieting when you are here:)
Did see many single travellers in hotel, so this is a nice place to be,- both travelling alone and with friend(s).
Feels safe, much security around the hotel (also at the beach in daytime.) Did not travel much around on Djerba this time, so can't say much about that.
But the hotel: it is fantastic for spa and relaxing!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Erlenbach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The hotel is truly grand, the property stunning, the beach beautiful. Unfortunately the food is disappointing , general service spotty, the tennis courts are not playable and the bedding not up to todays standards( no down), worn mattress.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Radisson Blu Palace Resort & Thalasso, Djerba? Share your experiences!