The ClubHotel Riu Palm Azur is one of several hotel resorts lining up the Zone Touristique. We had stayed here since my wife's conference was being held at the hotel. It reminded us so much of the Club Med chain - great free breakfasts, lunches and dinners, free drinks all the time, Kids' Club that took the kids of your hands, scheduled group activities every hour, huge pool that was at the center of the hotel, other sports facilities like tennis, bocce balls, putt putt golf, other pools, assorted water sports, fashionable bracelet to indicate you were a hotel guest, etc.
The reception staff we dealt with was a bit unsanitary - he had a running nose, kept wiping his nose with his hands, then handled our key cards, registration form, sign-in pen, etc. Internet wi-fi was free but only available at the lobby area. You know you're in an islamic country when the hotel identifies all pork products in its restaurant buffets with pictures of pig faces - what a turn-off. TV is LCD - lots of French channels, a couple of Spanish channels, a couple of German channels - and only one English channel, BBC! Dressing up was expected at dinner - and you had to reserve your specific table, which was a nice touch. Food selection was great - at all meals, with their pasta and paella clearly the crowd favorites. The token gym had very poor equipment though.
But the hotel doesn't have good conference or workshop facilities. The rooms are not carpeted hence all the noise levels from chairs, tables, doors are magnified, and the conference room temperature was so hard to control.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palm Azur Djerba Hotel
- Riu Palm Azur Djerba Hotel Djerba Island
- Melia Hotel Palm Azur
- Sol Melia Djerba
- Melia Palm Azur
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located to the south of the island of Djerba, in the heart of an oasis and surrounded by a spectacular beach. Midoun is 6 km away, the capital of the isle of Houmt Souk 23 km and the airport of Djerba 30 km. Opened in 1997. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Olotels so you can book your Riu Palm Azur Djerba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.